• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
Finally finished the G1. It was ok, not a strong start...but it had it's moments. Tanahashi/Ibushi, AJ/Bata, and the opening match were good matches. Everything else was hit and miss.

To be fair...TNA would probably have Taker in a Scream mask while the Authority stand in the ring looking shook.

pgzbE9r.png

Heel

To quote The Undertaker himself, per Kevin Nash: "Motherfucker, not everything is about you."

This isn't about everyone suffering through Monday Night RAW every week, commenting about how bad "the product" has become. They've already got you.

This is about all the lapsed fans out there, absolutely buzzing at the water cooler about Mark Calaway. That fan doesn't give a g*d dang about his in-ring ability, and that's a straight-up shoot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My ignore list is pure WrassleGaf....

bean breath
dr3upmushroom
dream
Heel
Perspicacity
Plywood
scabro
Spider from Mars
Vince McMahon
Vylash

Never used it before lately, but it makes browsing the thread much better.

Also, that extension that completely removes posts from people from your ignore list is boss.

lol, posting their ignore list

probably doesn't even actually ignore them, just like he pretends to leave again and again

After all he found this thread ok. I see you...and I know you see me

I dont get how anyone can dislike scabro or heel. Those two are community treasures.

Heel would be better if he wasn't a gimmick now, or at least admitted when he was wrong.

Dude spent last week swearing Taker wouldn't show and that I and everyone else saying that was the plan were full of shit, and now that it happened he's saying it was the smartest thing to do to get Network subs.

Devil's advocate here, but my 11-year-old son flipped his shit when the gong first rang, and he was glued to the screen for the rest of the show in a way that he wasn't for the previous 2.95 hours.

But he then insisted that Biker Taker would have been better, but only if they used "Rollin'" as his theme, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To quote The Undertaker himself, per Kevin Nash: "Motherfucker, not everything is about you."

This isn't about everyone suffering through Monday Night RAW every week, commenting about how bad "the product" has become. They've already got you.

This is about all the lapsed fans out there, absolutely buzzing at the water cooler about Mark Calaway. That fan doesn't give a g*d dang about his in-ring ability, and that's a straight-up shoot.

Undertaker has that broad casual appeal. He got mentions from CBS sports, Fox sports, and the Sporting News websites.

Sephzilla

What??

Nothing But Trouble was amazing. Dan Aykroyd and John Candy (RIP) stole the show.

it's an irredeemable boring movie that has nothing good or funny about it and the plot is an absolute mess. i'm pretty forgiving about movies but nothing but trouble legitimately made me regret my life for two hours. after my friends and i finished watching that movie i took the dvd out of the player, walked outside, and threw it into the woods.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Devil's advocate here, but my 11-year-old son flipped his shit when the gong first rang, and he was glued to the screen for the rest of the show in a way that he wasn't for the previous 2.95 hours.

But he then insisted that Biker Taker would have been better, but only if they used "Rollin'" as his theme, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So he's...completely right

You raised a good one, pal

Also Nothing but Trouble is a great yet terrible movie

kiguel182

Two of the five best performers in the company having a 1 on 1 match? Let's just have Brock suplex him 10 times and bring out Taker!

The suplex city shit is so overdone.

Yup. It's overdone at this point. They made the champ look as strong as Kofi Kingston.

Awful match.

RP912

Banned

Your son got good taste. This would have been more effective than coming out like a retired wrestler at a territory convention.

your kid must have a good memory

Unpopular opinion: I didn't hate Biker Taker. It was a good change of pace, him cutting promos wasn't terrible, and the HHH Mania feud as Biker Taker was more interesting than most of his regular Mania feuds, especially in the modern era.

RP912

Banned
it's an irredeemable boring movie that has nothing good or funny about it and the plot is an absolute mess. i'm pretty forgiving about movies but nothing but trouble legitimately made me regret my life for two hours. after my friends and i finished watching that movie i took the dvd out of the player, walked outside, and threw it into the woods.

It had it's moments, but overall the movie was fun. Who could forget the hot dog scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apjvf9YNzEM

MG310

Fuck it, might as well have Wyatt and Harper working for Taker at this point with those 3 taking down Brock and eventually forcing the Shield to reunite against them.

Sephzilla

Biker Taker was a fantastic change of pace for the character. It was also necessary, because Taker was basically an end boss before that and needed a bit of a reset. That said I think the biker gimmick had worn out its welcome a few years later so they switched him back to Deadman Taker at the right time.

Heel

Heel would be better if he wasn't a gimmick now, or at least admitted when he was wrong.

Dude spent last week swearing Taker wouldn't show and that I and everyone else saying that was the plan were full of shit, and now that it happened he's saying it was the smartest thing to do to get Network subs.

Are you trying to work me into a shoot, Sweeney Tom? You know darn well that isn't true.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
OG Taker/Greytaker were terrible to watch in the ring though. Just terrible.

jmdajr

This should have been the end.

Wrestlemania-XXVIII-28-The-Undertaker-Triple-H-and-Shawn-Michaels.jpg

But I get it though. Everyone want's a proper send off and it's been delayed long enough.

Getting old sucks. Just five years ago Taker was still doing good work.

He deserves his moment. Most of everyone's favs probbaly won't even be in 5 Wrestlemania's let alone 20.

Sephzilla

Grey Taker's matches in hindsight are really boring but goddamn he was an awesome character. The slower pace he moved at, the zombie-like sit up after every move, no selling basic punches and kicks. It really sold the idea that nothing could stop him - he was like a Terminator 1 era T-800.

My favorite Taker is Purple Taker though. The transition from being a glorified Terminator to a straight up demon was pretty cool. And Purple Taker was the era where people started to realize he could put on really good matches.

I can't tell for sure due to the lighting on the last letter, but does Undertaker have "BSR" tattooed on his stomach? As in "Broken Skull Ranch"? I love seeing the boys support each other.

Am I glad my sub ran out last night before the PPV. I have no compunction to re-up after skipping through that absolute garbage.

Sadly NJPW is rejecting my CC :(

I thought you could also use PayPal.

My bank puts an international transaction charge, but it accepted it.

I can't tell for sure due to the lighting on the last letter, but does Undertaker have "BSR" tattooed on his stomach? As in "Broken Skull Ranch"? I love seeing the boys support each other.

I thought it said BSM.

Black Snake Moan...

Yeah, I could probably just google what it actually is.

Edit: It's a K.

Konnan said El Patron had a personal thing leading to him noshowing. The TX promoter worked with a Mexican promoter who tried to contact EP, and when Alberto didn't answer the Mexican promoter started saying nobody knew where he was and he was assumed missing. We'll probably never know what the personal thing was, because everybody who knows what it was thinks it's either horrible or embarrassing enough that they won't even snitch for podcast listens or page views, which I guess for a carny business is good in terms of respect, albeit rare.

This should have been the end.

Wrestlemania-XXVIII-28-The-Undertaker-Triple-H-and-Shawn-Michaels.jpg

But I get it though. Everyone want's a proper send off and it's been delayed long enough.

Getting old sucks. Just five years ago Taker was still doing good work.

He deserves his moment. Most of everyone's favs probbaly won't even be in 5 Wrestlemania's let alone 20.

Fucker had his moment. He's had several moments.

Top Bottom