• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
rs_350x233-131121143539-rs_350x233-130901205143-13.5-Bryan-Head-shake.gif

Look at him giving himself a concussion there. Hard to watch.

thefro

They seemed to win the non-NXT marks over with the match, so that's good. Solid match but they've done a lot better in NXT.

Brie kinda ruined some things and Charlotte didn't know what to do with her.

Sasha great as usual.

Not sure why they had Sasha/Charlotte not come out to their music.

It's basically like they did 2/3rds of the stuff right, so hopefully they can overcome the 1/3rd of stuff they screwed up in booking this.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
A few missteps but that was promising. The only problem I see going forwards is how many times we've already seen Sasha and Charlotte in NXT, it may get stale quickly unless they consider gimmick matches. While not all at least some of the divas should be confident to take on Ladders/ Cage matches.

I wish they'd bring someone like Beth Phoenix back to set the tone for the rest of the women. I'd also consider bringing in Bayley and even Alexa Bliss when they are ready and overhaul that roster. Maybe bring in a couple of NJPW women for variety and technique/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Owens' music is so bad, I wish they'd go back to the drawing board with that.

They want a real revolution? Start calling it the women's division again. They can still call them divas, but it's women's wrestling.

And I love Sasha. She is in a league all her own. And I really like Becky. I worry the steampunk look might keep her from getting over though.

They're getting there! I think the steampunk look will do nothing but good for her, I think her biggest hurdle is how heavy her accent is.

If Owens wins the strap here, where does that leave Cena? Surely he's not going to stay in the upper mid-card? He jumping back to the main event? Of course, assuming he does lose.

Looking forward to Fat Boy winning tonight and people being really happy that he stuck it to Cena, while Cena gingerly hands him the keys to the kingdom.

I earnestly hope Cena keeps it, though - they can keep it going another month all the way to Summerslam and keep the great storyline going without trying to figure out a way for Owens to be interesting.

I can't see them wanting to stretch this feud for 4 matches but I don't know what else they do with Cena.

Never going to happen but give Owens the win and the rematch both clean and then have the feud restart next year sometime.

Ithil

They want a real revolution? Start calling it the women's division again. They can still call them divas, but it's women's wrestling.

And I love Sasha. She is in a league all her own. And I really like Becky. I worry the steampunk look might keep her from getting over though.

The steampunk thing makes her stand out, it's a good thing.

Give it time

It just makes them all look bad imo. "Hey you two are black, here's a new black girl from NXT to hang out with. Now go be best friends!" Maybe it will be easier to take this division seriously if they stop having them all act like cliquey high school girl stereotypes from a Nickelodeon show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't see them wanting to stretch this feud for 4 matches but I don't know what else they do with Cena.

Never going to happen but give Owens the win and the rematch both clean and then have the feud restart next year sometime.

Cena just based on his name alone can carry the storyline, kinda like he has been - and Cesaro and Rusev are waiting in the wings to be a part of this.

I think we'll see a 4-way at Sammerslums.

I'd be more worried about how they can make Owens interesting WITHOUT Cena. Because without him there's nothing, not yet.

Paracelsus

nah its great.

you can always build to a feud with it.

Bryan still hasn't had a rematch. If he ever comes back there is a program for him.

Actually it's a booking loophole, because the rematch clause expires after 30 days, much like a champion must be stripped of the title if he can't defend for that much time or longer.

Top Bottom