• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

Undertaker is probably #1 on the "List of people who Vince will do whatever it takes to keep strong", with Cena a close second.

I actually think Cena is #1 on this list and, while Taker is #2, there's a mile between he and Taker. Vince at least waited a year before feeding someone to Taker in order to get him looking decent again after a loss to Lesnar. Vince couldn't even wait a few weeks before feeding someone to Cena after Lesnar slaughtered him.

Funny enough both were fed Bray

Menome

pgzbE9r.png

Some of you guys are so quick to show legends the door. How about a little respect!

FU Cena!!!

Flair is God.
Sting is God.
Hogan is God.

RVD VS. Jerry Lynn 1997-1999 Some of the greatest matches ever!

Arn Anderson= Most under-appreciated wrestler of all time.

NWO>DX even at its worst!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buff Bagwell was so good!!
Steiner/Bagwell > Rick and Scott.

Whoooooooooooooo

RP912

Banned
I never understood the DX appeal....

It was a bunch of dudes in their early 30s to 40s chopping at each others crotches and saying dick jokes. At least the NWO were adults about their stance in WCW.

I love that Cena has to lay in bed on nights like last night, look at the ceiling, and wonder why? Then he thinks how he can cheap pop the next nights crowd.

I love how Vince ignores the heat he gets.

I come back to the thread after one of the best weekends of my life and see someone praising Jerry Lynn.

Y'all truly ain't shit, each and every one of you.

Sephzilla

Early nWo was way better than early DX and it's not even a competition. But the nWo became shit after they recruited half the roster, and then all the Wolfpac shit started. DX actually got better once HBK left and WWE actually ended the group at the right time, whereas the nWo went on for too damn long.

How on earth are people surprised by this? Like, I know it was 6 months ago, but people really didn't already forget them bringing out the Rock to get booed for giving him a rub, right?

And they obviously value Sting less than the Rock. He couldn't even beat HHH with help and a weapon, and then he shook the damn man's hand after that clowning.

That match was fun as fuck. It mattered zilcho to either guy who won or lost it.

The thing is, Reigns has been steadily improving since Wrestlemania, as the decision to have him lose seems to have taken the pressure off him and allowed him to grow naturally. Just compare that very good match he had with Barrett a few months ago against the work he was doing pre-WM. Reigns losing at WM31 and winning at WM32, perhaps in a triple threat match against Rollins and Ambrose?, would be a good capstone to that story.

Ithil

My ignore list is pure WrassleGaf....

bean breath
dr3upmushroom
dream
Heel
Perspicacity
Plywood
scabro
Spider from Mars
Vince McMahon
Vylash

Never used it before lately, but it makes browsing the thread much better.

Also, that extension that completely removes posts from people from your ignore list is boss.

Woo, I'm not on the Kaladin exile list.

OctoMan

Banned
Early nWo was way better than early DX and it's not even a competition. But the nWo became shit after they recruited half the roster, and then all the Wolfpac shit started. DX actually got better once HBK left and WWE actually ended the group at the right time, whereas the nWo went on for too damn long.
Nah 1st iteration DX with hbk leading was the best iteration

I went back to see if Taker's look changed from WM to Battleground and found this.

9096f4910ddc67b8f9d4a129063dfb19.jpg

Man's got a knee brace on. Vince just let him be. I'm not interested in seeing anymore unless he leads a faction and just is the frontman. He's tired, man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DX has never been good. The idea of even comparing it to something as important as the NWO was to the monday night wars is some HHH level propaganda.

klonere

Banned
Your bank/CC company is doing the rejecting.

Call your bank.

goddamnit I was hoping I wouldn't have that issue.

Stupid Irish banks!

That match was fun as fuck. It mattered zilcho to either guy who won or lost it.

The thing is, Reigns has been steadily improving since Wrestlemania, as the decision to have him lose seems to have taken the pressure off him and allowed him to grow naturally. Just compare that very good match he had with Barrett a few months ago against the work he was doing pre-WM. Reigns losing at WM31 and winning at WM32, perhaps in a triple threat match against Rollins and Ambrose?, would be a good capstone to that story.

lmao if you think Rollins and Ambrose are going to main eventing a big show. Rollins was literally a crash test dummy tonight and made to look like a complete afterthought. I'm sure he's going out tonight and cutting the same promo he has since WM Just fucking fantastic.

Ambrose is going to be Reigns buddy that occasionally gets to feud with some other goober jobber.

Sephzilla

1st iteration DX felt like an nWo knockoff to me which is why I never cared for them as much. After they basically became HHH's stormtroopers and kind of turned into something different I found them way more entertaining.

This was probably already discussed in one of the many wrestling threads but when did the nwo drop off happen for you guys?

Buff being added?
Brutus Beefcake aka the Disciple?
The Giant?

So according to Meltzer, they decided to have Cena go over Owens twice in a row as a kneejerk reaction to his merch sales dropping after their first match.

This was probably already discussed in one of the many wrestling threads but when did the nwo drop off happen for you guys?

Buff being added?
The Giant?

October 1996: Vincent and Marcus Bagwell join the NWO.

November 1996: The Nasty Boys join the NWO (but they're quickly kicked out).

December 1996: Hogan vs. Piper at Starrcade.

January 1997: VK Wallstreet, Scott Norton, Big Bubba, and Masahiro Chono join the NWO.

January 1997: Souled Out tanks.

So, that four month stretch.

klonere

Banned
Raise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BP1_1DpeBE

Also, I am tired of Brock's offense being ONLY Germans. It's so boring, and he can actually wrestle!

Imagine all the varied offense he'll be able to employ against the Undertaker!!!!

J7vHU.png

So according to Meltzer, they decided to have Cena go over Owens twice in a row as a kneejerk reaction to his merch sales dropping after their first match.

I find this really hard to believe but also easy to believe

Sephzilla

Buff being added?
The Giant?

I want to say "everyone after The Giant" but I think Bischoff joining is where the drop off really got out of control. Sting not being the one to kill the nWo is where the whole thing bottomed out.

god forbid people buying other's merchandise instead of Cena's 5000th shirt of the month

That's the thing, Cena hasn't released a new shirt in a while (for him anyways) and the reason why his merch sales are down is probably because everyone who buys his shit has already bought the current line.

I think it stands to reason that Kevin Owens fans are the type to buy shirts with multiple "Xs" in their size, and if you think about it, that means more fabric needed and a higher cost of production. Meanwhile Cena has fit families buying his shirts therefore yielding a higher return.

Cagey

Banned
I think it stands to reason that Kevin Owens fans are the type to buy shirts with multiple "Xs" in their size, and if you think about it, that means more fabric needed and a higher cost of production. Meanwhile Cena has fit families buying his shirts therefore yielding a higher return.

R3iMkIV.gif

klonere

Banned
I thought Owens was great last night, what with his calling out Cole (IS THIS HIS NEXT BIG FEUD AND COLE'S RETURN TO THE RING??!!?!?!), all the crowd interaction, his frustration after kick outs, telling the ref to admit that "it was pretty good though, right" after a move.

But whatever
emot-qq.gif

Top Bottom