• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
very good show overall. taker and lesnar wasn't good the first time though and i doubt it'll be any better this time. mark can't take those bumps man, come on. but overall a super fun show!

ybZ1FoP.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, lots of people are so quick to forget the New Day vs PTP match which was worth the price of admission. #blackexcellence out in force...sorry they weren't the main event

LOL this is fucking beautiful

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It makes no damn sense. Brock is the most over babyface they've had in a while and they are going to fuck it up because no one is going to boo Taker.

Well the Owens/Cena outcome made even less sense so they aren't breaking new ground And at least there is some history between Brock and the Undertaker.

Once Lesnar is done with Taker win or lose, he'll still go back to where he was because he's a genetic freak that can wreck anyone. Thats what got him over, he's an ass kicker, and he can destroy pretty much everyone else on the roster. Unless he leaves, that doesn't change.

RP912

Banned
Taker looked like a near retired wrestler from WCW Saturday Night(Think Dick Slater).

Reminds me of when Wahoo McDaniel was trying to be relevant around that time :/

Despite a bit of markage because I didn't see Taker in a few months, dude looking flabby and sick .

So not only does Owens lose, they decide to waste Lesnar on a Taker rematch...a year after Taker randomly faces Wyatt.

Instead of setting Lesnar against a bunch of the younger guys, and instead of giving Rollins some decent credibility, they decide that Taker deserves the spotlight here.

Gonna be a successful Summerslam, but come on. If Owens was booked stronger, we could have actually possibly seen Lesnar/Owens.

If Rusev and Cesaro were also given some confidence, they could have also had a great chance to prove themselves, like Bryan/Cena at Summerslam.

I'm amazed the crowd went so crazy for this geezer.

Kaladin

This just feels different from a standard non-clean champion win.

Seth got almost no offense, and got tossed around by Brock Lesnar who barely even broke a sweat before going for the F5. Then he just vanished....didn't even come back after the Taker attack to pick up the pieces.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
When Miz was doing his chickenshit heel run it was enjoyable because it was believable. You didn't think he could beat any of the guys he went against without the crazy shenanigans.

The same shit happening with Seth is just sad though. It makes him look so pathetic. He doesn't have the mic skills to sell this garbage either, but he shouldn't be stooping to these levels.

narton

well... the only show HHH actually runs is the only decent one

Okay, the whole family then. And I do imagine when Triple H baits smarks with NXT now, when he tries to kill the indies he'll have the same big guy fetish his dad has when the Performance Center is the only viable option in the future.

KissVibes

Banned
Man, lots of people are so quick to forget the New Day vs PTP match which was worth the price of admission. #blackexcellence out in force...sorry they weren't the main event

All those five guys should be main eventing.
Yes, even Kofi.
But here we are....a man that looked like his legs were going to blow out is the one with the spotlight on him right now.

lost in all of this...

Who the hell do they even have Rollins fight now?

I hope to god the Rollins/HHH rumor is wrong because dear god...no

Kaladin

Did anyone else noticed the guy with long dyed blonde hair in the front row next to the KO couple that looked seriously bored as fuck the whole night? I think he kept the same expression regardless of what was happening in front of him.

well... the only show HHH actually runs is the only decent one

Also the one trying to kill ROH

Somebody somewhere in here is going to cheer and swear things will get better the day he gets control of the main product, and I only wish we have technology to see people's futures at that point because I want to see the hope degrade from him

The only way this can even kind of work is if they position Undertaker as being a heel because he's a sore loser. Just attacking Brock left and right. Then Brock kicks his ass in a month. But that doesn't work because you then have to sell Taker as legit again in six months.

Jopie

lost in all of this...

Who the hell do they even have Rollins fight now?

I hope to god the Rollins/HHH rumor is wrong because dear god...no

Owens confronts him, and says he has been wasting his time with Cena, when the real prize is with Rollins. Says he tapped to Cena because he didn't want a US title around his waste.

He then sets himself to win 2 belts in Brooklyn in a span of two days.

It makes no sense, it has no logical coherence to previous story lines. Its WWE.

Top Bottom