• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

I'm a huge Taker mark but I don't want another Brock/Taker feud. Taker doesn't need that win back, having Brock lose at this point will throw away all of that build up he's had, and I just worry about Taker's health going against Brock again. Have Taker go destroy Bray (again) or Ambrose since neither of them are going to do a fucking thing.

Owens vs Cena was totally ruined by that ending. Unless they do a best of five or something having Owens lose the feud is just ridiculous. Sure, he is fucked once he has the title and only mid carders to wrestle but he is the best guy to take it from Cena. And having him tap out on top of it is just ridiculous.

The main-event was, honestly, a joke. Rollins look like a little bitch and fucking Taker is back. It's bad enough seeing him at Mania these days so another match is something I'm not looking forward too. Specially against a guy like Lesnar who could be having better matches with younger opponents.

Honestly, the part I liked the most was that New Day promo. Those guys have been done amazing things with that gimmick. Glad they turned heel and ran with it. It's a great showing of how you can make guys better on the mic just by giving them something a chance to run with it.

Anyway, Battleground had a lot of potential but the ending result wasn't very exciting.

EDIT: Totally forgot but the women's match was great too. The start was a bit of a clusterfuck (like most triple threats) but they managed to get it together by the end of it and even if Brie sucks the other two carried her to good match. But man, Brie really needs to step it up, they should've just sent Alicia there.

Owens ain't flipping the bracket on Cena. No one runs it back against Cena.

Or Hernandez, hoh hohh hoh

I still think Hernandez can be salvaged, and he has a great look.

I don't look at it in terms of wins and losses, but new matchups and a clear and clean story. Cena's been wonderful.

The prospect of working with Swagger, Miz, Ryback, and Hernandez would make me file an unsafe work environment lawsuit.

I'm a huge Taker mark but I don't want another Brock/Taker feud. Taker doesn't need that win back, having Brock lose at this point will throw away all of that build up he's had, and I just worry about Taker's health going against Brock again. Have Taker go destroy Bray (again) or Ambrose since neither of them are going to do a fucking thing.

Please understand and enjoy Taker getting his fucking win back at WrestleMania 32.

People can blame Cena all thy want for not creating new main event era (and that should be the point, right, to create new attractions that will make the company money), but he doesn't book this shit. Don't blame the symptom and ignore the root cause.

jmdajr

Seth should look stronger vs Brock then Cena or Reigns? lol.

This was never gonna happen. I'm surprised Seth even got offense. His only chance were his goons and they were taken out.

Sephzilla

Please understand and enjoy Taker getting his fucking win back at WrestleMania 32.

People can blame Cena all thy want for not creating new main event era (and that should be the point, right, to create new attractions that will make the company money), but he doesn't book this shit. Don't blame the symptom and ignore the root cause.

Taker is the root cause? El oh fucking el. He's a guy who wrestles one match a year and most of the time it's against another old-timer. Cena can cut off more main event in a couple of months than Taker will in a few years.

Taker is the root cause? El oh fucking el. He's a guy who wrestles one match a year and most of the time it's against another old-timer. Cena can cut off more main event in a couple of months than Taker will in a few years.

(Psst. The wrestlers aren't the root cause. Think VKM and KD.)

FOOTE

I was at the show last night. I had a find time, but I literally couldn't see anything that was going on in the ring for the entire show.

bdB622U.jpg

That's a picture taken with my phone in the air about 8 feet or so. Fuck, I wont ever get floor seats that far back (14) again. All I saw was a big assed head right in front of me most of the night. Couldn't even see the titantron. Had to watch the scoreboard screen a lot of the time.

I was at the show last night. I had a find time, but I literally couldn't see anything that was going on in the ring for the entire show.

That's a picture taken with my phone in the air about 8 feet or so. Fuck, I wont ever get floor seats that far back (14) again. All I saw was a big assed head right in front of me most of the night. Couldn't even see the titantron. Had to watch the scoreboard screen a lot of the time.

Floor seats unless you are in the first four rows are useless. I would rather sit on the second deck for wrestling.

Went to a RoH show a few weeks ago and had floor seats right next to the "ramp". My friend and I moved to some of the stadium seating further back and around the arena. Far better experience.

jmdajr

Why did you do that! Learn from us!

Kaladin

This is a lesson that everyone who goes to a WWE event eventually learns. The floor is crap beyond the first three - five rows. I had a similar seat at WWEECW December To Dismember and like you, I saw the backs of heads. I've been going for lower bowl seats ever since. Even a lower bowl seat behind where you were is better than your seat.

Edit: I have a serious question though.....who sits in those seats? I mean, they don't go empty....someone is sitting in them every week and at every PPV. Is it the legit 6' tall plus section?

Sephzilla

Yeah unless it's one of the first four rows I'm never getting floor seats

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Biggest pops of the night?

This is a lesson that everyone who goes to a WWE event eventually learns. The floor is crap beyond the first three - five rows. I had a similar seat at WWEECW December To Dismember and like you, I saw the backs of heads. I've been going for lower bowl seats ever since. Even a lower bowl seat behind where you were is better than your seat.

It's not much better at, say, and ROH show either.

kiguel182

I could genuinely see Owens getting the US belt by beating Cesaro or whoever in a multiman match, and I don't know if that'd be worse than just ending the Cena feud now because at least then you could hide the fact that he just plain couldn't beat Cena when it counted.

A multi-man match makes sense but yeah, it would be an even worse ending for this feud. Oh well, the matches were great I guess.

Owens ain't flipping the bracket on Cena. No one runs it back against Cena.

Yeah, I was hopeful. My fault.

On the bright side, you didn't get to see the closeup of 50 year old Taker kicking Brock in the dick.

People always talk about hilariously dumb wrestling moments. That's one we're gonna be talking about for years.

Also, have Observer thoughts on Owens/Cena 3

Meltzer: You know, that first win by Kevin Owens and, you know, it got a lot of attention and was really good for a lot of things.. well maybe in their mind it wasn't because then, you know, Cena's business went down and that's probably another reason why this happened the way it did because they panicked.
(..)
Meltzer: Bryan, I did tell you this couple weeks ago, didn't I?
Alvarez: Yeah, and it was pretty clear...
Meltzer: Yeah, I told you the whole story on it, so yeah. The gist... to again explain this: there were two schools of thoughts on Kevin Owens. From the start. And the basic gist was that some people thought he was gonna make it. Some people thought he wasn't gonna make it. And those who thought he wasn't gonna make it made sure that he got every opportunity to make it or else they would be wrong, you know what I mean? I shouldn't say that they were wrong. They couldn't prove that they were right. So now whether he makes or doesn't make it this is a game going on. And we're in the middle of a game. And he may still make it he is a good promo...
Alvarez: He is a very talented guy.. he is a great promo.. he is a great wrestler...
Meltzer: He is a great promo, he works his ass off in the ring...
Alvarez: But it's WWE...
Meltzer: He doesn't have a great physique. He's gonna be... I just don't want him to be freaking Cesaro. Or Rusev.And he is actually patterned..
Alvarez: They just put him in a match with those two guys.
Meltzer: Yeah, I mean his pattern is much like Rusev's. You remember Rusev beat Cena the first time and then lost the next three... I don't know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On the bright side, you didn't get to see the closeup of 50 year old Taker kicking Brock in the dick.

People always talk about hilariously dumb wrestling moments. That's one we're gonna be talking about for years.

Also, have Observer thoughts on Owens/Cena 3

ahhhhhahahahaha he had to close it with

"I don't know."

Meltzer's the best.

kiguel182

The way WWE treats their talent is depressing. Seriously it is.

And this whole "Lucha Dragons" business is just mind-blowing too. They had like four matches on Raw and they already gave up on them? Why?

And yeah, Kevin Owens beating Cena was just too good to happen I guess. WWE has all the tools to have a great product but sometimes it seems they refuse to do it.

Sephzilla

And this whole "Lucha Dragons" business is just mind-blowing too. They had like four matches on Raw and they already gave up on them? Why?

And yeah, Kevin Owens beating Cena was just too good to happen I guess. WWE has all the tools to have a great product but sometimes it seems they refuse to do it.

Having no competition will do that

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Lucha Dragons are a terrible team. Kalisto needs to be on his own. Sin Cara continues to drag him down. I see why they give up. That, and the terrible Elimination Chamber performance.

Kevin Owens winning a match doesn't make it a great product. It's not about wins and losses.

jmdajr

you went too? damn!

Nah. Just my opinion from watching at home.

Speaking of opinions I don't see how people can be butt hurt about fatty losing the feud. He's lucky to even be in the spotlight.

Cesaro and Rusev I can more understand. At least they look like folks McMahon would like.
And not only do they look the part, they are good!

I still have hope for Rusev though. Too fucking good not be world champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Speaking of opinions I don't see how people can be butt hurt about fatty losing the feud. He's lucky to even be in the spotlight.

Cesaro and Rusev I can more understand. At least they look like folks McMahon would like.

Rusev will get there. A combination of fat and muscle = big bucks

Sephzilla

If Cena didn't completely demolish everything good about Rusev we could have had Rusev and Brock both chasing Rollins for the belt right now and potentially had a Rusev/Brock monster clash.

jmdajr

If Cena didn't completely demolish everything good about Rusev we could have had Rusev and Brock both chasing Rollins for the belt right now and potentially had a Rusev/Brock monster clash.

I still haven't lost hope on this. Somehow down the line Bork will accidentally hurt Lana bringing about Super Rusev and the power couple reuniting.

kiguel182

Having no competition will do that

Lucha Dragons are a terrible team. Kalisto needs to be on his own. Sin Cara continues to drag him down. I see why they give up. That, and the terrible Elimination Chamber performance.

Kevin Owens winning a match doesn't make it a great product. It's not about wins and losses.

Well, then use Kalisto. The guys is great yet he is given nothing to do.

It's more than Owens. The general product has tons of potential to be better that just isn't taken advantage off. Either because of pity shit or because of stuff that most of the audience don't care about, like being swiss.

Sephzilla

Also I'm going to be really salty if they run with HHH/Rock at WM32. (Assuming he wants to wrestle) Austin should be the goddamn one to challenge HHH given Austin's entire history of challenging authority figures, and WM is in goddamn Texas.

jmdajr

Well, then use Kalisto. The guys is great yet he is given nothing to do.

It's more than Owens. The general product has tons of potential to be better that just isn't taken advantage off. Either because of pity shit or because of stuff that most of the audience don't care about, like being swiss.

The Cesaro deal is confusing.

But KO? Who the fuck would buy a box a wheaties with him on the box?

imBask

Banned
Also I'm going to be really salty if they run with HHH/Rock at WM32. (Assuming he wants to wrestle) Austin should be the goddamn one to challenge HHH given Austin's entire history of challenging authority figures, and WM is in goddamn Texas.

HHH/Rock and Stang/Taker

MOVE OVER YOUNG STARS

(Assuming he wants to wrestle) Austin

He doesn't. He made that quite clear reining back any thoughts of it after people became overjoyed at the Heyman/Brock stuff.

I'm not even gonna say that's a problem, because with his injury history I don't want him attempting anything, especially in light of the Kidd situation.

Sephzilla

He doesn't. He made that quite clear reining back any thoughts of it after people became overjoyed at the Heyman/Brock stuff.

I'm not even gonna say that's a problem, because with his injury history I don't want him attempting anything, especially in light of the Kidd situation.

HHH would be the only person I'd want him to work with honestly. HHH's move set would be extremely friendly to Austin's neck. A pedigree would be the only risky thing.

I just don't want Rock back again. And it pains me to say that because I'm a fan.

Just pair up Rusev with Owens and make a Shiek/Volkoff team with an evil Russian and Canadian.

Also, Owens should call his swanto bomb the Poutine Plunge.

Austin should be the goddamn one to challenge HHH

None of us have any idea how bad of shape he truly is in. He may workout, but he is as frail as Mick Foley. The man slipped in the shower, got a scrubber brush stuck up in his butt, and could barely move any of his limbs as he laid on the shower floor. He ended up having to call 911. It's a true story he shared on his podcast.

Heroman

Banned

No he wouldn't, Rusev would never fight Brock especially at this point at in his career, with or without cena

Gonzalez

Banned
I thought the reason they gave up on him was because they have Neville, and they don't want to push two flippy guys at the same time.

FOOTE

Yeah. I've definitely learned my lesson, although I kinda knew what I was getting myself into. I've always told myself to not get those seats, but there I was last night. In the Forbidden Zone. I had seats in the middle of the lower bowl at Survivor Series and thought those were great. I'll go with them for now on.

Biggest pops? Honestly, I can really go by appearances not particular spots, and I'm simply having a hard time remembering.

Undertaker had a really good reaction.

The crowd was behind Charlotte and I believe there was a "We want Becky" chant.

The New Day is fun to react to. I tried my best spread positivity.

The crowd wanted KO to win. There was a 60 year old Super Duper Cena fan who was a huge loud mouth and REALLY talking some shit on Owens. It was kind of vulgar, and hilarious.

St. Louis loves Orton.

Brock got a really good response. People were not happy at Survivor Series (its still a part of the big 4 to me dammit!) that he wasn't going to be there. So it was cool to see him last night.

Reigns is still getting Royal Rumble heat.... I personally think it's stupid as fuck at this point. Although, I think it might be starting to die down. I think it's time for a NYC crowd to give the dude a good response.

Cell phone lights were out in full for Bray.

Oh, Miz is a really good fucking heel.

That's all I've got.

Austin's ass is on the cover of 2k16. He's gotta wrassle and promote that shit. Rock is a significantly more busy man and still makes time to put on the trunks and rassle. Austin's just a lazy piece of shit and he knows it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. I've definitely learned my lesson, although I kinda knew what I was getting myself into. I've always told myself to not get those seats, but there I was last night. In the Forbidden Zone. I had seats in the middle of the lower bowl at Survivor Series and thought those were great. I'll go with them for now on.

Biggest pops? Honestly, I can really go by appearances not particular spots, and I'm simply having a hard time remembering.

The crowd wanted KO to win. There was a 60 year old Super Duper Cena fan who was a huge loud mouth and REALLY talking some shit on Owens. It was kind of vulgar, and hilarious.

St. Louis loves Orton.

Brock got a really good response. People were not happy at Survivor Series (its still a part of the big 4 to me dammit!) that he wasn't going to be there. So it was cool to see him last night.

Reigns is still getting Royal Rumble heat.... I personally think it's stupid as fuck at this point. Although, I think it might be starting to die down. I think it's time for a NYC crowd to give the dude a good response.

That's all I've got.

Good shit. Glad you had fun. You guys were a pretty great crowd.

RP912

Banned
I'm seriously tired of seeing old ass wrestlers on the cover of WWE games lately. Shits disgusting.

You have a roster of dedicated individuals that's willing to be with one of the Jedi elites, but we back to full circle. It's like if NJPW kept bringing Inoki to every event just to say hi....wtf??

jmdajr

St. Louis loves Orton.

That's all I've got.

That match was very good. Lots of good moves and spots.

Kofi is really finding his heel side. Just the way he comes out clapping is hilarious.

edit: Yeah the crowd came off as excellent at home. The PPV was much better than I anticipated.

Sephzilla

I'm seriously tired of seeing old ass wrestlers on the cover of WWE games lately. Shits disgusting.

You have a roster of dedicated individuals that's willing to be with one of the Jedi elites, but we back to full circle. It's like if NJPW kept bringing Inoki to every event just to say hi....wtf??

I'm honestly surprised they didn't put Roman or even Balor on the cover

Top Bottom