• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Innocent until proven guilty in WrassleGAF court, brother. It's on Sweeney Tom to produce a shred of evidence.

Bronson, bang the friggin' gavel.

Bronson ain't here, pal

Looks like you have an Interim Judge in WrassleGAF Court

Kaladin, your time is now

Konnan said El Patron had a personal thing leading to him noshowing. The TX promoter worked with a Mexican promoter who tried to contact EP, and when Alberto didn't answer the Mexican promoter started saying nobody knew where he was and he was assumed missing. We'll probably never know what the personal thing was, because everybody who knows what it was thinks it's either horrible or embarrassing enough that they won't even snitch for podcast listens or page views, which I guess for a carny business is good in terms of respect, albeit rare.

Yeah. I'm kind of shocked that it didn't leak.

That must mean it's serious.

jmdajr

Konnan said El Patron had a personal thing leading to him noshowing. The TX promoter worked with a Mexican promoter who tried to contact EP, and when Alberto didn't answer the Mexican promoter started saying nobody knew where he was and he was assumed missing. We'll probably never know what the personal thing was, because everybody who knows what it was thinks it's either horrible or embarrassing enough that they won't even snitch for podcast listens or page views, which I guess for a carny business is good in terms of respect, albeit rare.

Did he give the money back?

Taker's transition from Purple Taker to Lord of Darkness/early Attitude era Taker was his weirdest look

3333556543_a1f97aa08a.jpg

Red tinge in his hair, prison teardrop tattoo, and weird forehead make-up to emote for him or something.

Sephzilla

This should have been the end.

It really is where it should have ended. The Streak ends unbroken with Taker surviving 4 years of the D-Generation X gauntlet, and putting an epilogue into the Attitude Era.

But then they decided it would be good to get Taker up to a nice anniversary WrestleMania with 30. And then they decided to have The Streak die. And then nobody responded to that moment like how Vince wanted so they decided he needed to get Taker to Texas for a hometown sendoff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friends, is it possible for me to make my own diet soda slushees?

All I ever see at gas stations are those terrible sugar-laden ones, and I need my aspartame high. Nobody's making a ginger ale slushee. I want this to happen.

jmdajr

It really is where it should have ended. The Streak ends unbroken with Taker surviving 4 years of the D-Generation X gauntlet, and putting an epilogue into the Attitude Era.

But then they decided it would be good to get Taker up to a nice anniversary WrestleMania with 30. And then they decided to have The Streak die. And then nobody responded to that moment like how Vince wanted so they decided he needed to get Taker to Texas for a hometown sendoff.

And next thing you know it's five years later. And age has caught up.

It sucks because we have to see Taker suffer just to see the greatest funeral is sports entertainment history.

Innocent until proven guilty in WrassleGAF court, brother. It's on Sweeney Tom to produce a shred of evidence.

Bronson, bang the friggin' gavel.

My bad, just checked and I guess I just automatically assumed your whole Piper shtick thing extended into the Taker news development. Sorry friend, won't happen again.

Taker's transition from Purple Taker to Lord of Darkness/early Attitude era Taker was his weirdest look

3333556543_a1f97aa08a.jpg

Red tinge in his hair, prison teardrop tattoo, and weird forehead make-up to emote for him or something.

The fuck's with his eyebrows

Did he give the money back?

Konnan didn't mention it, but I assume he has or will

jmdajr

All I ever see at gas stations are those terrible sugar-laden ones, and I need my aspartame high. Nobody's making a ginger ale slushee. I want this to happen.

I guess you can. The have diet Ginger Ale so.....

Sephzilla

And next thing you know it's five years later. And age has caught up.

It sucks because we have to see Taker suffer just to see the greatest funeral is sports entertainment history.

Age caught up to him a bit but I still think the concussion he got at WM30 screwed up peoples perception of Taker and his age. His match the year before with Punk was great and his WM31 match with Bray was probably as good as it could have been.

dream

lol, posting their ignore list

probably doesn't even actually ignore them, just like he pretends to leave again and again

After all he found this thread ok. I see you...and I know you see me
I can't get over the brilliance of this. Because we all know Kaladin didn't really ignore Sunflower, but he's now in a position where he has to pretend he didn't see this, forcing him to sit there getting angrier and angrier.

Heel

My bad, just checked and I guess I just automatically assumed your whole Piper shtick thing extended into the Taker news development. Sorry friend, won't happen again.

I respect a man who can admit he's wrong, just as you should respect me for freely admitting that I once liked Bray Wyatt. That was completely wrong.

I'm glad we squared this up, Tom. You're alright by me.

Velcro Fly

Undertaker has seriously never done it for me. As a young kid discovering death/dying for the first time, his character scared the absolute hell out of me. By the time I was old enough to not be afraid anymore, I was already sick of the Undertaker. I have to be the only person who grew up watching WWF/E that couldn't give a fuck less about the Undertaker.

The only serious hype match/storyline of his I liked was beating the fake Undertaker that one time.

jmdajr

Age caught up to him a bit but I still think the concussion he got at WM30 screwed up peoples perception of Taker and his age. His match the year before with Punk was great and his WM31 match with Bray was probably as good as it could have been.

No doubt that didn't help.

I'm fine with old man Taker doing his thing, but not when he's hogging Brock's time. I'm still down for a match with Sting at this year's Mania.

Undertaker was on a time limit as soon as the Batista feud ended.

That feud was good, but goddamn. Whoever thought he should have done that leap was stupid. That wrecked his body more than anything else in the last decade.

Only things I can think to compare it to is Shawn fucking up his back on that casket, and Samoa Joe taking that steps bump. They were never the same after that.

if taker's 'mystique' is gone, then they should just have his retirement match be against kane, they both beat the crap out of each other to a double KO, the druids come out and take away both bodies and no one sees either ever again~

Like which one's?

What farewell moment can you think of?

You think 30 counts as one?

1. WrestleMania 30 - you got destroyed; retire with dignity
2. WrestleMania 31 - you got destroyed, but you came back to punish someone impudent enough to call you back; retire with slightly less dignity
3. WrestleMania 28 - WWE keeps selling it as THE END OF AN ERA; retire while on top
4. WrestleMania 27 - No Holds Barred, you beat Triple H; retire while on top

But promoters love trotting out their old favorites who might make them short term money, hitting that button again and again until it stops making money for them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;172493774 said:
if taker's 'mystique' is gone, then they should just have his retirement match be against kane, they both beat the crap out of each other to a double KO, the druids come out and take away both bodies and no one sees either ever again~

I think the worst part of this is that Brock's mystique exited stage left. This only hurt him.

A guy who is capable of matches that could charitably described as "as good as it could have been" is a hell of a barometer for a guy you're pairing with your company's biggest asset and most legitimate star.

Just drink seltzer, friend.

It is funny that there was so much bitching about why Lesnar got to break The Streak, and it seemed to have worked out for him. Now, we're complaining about why broken down, old, and weak Undertaker gets to break Lesnar's mystique. Tables turn quickly.

Do you think Summerslam match will end in shenanigans leading to an official retirement match?

I'm willing to make an avatar bet that Taker wins any potential SummerSlam singles match against Lesnar AND the rematch. I'm doubly certain if the rematch takes place at WrestleMania 32.

So much for the God King Brock Lesnar.

Sephzilla

A guy who is capable of matches that could charitably described as "as good as it could have been" is a hell of a barometer for a guy you're pairing with your company's biggest asset and most legitimate star.

I like Bray a lot but I don't think he's a very good actual wrestler. Even Taker can only carry sup-par wrestlers so far (case in point: look at a lot of Taker's early Mania matches).

Just drink seltzer, friend.

It is funny that there was so much bitching about why Lesnar got to break The Streak, and it seemed to have worked out for him. Now, we're complaining about why broken down, old, and weak Undertaker gets to break Lesnar's mystique. Tables turn quickly.

The problem is people thought if you have the streak end, it's to either make a guy, or make the guy who beats the guy. Having the streak end, then having him finally lose to the holder of the streak in the first place, is pretty much the last thing anybody could have wanted from that, definitely the worst thing anybody could have wanted from that, and with the downside of having took a year and a half of nothing in between.

Sephzilla

i know 50 aint exactly young, but what in the hell made him age so quickly? He looks legit 80

Father Time caught up. The same thing kind of happened to Hogan. From the 90s until the late 00s the dude looked like he was perpetually in his 40s. Then suddenly he turned into a 70 year old.

I think the worst part of this is that Brock's mystique exited stage left. This only hurt him.

I dunno brock feels kind of...stale? Do I feel too hard to please as a fan if I say that? He's kind of been in the same role forever now and not that he shouldn't be but I dunno, I guess he worked better in an era when there were two championship belts so you didn't know who he'd try to mix it up with.

Sephzilla

Brock's mystique has definitely faded away. It's not irreparable but he needs a shot in the arm, fast. He needs to have one or two matches where he straight up destroy's his opponent a la the Cena match last year - and it has to be against a legit main event player, not Kofi

What if we are looking at this all wrong? What if Undertaker actually absorbed Seth and now has all his power? Can't wait for Taker to beat Brock with a phoenix splash.

Top Bottom