• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

dream

I was talking to strobo just now and he pointed out that all the hatred you all threw at Brie is very similar to the way the Full Sail Fucknuts react to the redhead, which explains why some of you get so defensive when people point out what abhorrent people the NXT audience is.

Cena just based on his name alone can carry the storyline, kinda like he has been - and Cesaro and Rusev are waiting in the wings to be a part of this.

I think we'll see a 4-way at Sammerslums.

I'd be more worried about how they can make Owens interesting WITHOUT Cena. Because without him there's nothing, not yet.

I think Rusev is just in a holding pattern until Dolph gets back from filming his movie.

Fox318

Only if both of them get Neutralized.

Hnexj2j.gif

Paracelsus

Cena just based on his name alone can carry the storyline, kinda like he has been - and Cesaro and Rusev are waiting in the wings to be a part of this.

I think we'll see a 4-way at Sammerslums.

I'd be more worried about how they can make Owens interesting WITHOUT Cena. Because without him there's nothing, not yet.

Owens is what Wyatt never was and could never be: interesting in the ring, same style of bashing/shooting promo but none of that suspension of disbelief lights out bullshit. Both are fat but Owens actually looks he could retire you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Same as you book Cena after any loss. Laugh it off and act like it never happened while moving forward onto the next guy while you put the guy who beat Cena on a losing streak and in the mid-card while Cena headlines.

I noticed in the pre-match promo Cena didn't have any sort of stakes or "what happens if I lose" besides some light words of shame. He could easily lose and still stay in it.

It just makes them all look bad imo. "Hey you two are black, here's a new black girl from NXT to hang out with. Now go be best friends!" Maybe it will be easier to take this division seriously if they stop having them all act like cliquey high school girl stereotypes from a Nickelodeon show.

It's not really though, Tamini is Samoan? Naomi is black and Sasha's mixed-race. If they were going for that surely they would've teamed with Alicia.

dream

I seriously had 0 idea Sasha was black until this thread. Same goes for Tamina. Some weird complaining on that end.

I didn't know she was black either until seeing Kaladin complain that Sasha's not black enough. But I also haven't thought about it all that much.

It's not really though, Tamini is Samoan? Naomi is black and Sasha's mixed-race. If they were going for that surely they would've teamed with Alicia.

I just mean in the sense that she was sort of a throw in, not that it's some kind of race issue. It was all just thrown together without any context or backstory. Just seemed dumb to me as a way to introduce them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sasha going blonde does nothing for her racial identity issues.

After seeing this quoted a couple times I have to ask:

What are you talking about? What racial identity issues? Is this about the Confederate flag?

Top Bottom