• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Cagey

Banned
As said in chat, I was watching a perfectly good PG rated snuff film starring Brock Lesnar, and the Undertaker went and ruined it before the payoff.

I paid good money to see murder tonight and I get kicked right in the figurative dick when Brock gets kicked in the literal one.

Fuck the Undertaker.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It is, since Undertaker apparently couldn't be arsed to come back and get his bloody revenge until Wyatt started trolling him.

What was supposed to happen was: Undertaker beats Wyatt, and then during the Triple Threat attacks Lesnar, like Goldberg did at NWO2004. It didn't cost him the title since he had other chances to beat Guerrero and failed on his own, but it still set the revenge match up. Like this it clearly shows lack of long term planning, or any planning at all.

there is no long term planning, its going to be a one event deal. This is born out of two things most likely. Most fans were not satisfied with the Lesnar/Taker WM match and how it went down. Maybe Mean Mark wants another shot to have a better match with Lesnar, who knows.

The other is simply money and yes, WWE thinks there are enough casual fans to see Undertaker rematch vs Brock Lesnar like its their version of Mayweather/Pacquiao. This has nothing to do with titles or feuds with Rollins or Bray or any of that. This is Beast vs Phenom for only $9.99

RP912

Banned
The real heels here are every single fan who thinks he's still a draw and sell out arenas for that lame tired ass schtick. They're every part of the problem. I can see you paying good money to see a 300lbs man tossing 250lbs men around like babies, but Undertaker in 2015 is legit worse than Kane in 2015.

Shit.

You hit it right on the nail. Fuck the Undertaker. Bork was trying to indulge in some assault and battery of a Seth Rollins, and Taker pops out of no where like a chump.

Fox318

uHmOdle.jpg

there is no long term planning, its going to be a one event deal. This is born out of two things most likely. Most fans were not satisfied with the Lesnar/Taker WM match and how it went down. Maybe Mean Mark wants another shot to have a better match with Lesnar, who knows.

The other is simply money and yes, WWE thinks there are enough casual fans to see Undertaker rematch vs Brock Lesnar like its their version of Mayweather/Pacquiao. This has nothing to do with titles or feuds with Rollins or Bray or any of that. This is Beast vs Phenom for only $9.99

Yep, pop a rating, crow about how the network number is high even though it's propped up by a few casuals who will back out a month later. This is a 100% panic move, with ratings down. I wonder what that network number is right now...

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Imagine a Mania 18 where Hogan kicked out of 2 Rock Bottoms and the People's Elbow, then tapped to the Rock's sharpshooter

Maybe thats why I'm not salty about Taker/Lesnar or don't see it as that big of a deal because Owens not winning the US Title when it was completely logical for him to do so is grinding my shit instead.

Yep, pop a rating, crow about how the network number is high even though it's propped up by a few casuals who will back out a month later. This is a 100% panic move, with ratings down. I wonder what that network number is right now...

Absolutely this. You aren't going to get consistent Network subs with a main event of Lesnar and Taker. Their goal should be building guys so they can have consistently good ratings and subs, not going for a good month because they want to rely on old guys.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Absolutely this. You aren't going to get consistent Network subs with a main event of Lesnar and Taker. Their goal should be building guys so they can have consistently good ratings and subs, not going for a good month because they want to rely on old guys.

It probably worked for Sting/WM I guess which is why they are pulling the trigger here. And I'm in full agreement with your point too, but if the bookers thought the same way we did, we'd be wondering who Owens is going to face in his first US title feud.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Nice to see you, Spider. Haven't heard it yet. You?

I've only given it a single spin but I was digging it. Depressing albums are always going to get the Spider Endorsement™ though.

Gonna listen to Depression Cherry for the first time while I lay my precious little head on my precious little pillow tonight.

7196db41b690ecf96f7de0e6887cbdde.jpg

#blessed

If John Cener wins another world title I may quit wrestling for ever.

Flair literally said in an interview a month or two ago that if anybody breaks his record for most world titles, the only person he'd want is Cena. And Cena's 2 away from those.

He loses that US title only if they've found a perfect way to get him on the road to breaking that record, so if anything you should be one of the happy people after this Owens loss.

Realistically, life as a wrestling fan for all of us would probably be better if we at least faked liking Cena. Think of how little feuds in the last decade wouldn't have ended with you being happy.

It is, since Undertaker apparently couldn't be arsed to come back and get his bloody revenge until Wyatt started trolling him.

What was supposed to happen was: Undertaker beats Wyatt, and then during the Triple Threat attacks Lesnar, like Goldberg did at NWO2004. It didn't cost him the title since he had other chances to beat Guerrero and failed on his own, but it still set the revenge match up. Like this it clearly shows lack of long term planning, or any planning at all.
Why would Undertaker cost Reigns or Rollins his WM moment?

Y'all try to talk up logic and planning but don't ask yourselves the most obvious questions. This is what all the wrestlers always talk about with the fans not getting it. This way was better, by waiting for Brock to almost succeed at his journey, if you were to do this at all.

It probably worked for Sting/WM I guess which is why they are pulling the trigger here. And I'm in full agreement with your point too, but if the bookers thought the same way we did, we'd be wondering who Owens is going to face in his first US title feud.

WM is a different story. It shouldn't be, but it is. I mean, there is no business that has been successful by relying on old guys and all but ignoring actually building new talent. Maybe you could argue boxing, but they only have three, maybe four, really big shows every year.

I'm happy with Cena winning. Either way KO is here to stay and has a pretty great fan base from what it seems like. He doesn't even need the title right now he is already over with the crowd.

Keeping it on Cena just makes the US title more important than ever. It almost feels like it's worth more than the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Which seems to be problem in itself.

Cena keeps the open challenge which gives us incredible matches every Monday night.

Flair literally said in an interview a month or two ago that if anybody breaks his record for most world titles, the only person he'd want is Cena. And Cena's 2 away from those.

He loses that US title only if they've found a perfect way to get him on the road to breaking that record, so if anything you should be one of the happy people after this Owens loss.

Realistically, life as a wrestling fan for all of us would probably be better if we at least faked liking Cena. Think of how little feuds in the last decade wouldn't have ended with you being happy.

Flair can say what ever he wants. As a fan since 1986, it would be the greatest travesty and biggest slap in the face I have ever witnessed.

I've only given it a single spin but I was digging it. Depressing albums are always going to get the Spider Endorsement™ though.

Gonna listen to Depression Cherry for the first time while I lay my precious little head on my precious little pillow tonight.

7196db41b690ecf96f7de0e6887cbdde.jpg

#blessed

so glad to hear it, brother. also looking forward to depression cherry

Decent PPV, but I wonder why such a sparse card? There's tons of talent who could've put on another decent match or two.

Here's my immediate thoughts:
-Orton V. Sheamus was a bit of a snoozefest. Orton's best match of this year was his Wrestlemania one with Rollins.

-That tag match rocked. PTP shows tons of athleticism, with strong moves. I like their "team" moves, too; it's a hint of The Dudley's with what they do. I expect to see the Lucha Dragons get into the mix for the belts sometime soon. I'm happy to see we're getting away from 3 man tag teams.

-I'm glad the diva's got featured. Flair's daughter possesses some great ability, but she does need to clean it up a bit. I'd like to see some more single matches with all of those who were in the mix. They all gave themselves great moments to shine.

-Owens V. Cena Pt. III delivered, stole the show, and I'm not salty about that finish. Owens more than proved himself, and I think Cena makes a decent US Champ. Let a few others get into the mix for the title, and keep Owens around to decimate the rest of the midcard.

-Bray V. Reigns was okay, but neither got decent flow in it. There were tons of power moves, but not too much stood out.

-I'm not sure about the main event. Taker showing up doesn't make too much sense. At least it won't be a feud over the title. Maybe the masterplan is a fatal four way between Brock, and the rest of the shield members for the title belt?

Paracelsus

Why would Undertaker cost Reigns or Rollins his WM moment?

Y'all try to talk up logic and planning but don't ask yourselves the most obvious questions. This is what all the wrestlers always talk about with the fans not getting it. This way was better, by waiting for Brock to almost succeed at his journey, if you were to do this at all.

Nobody stole Guerrero's moment, nobody ever thought he won because of Gowberg, and Rollins was supposed to steal the title anyway, one single massive outside interference would have not done much.

Top Bottom