• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Striker

Never said it made sense to only look for someone at least 6'2". Just at Angelico would fit the bill. Then again, he's South African I think so even though he can speak Spanish he'd probably be rejected.
They had direction for Del Rio right up until his feud with Edge. After that he was never given any sort of direction or personality. He still claimed it was his destiny, etc. Same deal how they use Bray. Just a circle of nowhere. Kalisto is a good bet to sell lots of merch but they probably feel he's too tiny, or something. He doesn't have to main event. Neither did Rey.

Aiii

So not worth it
Okay, am I the only one that can't stop laughing at Old Man Taker with his ridiculous make-up, pretending it's still 1992 and "undead wielder of mystic lightning powers" is still an acceptable gimmick?

Also, Brock being all shocked at Taker being there has me thinking Heyman is the worst manager of all time, it's been all over the news for days, Heyman should have warned Brock.

Okay, am I the only one that can't stop laughing at Old Man Taker with his ridiculous make-up, pretending it's still 1992 and "undead wielder of mystic lightning powers" is still an acceptable gimmick?

Also, Brock being all shocked at Taker being there has me thinking Heyman is the worst manager of all time, it's been all over the news for days, Heyman should have warned Brock.

At least he wears his biker Taker gear. Looks less ridiculous.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wish he would have come in as Biker Taker. At his age, that's the perfect gimmick. Just go straight to "Sons of Anarchy Ron Perlman"-Taker.

Hex

Banned
Reigns/Sting/Ambrose vs Harper/Wyatt/Rowan

For anyone thinking of getting Summerslam, currently looking like

Seth/HHH or Seth/Kane

Brock/Taker 2

Reigns & Sting/Wyatt & Harper

Rusev/Summer vs Dolph/Lana

Big Show/Miz/Ryback

Stardust/The CW's Green Arrow

Divas match

Cena match (probably not with Owens)

Sephzilla

Just eyeing up the Battleground results - looks like I didn't miss much. CenaWinsLOL happen again?

EVO's Sunday Finals had way better booking

P44

In Lesnar they built a ridiculous character however good the character is. They've built him to be indestructible unless facing a part timer ala Taker, the Rock. They've built him to be that since Cena's squash at Summerslam.

That said if I was booking Rollins to win, I would make it no DQ and have Rollins use the sledgehammer in the vein of HHH.

Can't believe they pissed away that main event to bring back an old man who hasn't had a good match since CM Punk carried him at Wrestlemania 29. Absolutely unbelievable.

Enjoyed Battleground for the most part.

I do think they should have had some sort of end to the Brock vs. Seth match. I guess they didn't want the visual of Seth pinning Brock and they didn't want the audio of announcing a DQ to ruin the atmosphere they were going for. Felt awkward though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Enjoyed Battleground for the most part.

I do think they should have had some sort of end to the Brock vs. Seth match. I guess they didn't want the visual of Seth pinning Brock and they didn't want the audio of announcing a DQ to ruin the atmosphere they were going for. Felt awkward though.

It's FUCKING BULLSHIT, is what it is.

Sephzilla

Real talk - Seth Rollin's WWE title run has turned out to be one of the least interesting title runs since Jack Swagger's WHC run everyone forgot about.

Lum1n3s

Where can one watch the G1 Glimax matches on NJPW World? Having a hard time trying to find it since I don't know Japanese -___-.

OctoMan

Banned
My SS card predictions:

Undertaker vs Brock

Paige vs Nikki

New Day vs PTP

Wyatt and Harper vs Reigns and
Sting

Stardust vs Neville w/ Stephen Amell

Cena vs Cesaro vs Owens vs Rusev for US title

Seth vs ???? No idea where they go with him. don't see how trips or seth can turn face. Kane maybe :/

One more match that involves at least 2 of Ambrose/Sheamus/Barrett/Orton to get on the card. I'll guess Ambrose vs Barrett

Big Show vs Miz vs Ryback preshow

Aiii

So not worth it
Real talk - Seth Rollin's WWE title run has turned out to be one of the least interesting title runs since Jack Swagger's WHC run everyone forgot about.

I honestly can't remember the last WWE Title run that really meant something.

The two weeks CM Punk was WWE Champion the first time, maybe... But that whole Del Rio bs afterwards soured that one and then some.

Sephzilla

I honestly can't remember the last WWE Title run that really meant something.

The two weeks CM Punk was WWE Champion the first time, maybe... But that whole Del Rio bs afterwards soured that one and then some.

I can
Screen_Shot_2014-08-17_at_10.50.13_PM.0.0.png

I didn't like it at the time, but Lesnar crushing Cena and then taking the belt back with him to Mount Olympus for a few months made that belt feel meaningful.

Aiii

So not worth it

I can't count a title run that involved a guy not being around for months. He had two title defenses. One at NoC by losing via DQ to a superior Joan Sina, and one at the Rumble against Rollins and Cena. Next match he lost the belt.

He might be the most paperest of paper champions.

Sephzilla

I can't count a title run that involved a guy not being around for months. He had two title defenses. One at NoC by losing via DQ to a superior Joan Sina, and one at the Rumble against Rollins and Cena. Next match he lost the belt.

To be fair though, it was a MITB cash in. He was dominating the actual match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;172446488 said:
It's Mil's time to shine!

The man of 1000 deaths vs the Suplex City Beast

Or Hernandez, hoh hohh hoh

I still think Hernandez can be salvaged, and he has a great look.

I don't know why Cena's US title run is so exciting to people if no wrestler still wins feuds against him.

I don't look at it in terms of wins and losses, but new matchups and a clear and clean story. Cena's been wonderful.

kiguel182

Owens vs Cena was totally ruined by that ending. Unless they do a best of five or something having Owens lose the feud is just ridiculous. Sure, he is fucked once he has the title and only mid carders to wrestle but he is the best guy to take it from Cena. And having him tap out on top of it is just ridiculous.

The main-event was, honestly, a joke. Rollins look like a little bitch and fucking Taker is back. It's bad enough seeing him at Mania these days so another match is something I'm not looking forward too. Specially against a guy like Lesnar who could be having better matches with younger opponents.

Honestly, the part I liked the most was that New Day promo. Those guys have been done amazing things with that gimmick. Glad they turned heel and ran with it. It's a great showing of how you can make guys better on the mic just by giving them something a chance to run with it.

Anyway, Battleground had a lot of potential but the ending result wasn't very exciting.

EDIT: Totally forgot but the women's match was great too. The start was a bit of a clusterfuck (like most triple threats) but they managed to get it together by the end of it and even if Brie sucks the other two carried her to good match. But man, Brie really needs to step it up, they should've just sent Alicia there.

Raw64life

I don't know why Cena's US title run is so exciting to people if no wrestler still wins feuds against him.

Cena has managed to convince a lot of people that having a good match with him on Raw/PPV will help a wrestler's career regardless of the result of the match. Maybe for an extremely short period of time it does, but in the long run it doesn't mean shit 90% of the time.

Hex

Banned

The one thing I liked back in the day was that title matches were a big deal.
They would happen only at the big ppvs which made them special.
Now we get garbage title defenses all of the time that end up having shitty gimmick endings because obviously the title is not going to change hands.

Owens vs Cena was totally ruined by that ending. Unless they do a best of five or something having Owens lose the feud is just ridiculous. Sure, he is fucked once he has the title and only mid carders to wrestle but he is the best guy to take it from Cena. And having him tap out on top of it is just ridiculous.

The main-event was, honestly, a joke. Rollins look like a little bitch and fucking Taker is back. It's bad enough seeing him at Mania these days so another match is something I'm not looking forward too. Specially against a guy like Lesnar who could be having better matches with younger opponents.

Honestly, the part I liked the most was that New Day promo. Those guys have been done amazing things with that gimmick. Glad they turned heel and ran with it. It's a great showing of how you can make guys better on the mic just by giving them something a chance to run with it.

Anyway, Battleground had a lot of potential but the ending result wasn't very exciting.

EDIT: Totally forgot but the women's match was great too. The start was a bit of a clusterfuck (like most triple threats) but they managed to get it together by the end of it and even if Brie sucks the other two carried her to good match. But man, Brie really needs to step it up, they should've just sent Alicia there.

I could genuinely see Owens getting the US belt by beating Cesaro or whoever in a multiman match, and I don't know if that'd be worse than just ending the Cena feud now because at least then you could hide the fact that he just plain couldn't beat Cena when it counted.

Kaladin

I ain't even mad at the Owens / Cena finish. You know why? There is somewhere they can go with that. Owens is the opposite of Cena, they can say he'll tap out to wrestle tonight, because he knows Cena will put the belt on the line again and he'll have another chance.

Lesnar / Rollins though? GTFO with that shit. Even if there was before, there is no redeeming Rollins now after last night. All the good they did with him beating Ambrose on his own is gone. And Lesnar....I swear if he looses to the Undertaker....the WWE will have thrown away the best build they've created in a long time, all so Taker can get his win back.

Top Bottom