• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Kickoff show was nothing - although I did enjoy Barrett's silly face before hitting the elbow. Sheamus vs. Orton was a match. Ditto the tag titles match, which had the wrong team win. Roman vs. Bray went on for ages. STEPHANIE MCMAHON PRESENTS the divas revolution triple threat was something else. We got Steph towering over JoJo, a recap of this "revolution" focusing on Steph, and some new chicks. Brie nearly landed very very badly on a pile-on back suplex. Cena-Owens went through the motions of being a good match, but wasn't much of one. Main event was a patchwork of a great match with an amazing return. Taker looks like just the right amount of young and old to make this Granddaddy Deadman deal work. I loved everything here BUT the non-finish. Seth is a fucking heel - HAVE HIM PIN BROCK AND TAKE ALL THE CREDIT. What is so fucking hard about that?

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/wwe-battleground-2015.html

Screens -

King of Great Faces -

This could've gone far worse.

Stephanie the Giant

Kickoff Screens -
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ixjafs7m743888wjcktn5huy7m7xp1y7

Battleground Screens -
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/3uisdkg66o6hds547qskqvmxmltb7j9a

Shiv47

Ugh, that was garbage. I don't ever need to see Undertaker again, much less pretend to believe his tired ass can beat Brock. Never mind how ridiculous he looks nowadays.

imBask

Banned
so that confirms that Vince thinks the young guys are the reason WWE is trash right now, so he's playing the nostalgia card

maybe

just maybe

maybe

it sucks because of how you're booking the young guys

maybe

"Undertaker wants revenge against Brock"

but only after having another WM match and beating Wyatt when he could have just fought Brock again because they were both on the same card...and this rematch happens at Summerslam and not WM

"but revenge"

MC Safety

What does Mr. Plinkett say? That was the most disappointing thing since my son?

Congratulations Undertaker. You made getting from your knees to your feet seem like a Herculean task.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Remember when I said that building up a guy as an unbeatable monster works if you don't fuck it up? This is how you fuck it up.

Not at all, or not to me anyway. If Taker thinks he can deliver the match then let him go for it. Undertaker has always been built up as something more, regardless of age and its the only other storyline Lesnar has that isn't wrecking dudes for the title.

Heyman keeps bringing up the 21-1 thing, Lesnar hurts Taker's brother, it makes perfect sense from a storyline perspective.

Now will it deliver, thats the questions. WM match was not that great.

The funniest thing is when Taker goes over Brock clean after multiple current top guys couldn't even come close to beating him because Taker has to get his win back.

Moa

"Undertaker wants revenge against Brock"

but only after having another WM match and beating Wyatt when he could have just fought Brock again because they were both on the same card...and this rematch happens at Summerslam and not WM

"but revenge"
Revenge for Kane, not for WM30.

That was fantastic. Totally surprised by him coming out. I threw my hands in the air when I saw him in the ring.

My only complaint is what happened to Seth and the Ref.

RP912

Banned
Taker v Brock 2 would be a horrible match. No way Taker can take more than a couple germans, if that.

I doubt they going to let Brock get over that easy. They probably going to have a cowardy Bork running around like a chump while Taker tries to look threatening. Bullshit :/

krae_man

QLbGa8B.gif

Amory

Taker can't put on a good match to save his life these days. Now we are going to waste precious Brock dates on his ass? Fuck this.
Dude he'll definitely do that amazing move where he walks out on the rope from the turnbuckle and the crowd will eat that shit up

Not at all, or not to me anyway. If Taker thinks he can deliver the match then let him go for it. Undertaker has always been built up as something more, regardless of age and its the only other storyline Lesnar has that isn't wrecking dudes for the title.

Heyman keeps bringing up the 21-1 thing, Lesnar hurts Taker's brother, it makes perfect sense from a storyline perspective.

Now will it deliver, thats the questions. WM match was not that great.

It makes no damn sense. Brock is the most over babyface they've had in a while and they are going to fuck it up because no one is going to boo Taker.

Kaladin

When you look at how the company has been booked in the past. Brock Lesnar should by all means be the next Adre The Giant, or Hulk Hogan or Rock....or even John Cena. He's the marquee guy you look for that only comes around once every other life time. And you do this?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Its seriously so fucking awful on so many levels. They had Brock break the streak to make him into a total juggernaut and it worked...

and now they're going to feed him back to a decrepit Taker because ???

Taker will get his win back at SummerSlam so he can look legit for Sting at Mania.

Meanwhile, Sting will be the fall guy for a tag match with Roman against the Wyatts.

so that confirms that Vince thinks the young guys are the reason WWE is trash right now, so he's playing the nostalgia card

maybe

just maybe

maybe

it sucks because of how you're booking the young guys

maybe

Yeah. The nostalgia card is pretty long in the tooth by now and honestly these guys aren't going to be able to wrestle much longer.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
highly doubt brock will lose to taker at summerslam, itll probs be a tag team kane/taker with brock and someone and that someone takes pin instead

Paracelsus

Oh and the problem with Lesnar is this:

During Lesnar's run in 2002-2004 only ONE (1) man took him down him clean in one on one confrontation, and that was an absolute legend in Kurt Angle. He pinned him once in a triple threat, and made him submit. The Goldberg match was throwaway and it never counts.

If Lesnar wins back the strap, you're going to have to take it off him by cheating in another triple threat, and people are gonna see it coming. There's just no way it could work.

Top Bottom