• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Zach

Pn9LHsW.gif

I just watched this event! I had to play that moment for a friend. I was like "dude, look at this... and again..."

Wagram

Booking wise tonights PPV (or whatever) was absolutely terrible. Brie Bella? BRIE BELLA? Are you kidding me? She's talentless, and the match still felt like a terrible divas match. Alisha Fox or Nikki would have been infinitely better. John Cena over Owens, big surprise there. Bray Wyatt syndrome in effect for KO now. Then we have The Undertaker with a year and a half sore loser grudge. That's not The Undertaker, sorry WWE.

Performance wise, I thought it was excellent outside of the shit Diva's match (thanks to Brie). I thought Wyatt vs. Reigns was the best with Cena vs. Owens at a very close second.

Is it accurate to say two part timers took the spotlight while the full time WWE champion scurried away?

Not only that, but so far the champ's the only one who's got nothing to do at Summerslam

Reigns has Harper/Bray to face with either Sting or Ambrose
Even if Ambrose isn't in the above, he just went one PPV without doing anything, no need for him to suddenly do something in the next one
Miz/Show/Ryback finally gonna happen
Divas getting their feud
PTP/New Day 3 probably
Cena facing Cesaro probably
Brock/Taker 2

Who's Seth got? Owens? Insurance King Kane?

Cagey

Banned
When other wrestlers were on tonight, the wife complains I'm taking up the television with boring fake sports with slow people. When Brock Lesnar was out, every suplex was followed with a small gasp and "I bet he's hurt for real."

Luckily she feel asleep before the Undertaker could dispel any of her illusions about the realness of Brock Lesnar.

Brock Business still protected.

When other wrestlers were on tonight, the wife complains I'm taking up the television with boring fake sports with slow people. When Brock Lesnar was out, every suplex was followed with a small gasp and "I bet he's hurt for real."

Luckily she feel asleep before the Undertaker could dispel any of her illusions about the realness of Brock Lesnar.

Brock Business still protected.

Not looking good for Kevin Owens

Not only that, but so far the champ's the only one who's got nothing to do at Summerslam

Reigns has Harper/Bray to face with either Sting or Ambrose
Even if Ambrose isn't in the above, he just went one PPV without doing anything, no need for him to suddenly do something in the next one
Miz/Show/Ryback finally gonna happen
Divas getting their feud
PTP/New Day 3 probably
Cena facing Cesaro probably
Brock/Taker 2

Who's Seth got? Owens? Insurance King Kane?

Depending on his living situation between now and SummerSlam, we're looking at either Real Estate Agent Kane or Home Owner Kane for Rollins' opponent.

Do we really want Brock coming out and dominating everyone? Or deal with a part time champ who shows up when he feels like it?

I find Brock entertaining, but you don't want to turn him into this invincible Super Cena (yes, the skillset between both is vast, and Brock wins the technical side) type like wrestler. Undertaker may not be the answer, but at least it gives us another storyline for the championship, and someone for Brock to try and dominate.

Do we really want Brock coming out and dominating everyone? Or deal with a part time champ who shows up when he feels like it?

I find Brock entertaining, but you don't want to turn him into this invincible Super Cena (yes, the skillset between both is vast, and Brock wins the technical side) type like wrestler. Undertaker may not be the answer, but at least it gives us another storyline for the championship, and someone for Brock to try and dominate.

yes and yes to both

Yes, because being an invincible murderer is Brock's CHARACTER. From a character standpoint, Cena is supposed to be just another wrestler. Brock is meant to be head and shoulders above the rest.

RP912

Banned

Yes.

People forget about wrestlers looking strong. Dudes like Vader who wrecked wrestlers left and right to the point Flair and Sting were legit shook. It works when it's executed well. Honestly, Brock brings that big fight feel to events that no other wrestler can achieve besides Cena and Orton. Why bring him down to a mortal man when he should be booked as a the last boss of a Nintendo game.

At least until a wrestler can meet his caliber.

I've been saying since his match with Cena at SummerSlam that Brock coming in and just dominating is not fun unless it's against Cena, or in a very special circumstance like what happened with Reigns during the Road to WrestleMania.

That being said, I enjoy every Lesnar match regardless, so what do I know? I would still like to see more competitive matches, no matter how unrealistic.

Yes, because being an invincible murderer is Brock's CHARACTER. From a character standpoint, Cena is supposed to be just another wrestler. Brock is meant to be head and shoulders above the rest.
Dat UFC championship pretty much triumphs any other wrestlers accomplishments and rightfully so.

For the past two years, Vince has has Mania booked. And for the past two years he's had to change it. Let's see if he finally gets his way.

The 2 year tradition has been:

give in to fans and let them see their shitty plan go to fruition
then shitty plan predictably backfires
and the rest of the year is him doing his own shitty plan as punishment

Paracelsus

Lesnar is the lesser of all evils.

Rollins? Wasted reign. Reigns? Looks, superpunch, can't talk, doesn't even look like a threat. Ambrose? Never gonna make it.

I believe that's the point, between Lesnar dominating everyone and Cena burying more wrestlers while holding the US title in four months than he ever did in 10 holding the WWE belt, they are hoping you pray Cena comes back in the title picture
/tinfoil

RP912

Banned
For the past two years, Vince has has Mania booked. And for the past two years he's had to change it. Let's see if he finally gets his way.

He got his way this year with Sting getting shit on because "WCW", Cena putting a end to the tyrant Russev :/, Bray Wyatt putting a end to himself, and Reigns headlining Wrestlemania. It was pretty much a gift to himself after the superior WM 30. I still enjoyed this year's mania though...

Main roster WWE is so bizarre because you'll feel like they're working toward finally pushing workrate and believability like early '90s WCW or NWA, but then they go right back into wacky ass character world. I want to see another Taker match less than I want to see any old rock stars on a final tour. Taker even looks like one at this point.

I don't know what to think about people who want to see legit fighter final boss Lesnar take on a goofy ass old man for some reason. That Grantland article about Lesnar bringing in an era of legitimacy and reality last week looks hilarious now.

He got his way this year with Sting getting shit on because "WCW", Cena putting a end to the tyrant Russev :/, Bray Wyatt putting a end to himself, and Reigns headlining Wrestlemania. It was pretty much a gift to himself after the superior WM 30. I still enjoyed this year's mania though...

His goal more than anything this year was for Reigns to go over in the main event. It's the whole reason they had Brock end the streak. And he wasn't able to do that. So in the end, he didn't get his way.

Metzler, and pretty much everyone else, was wrong about Austin V. Brock. I know he usually doesn't miss, but I don't really trust him right now. We're getting swerves left and right.

RP912

Banned
His goal more than anything this year was for Reigns to go over in the main event. It's the whole reason they had Brock end the streak. And he wasn't able to do that. So in the end, he didn't get his way.

True, but the fans forced his hand. He could have just said fuck it...Reigns going over, but it would be a miserable sight with the crowd already booing the hell out of the dude. At least Reigns looked strong with smiling from every move Bork gave him.

Top Bottom