• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How was the G1 last night? I heard it was unimpressive, but that means nothing considering how many more dates there are. Your typical standout matches, and Elgin looked good. They of course would make him look good because it doesn't do anyone any favors to make your dude you're bringing in look like a non-threat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw preview:

WWE invades Kansas City, MO at the Sprint Center for tonight’s episode of Monday Night RAW. Here is what's on tap for tonight's show:

- Will The Undertaker speak about his actions at last night’s WWE Battleground PPV?

- How will Brock Lesnar react to Undertaker's return?

- What’s next for Seth Rollins?

- Adding matches to the SummerSlam card.

- Will Sting appear live on RAW?

The dark match that is being advertised for the live crowd: Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose.

Superstars who are advertised to appear on the show: Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton, The Authority, John Cena, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Kane, Big Show, Bray Wyatt and many more.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at people online giving Cena/KO 5 stars for that match. 90% of it was:

1) Finishing move
2) 2-count
3) Get mad at ref for not counting fast

Repeat ad nauseum. There was absolutely no pace to the match. It was a terribly boring spotfest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL at people online giving Cena/KO 5 stars for that match. 90% of it was:

1) Finishing move
2) 2-count
3) Get mad at ref for not counting fast

Repeat ad nauseum. There was absolutely no pace to the match. It was terribly boring.

I feel the same way. Their first match was the same. Second match I still don't remember.

They had what should have been their last match as their first match. Don't know why they didn't.

So why didn't Undertaker attack Bork at Wrestlemania? When they were both there. Was he just waiting for the exact amount of grrrr revenge to build up? WM he wasn't quite angry enough. He penciled in random Battleground PPV instead?

Did Rollins just run past him with a briefcase before he could go out there at WM? TOO SLOW OLD DEAD MAN.

Its actually a pretty heel move, not like Bork cheated to win, but you ruin the guys title shot because he beat you so you wanted payback.... should have attacked him at Payback!

Ithil

Steph doing it was silly because she is supposed to be a hated heel, but as usual just like Mr. Steph they can't help but get the face pop when its there or when they can do something that gets them credit.

WOMEN WON A WOMAN'S BALL GAME - ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE! THERE IS A WOMAN WHO KICKS PEOPLE'S ASS (including threatening myself, I think I'm supposed to hate her?) BUT ANYWAY ITS AWESOME SO SUDDENLY ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE!

It probably wouldn't be as bad if they didn't have to keep reminding us its all thanks to Steph!! Guys, she invented give divas a chance, no one listened, no one cared about women wrestlers until she said no this isn't right and stood up to the world, and also had like, a 400 day title reign or something, probably?!?!!

I agree how someone said having a McMahon do it made it feel 'important' to the crowd, I just think they're overdoing the ITS ALL THANKS TO HER part of it. Like she trained them or something. :|

Stephanie going on about a women's revolution in tennis because it was in the headlines that week was funny, as though women's tennis hasn't been popular for longer than Stephanie has been alive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Taker shaking his knees to pick up Lesnar for the tombstone was one of the most depressing things I've seen in wrestling recently.

That, and his "oh fuck I'm seriously struggling with this" when he had Brock up for the first one but his head wasn't in place and he needed to move his legs over before he does it.

Legit spooked he was gonna make an ass of himself.

BFIB

Taker shaking his knees to pick up Lesnar for the tombstone was one of the most depressing things I've seen in wrestling recently.

It really was. :(

Have no idea how this match at SummerSlam will be taken seriously by anyone. In no way, shape, or form could Taker take Brock at the pace they've been building Brock up to in the past year.

jmdajr

Wrestlamania Star Bullhorns will be the last we ever see of the Undertaker. Match won't be good but the spectacle will be.

Let's not be too mad about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestlamania Star Bullhorns will be the last we ever see of the Undertaker. Match won't be good but the spectacle will be.

Let's not be too mad about it.

I just hope it's with Kane. That's all I want out of the Handertekker.

jmdajr

11426683_815557388552541_2083465058_n.jpg

RP912

Banned
How was the G1 last night? I heard it was unimpressive, but that means nothing considering how many more dates there are. Your typical standout matches, and Elgin looked good. They of course would make him look good because it doesn't do anyone any favors to make your dude you're bringing in look like a non-threat.

So far it's alright. The opener was dope. Looking at a tag match with Anderson and Nakamura right now.

kiguel182

That, and his "oh fuck I'm seriously struggling with this" when he had Brock up for the first one but his head wasn't in place and he needed to move his legs over before he does it.

Legit spooked he was gonna make an ass of himself.

Me too. I was legit afraid he was going to drop Brock on his head. Specially when he went and did the second one.

Let's add that gif to the Punk skinny fat weakling collection.

First thing that came to my mind was that gif too ahah

Have no idea how this match at SummerSlam will be taken seriously by anyone. In no way, shape, or form could Taker take Brock at the pace they've been building Brock up to in the past year.

It's going to be even funnier if Taker wins it.

What if they throw Rollins in there to make it a Triple Threat? Or would that defeat the whole purpose of having Taker there?

What if they throw Rollins in there to make it a Triple Threat? Or would that defeat the whole purpose of having Taker there?

That would make it obvious they don't trust Taker to have a good non-Mania singles match, even when they already have people buying for his match

In which case, why not just get rid of Taker being in the match entirely? If you wanted a triple threat, have him attack Rollins too

miserable

jghc44g.gif

Not even mad at lol Cena wins (actually kind of glad, best US title run) and marked out for Taker leading to a non finish.
Guess I am part of the problem.

The Cena/Owens trilogy was odd, like they intentionally went with the same "blockbuster" match each time and every successive encounter was a bit more amped up than the last, it's like there is a story there among the matches that built upon the framework of the last one but by starting off with the finisher fest there really wasn't anywhere much else to build to.

BFIB

Not even mad at lol Cena wins (actually kind of glad, best US title run) and marked out for Taker leading to a non finish.
Guess I am part of the problem.

The Cena/Owens trilogy was odd, like they intentionally went with the same "blockbuster" match each time and every successive encounter was a bit more amped up than the last, it's like there is a story there among the matches that built upon the framework of the last one but by starting off with the finisher fest there really wasn't anywhere much else to build to.

Agreed. In the first match alone, there were 5 moves that should have ended the match. The false finishes from the pop up powerbomb and the AA were bad enough, but when you have that top rope suplex by Owens, that should have been it. Because that move is way, way, more damaging than the pop up powerbomb.

The second rope stunner is an example of this too. So you mean the move that defeated pretty much everyone in the business is now a spot fest move? Bad enough they do this w/ the DDT, don't do that to the stunner too. Even though that move needs to go away. Its going to end up hurting someone big time.

Heel

Conrad Thompson ‏@HeyHeyItsConrad
This week on @WOOOOONation @RicFlairNatrBoy welcomes @TheJimCornette to talk about the good ole days. And Jim Herd.

CKUd-dtUEAAmel9.jpg

This is my everything. Shaking like a coonhound trying to shit peach pits.

I love the Undertaker but I still laughed at the crowd chanting "one more time!" for another Tombstone and he's like ....*kneel pose*

Needed a rest guys come on.

I'm still happy for my Sting vs Undertaker match, I don't even care, just do it! :D

UT getting revenge on Bork for such a 'big' moment is cool, but doing it randomly now after so much time AND after he's been back seen on TV since is really odd.

jmdajr

I love the Undertaker but I still laughed at the crowd chanting "one more time!" for another Tombstone and he's like ....*kneel pose*

I'm still happy for my Sting vs Undertaker match, I don't even care, just do it! :D

UT getting revenge on Bork for such a 'big' moment is cool, but doing it randomly now after so much time AND after he's been back seen on TV since is really odd.

At least Sting weighs less.

Heel

What was the difference between the first Cena/Owens encounter and this most recent one, though? The ISEC and WrassleGAF blew their collective loads for the first match, which was also nothing more than a spot fest. What changed?

Oh, Cena won this time. Carry on, brehs.

TraBuch

Banned
Why did Lesnar look so scared when Undertaker showed up? He should've laughed and pointed in his face, and then if he gets choke slammed and tombstoned, it'd be due to his cockiness.

jmdajr

What was the difference between the first Cena/Owens encounter and this most recent one, though? The ISEC and WrassleGAF blew their collective loads for the first match, which was also nothing more than a spot fest. What changed?

Oh, Cena won this time. Carry on, brehs.

First bouts are usually always the classic ones. Shawn Taker 2 certainly wasn't as good.

All you can do is raise the stakes to make it different.

edit: I'm gonna say Austin Rock II was better though!

Hex

Banned

Tag match, Taker and Kane vs Rollins and Brock

That might have really been the thought process for Undertaker lol.

"Daddy's tired, let me rest..."

Hex

Banned

It is five weeks out and they have nothing for Summer Slam which is supposed to be the #2 PPV of the year.
It makes no sense on one hand, but they HAD to pull something to get people to watch

jmdajr

Unrelated

A few days ago, WWE Diva Lana posted a selfie on Instagram which features The Ravishing Russian wearing no make up. This lead to many WWE fans criticizing Lana and calling her ugly, to which Lana posted a video response.

That's not cool man.

Still can't get over that the mysterious... pseudo wizard... bad ass... immortal... legendary Undahtaka kicked a man in the dick

Unrelated

A few days ago, WWE Diva Lana posted a selfie on Instagram which features The Ravishing Russian wearing no make up. This lead to many WWE fans criticizing Lana and calling her ugly, to which Lana posted a video response.

That's not cool man.

Fucking neck beards, man.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
i'm okay with adding her to the "partially successful" list, but it's a stretch... The divas division is a mess

There's no partially to it. She's 22 years old, a two time champion and the only diva on the roster who's over with every single crowd. The entire fucking division, as bad as it might be, revolves around Paige and who she's feuding with. I don't know how you guys are defining success if Paige doesn't qualify.

Hex

Banned
Unrelated

That's not cool man.

She looked damned good

acrid

Banned
Still can't get over that the mysterious... pseudo wizard... bad ass... immortal... legendary Undahtaka kicked a man in the dick

Fucking neck beards, man.
Word is Brock was able to recover one of his testicles. Rumor is someone in the second row caught the other and will be listing it on ebay.

Branson

Unrelated

That's not cool man.
Kind of reminds me of this community whenever someone is balding or not in perfect shape.

Top Bottom