• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaladin

Taker was hurting picking Bork up that second time. Hopefully he didn't get a hernia. I think the tag match was my favorite. Cena/Owens was finisher span into a Cena soul devour. Women's match had its highs and lows. Sasha was great again. I thought Sting looked bad last year with his bald spot. Taker looks like a grandpa in the ring. Miz had some good one liners. Better than a Sunday night raw in my book, but personally a disappointing ending.

Possible bad news. I can't tell if my buddy is working me or shooting. Texted me to ask when nxt brooklyn tickets go on sale. I gave him the info last week as he was insistent on wanting to buy the tickets as a birthday gift. He wants to figure it out tomorrow...

There are still some there, but it's just nosebleeds.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LAW just said roman and Stang bs Wyatt and Harper at summer slam.

Roman and Stang?
tumblr_nrrirh6XXq1rm4mpho1_540.png

Battleground was dope last year as well.

Had to actually look at the results to refresh my memory but I remember the tag match (Usos/Wyatts) being pretty good along with Ambrose/Rollins. I don't remember the main event match at all though, it was a 4 way between Cena, Reigns, Kane, and Orton with Cena coming out on top.

Heroman

Banned
Have Sheamus beat Orton, giving him more credibility, and attempt to cash-in by attacking Brock when he has Seth beat. But have Lesnar get up and go after Sheamus before the match can start. Sheamus still has MitB, and you can do Sheamus vs. Lesnar at Summerslam. Sheamus would get booed and the match would be infinitely better.

While it would be a good macth and something I would like to see there is no money in sheamus vs brock, no one would give a fuck about especially as a summerslam match. Also I don't think wwe care if everyone get cheered in this case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're implying that Sasha Banks' Father's appearance might help clear up her racial identity issues?

I don't know why that guy was going on about Sasha having racial identity issues. I don't have any idea what the issue is.

While it would be a good macth and something I would like to see there is no money in sheamus vs brock, no one would give a fuck about especially as a summerslam match. Also I don't think wwe care if everyone get cheered in this case.

Everyone won't get cheered. Brock, the top babyface, will be booed because he'll either be beating up an old man or get beat by an old man. There's no way for Brock to come out of this looking better than before, and for that reason alone this match should not happen. It's an incredibly shortsighted idea.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I also don't buy the "revenge" factor. What did Brock do that was unfair? He won that match clean in the middle of the ring. It makes no logical sense that Undertaker is a good guy for beating up a guy who beat him clean.

You don't have to lose due to some unfair advantage or underhanded tactic to want payback for the L you took. Is it that hard to believe that the legendary Undertaker wants one more shot at the guy who broke his big streak? Seems like a pretty easy sell to me. This is one of those few matches where you don't need traditional face/heel booking to push the match. Taker cost Lesnar the title, Lesnar broke Taker's streak. We've heard about it in almost every Paul Heyman appearance since that match.

This is single event, CAN'T MISS IT, booking, there is no long term plan. Can Taker actually deliver. Can he put on a good match with Brock where he doesn't die or get severely injured. Thats what I worry about.

Kaladin

I thought it was a joke when someone mentioned Finn Balor is in Street Fighter....but um.....

19223872973_ac3a4c0f0c_z.jpg

And they even got the demon mode in....

Necalli channels a mysterious energy that warps his hair color and completely changes his personality for a short period of time. While in his powered up state, he gains access to new combos, new frame data, and even a new Critical Art!

Capcom pls

also...Undertaker was in ROUGH shape after the last Lesnar match (even worse than usual) so they could be risking a Taker WM match next year just to have this Summerslam match

Paracelsus

Is it that hard to believe that the legendary Undertaker wants one more shot at the guy who broke his big streak? Seems like a pretty easy sell to me. This is one of those few matches where you don't need traditional face/heel booking to push the match. Taker cost Lesnar the title, Lesnar broke Taker's streak. We've heard about it in almost every Paul Heyman appearance since that match.

This is single event, CAN'T MISS IT, booking, there is no long term plan. Can Taker actually deliver. Can he put on a good match with Brock where he doesn't die or get severely injured. Thats what I worry about.

It is, since Undertaker apparently couldn't be arsed to come back and get his bloody revenge until Wyatt started trolling him.

What was supposed to happen was: Undertaker beats Wyatt, and then during the Triple Threat attacks Lesnar, like Goldberg did at NWO2004. It didn't cost him the title since he had other chances to beat Guerrero and failed on his own, but it still set the revenge match up. Like this it clearly shows lack of long term planning, or any planning at all.

You better be on HIGH alert, pal. Cena's in a perfect spot to take Rollins' world title.

I thought you said HGH alert for a sec

It is, since Undertaker apparently couldn't be arsed to come back and get his bloody revenge until Wyatt started trolling him.

What was supposed to happen was: Undertaker beats Wyatt, and then during the Triple Threat attacks Lesnar, like Goldberg did at NWO2004. It didn't cost him the title since he had other chances to beat Guerrero and failed on his own, but it still set the revenge match up. Like this it clearly shows lack of long term planning, or any planning at all.

And the fact that when Shawn or Trips wanted another match, he was like "naw, don't be a lil bitch, hold that L and go home". It just feels out of character for Taker.

You don't have to lose due to some unfair advantage or underhanded tactic to want payback for the L you took. Is it that hard to believe that the legendary Undertaker wants one more shot at the guy who broke his big streak? Seems like a pretty easy sell to me. This is one of those few matches where you don't need traditional face/heel booking to push the match. Taker cost Lesnar the title, Lesnar broke Taker's streak. We've heard about it in almost every Paul Heyman appearance since that match.

In wrestling there's no such thing as "single event" booking. Who goes over matters going forward, especially in this match. If Taker wins, than Brock looks like a fucking chump for losing to an old guy, and every guy Brock dominated in the past year looks worse in retrospect. And if Brock beats Taker, than what is the point? Brock will just get booed for it and will look like a heel for beating up an old man. Then in six months they'll have to sell Taker as a threat again. There is no outcome that makes this booking look good.

DMczaf

Undertaker is coming across like a complete dick tonight. Brock beat you clean almost 2 years ago now, and you kick him in the dick?

Fuck you deadman.

Paracelsus

Undertaker is coming across like a complete dick tonight. Brock beat you clean almost 2 years ago now, and you kick him in the dick?

Fuck you deadman.

The real heels here are every single fan who thinks he's still a draw and sell out arenas for that lame tired ass schtick. They're every part of the problem. I can see you paying good money to see a 300lbs man tossing 250lbs men around like babies, but Undertaker in 2015 is legit worse than Kane in 2015.

Top Bottom