• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

scabro

TN15Stc.gif

dude actually has a great voice. im legit impressed

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2002 Hogan doing the right thing like usual. Putting over stars while not being bitchmade. Drawing all the ratings.

The hero we deserve. If only there was some sort of subscription service where I could watch all of his run again.

RP912

Banned
That's my #3 Taker WrestleMania entrance.

1- vs Punk
2- HBK #1
3- Return of the Deadman

The WrestleMania 25 entrance works because it has the whole "HBK coming from heaven / Taker coming from hell" thing going on.

One of my favorites as well because of the shadowy hands. I never cared for the 25 entrance, it just felt like overkill to me.

Fox318

Look at the ratings for 1995 WWF and there is nothing odd at all about them trying to get one of the most popular American athletes of the last decade in their show.

If anything, LT did their struggle ass Hartford Civic Center company a real solid.

Vince was desperate as fuck and he thought LT was going to be the Mr. T

Sephzilla

One of my favorites as well because of the shadowy hands. I never cared for the 25 entrance, it just felt like overkill to me.

IIRC the WM25 entrance is actually fairly tame. He just rises up from the stage and does his normal entrance?

2002 Hogan doing the right thing like usual. Putting over stars while not being bitchmade. Drawing all the ratings.

The hero we deserve. If only there was some sort of subscription service where I could watch all of his run again.

Real talk - Hogan's last WWE run was way better than it had any right being

RP912

Banned

He even helped Edge from being in limbo with the tag team run. Hulk was doing miracles around that time.....until he wrestled HBK :/.

Sephzilla

Also yeah, if they want to break 100k they can't have another one of those stupidly huge stages that basically take away a sixth of their potential seating.

Fox318

U5hSOhh.gif

There's no way they hit 100k without pulling some massive rabbits out of their hats

He may be the one man but they wouldn't let Austin be Austin today.

He ain't flipping fuckers off and drinking beers in this Mattel PG corporate buzzword ass product.

Whoever was discussing British wrestling, Havoc is proof that if Jimmy Jacobs was English he'd be the biggest star here by a mile. Havoc is a shit Jacobs, i'm sorry. Jimmy was the man.

Anyway, as far as 'Mania 32 goes with big matches i'd be happy with...

Undertaker v Cena - Retirement match. It has to happen, and Cena would look after him and will deliver.

Rollins v Reigns v Ambrose - Self explanatory, they'd kill it.

Zayn v Owens - Zayn is eliminating him from the Rumble when he returns from injury, get over it.

Lesnar v Sheamus - Purely because they'll beat the shit out of each other.

Bray Wyatt can fuck off as far away as possible until he understands why you need to evolve you character and not be boring as fuck.

Also, Tyler Breeze will leave WWE Champion.

Heel

They could probably hit 100k if they get carny with it and price the nosebleeds for middle America. $10 and a free Mania koozie.

RP912

Banned
He may be the one man but they wouldn't let Austin be Austin today.

He ain't flipping fuckers off and drinking beers in this Mattel PG corporate buzzword ass product.

If Bork talk shit about Austin's dog, you can kiss that PG shit goodbye.

Kaladin

Let's be real for a minute....sometimes I can't tell if Donald Trump is shooting, or working us into a shoot, but he cuts a good promo.

Cagey

Banned
They could probably hit 100k if they get carny with it and price the nosebleeds for middle America. $10 and a free Mania koozie.

Those nosebleeds have a primo sightline for the Texas-sized high definition screens that are Jerrah World's calling card. You will pay your $64.95 + Ticketmaster fees and $25 parking and like it, friend.

Sephzilla

Whoever was discussing British wrestling, Havoc is proof that if Jimmy Jacobs was English he'd be the biggest star here by a mile. Havoc is a shit Jacobs, i'm sorry. Jimmy was the man.

Anyway, as far as 'Mania 32 goes with big matches i'd be happy with...

Undertaker v Cena - Retirement match. It has to happen, and Cena would look after him and will deliver.

Rollins v Reigns v Ambrose - Self explanatory, they'd kill it.

Zayn v Owens - Zayn is eliminating him from the Rumble when he returns from injury, get over it.

Lesnar v Sheamus - Purely because they'll beat the shit out of each other.

Bray Wyatt can fuck off as far away as possible until he understands why you need to evolve you character and not be boring as fuck.

Also, Tyler Breeze will leave WWE Champion.

Why should he when the face of the company hasn't changed his character at all in the last decade?

Sephzilla

Cena can have good matches, but desperately needs to change it up too. No argument here, just Cena can actually do good things. Wyatt is boring as FUCK.

They're polar opposites for me, honestly. Bray is entertaining to me in a lot of ways until he gets into the ring, which is is weakspot IMO. Cena meanwhile is boring as fuck in ever single way until he steps into the ring
with another good wrestler

They're polar opposites for me, honestly. Bray is entertaining to me in a lot of ways until he gets into the ring, which is is weakspot IMO. Cena meanwhile is boring as fuck in ever single way until he steps into the ring
with another good wrestler

This is what confuses me though, Wyatt isn't even remotely entertaining. He WAS, when he debuted. Then the exact same promo got boring after two months, and his feud with Cena was dreadful. The match at WM30 was one of the cringeworthy things I have ever seen in my life, embarrassingly bad. He's still crap in the ring, Harper outshines him in every single way, why Harper isn't in his position I will never know.

Cena, eh, he's boring, you know what he's going to say but at least he cares so deeply and works his ass off. Average wrestler but fantastic teller of story and psychology is brilliant, he can really have entertaining matches with just about anyone. This US Open Challenge is just proof of that. Neville, Stardust, Owens, Zayn, Ambrose, hardly one 'type' of wrestler but he's had memorable bouts with all and the US Title actually has some meaning now.

Sephzilla

This is what confuses me though, Wyatt isn't even remotely entertaining. He WAS, when he debuted. Then the exact same promo got boring after two months, and his feud with Cena was dreadful. The match at WM30 was one of the cringeworthy things I have ever seen in my life, embarrassingly bad. He's still crap in the ring, Harper outshines him in every single way, why Harper isn't in his position I will never know.

Cena, eh, he's boring, you know what he's going to say but at least he cares so deeply and works his ass off. Average wrestler but fantastic teller of story and psychology is brilliant, he can really have entertaining matches with just about anyone. This US Open Challenge is just proof of that. Neville, Stardust, Owens, Zayn, Ambrose, hardly one 'type' of wrestler but he's had memorable bouts with all and the US Title actually has some meaning now.

Did you not see Rock/Cena 2? That was cringeworthy bad.

Bray vs Cena wasn't that fantastic but it's nowhere near the bottom of the barrel especially when Big Show and Kane are still putting on matches

in 2015.

Bowser

Reading this post alone has me entertained.

I would love to see Cesaro and Titus fight.

I would rather see Brock fight Cena for the belt and have Undertaker fight HHH again after that classic match up in Miami. That would make better sense for a retirement storyline as we know HHH is not going anywhere.

Ugh fucking kill me. We don't need to see either of those matches ever again, thanks. We absolutely don't need a 4th Taker/HHH Mania match.

Fantasy booked card for me:

Reigns vs. Rollins vs. Ambrose - Shield Triple Threat for the WWE Title
Lesnar vs. Austin - hey, a guy can dream, right?
Rock/Rousey vs. Triple H/Steph - if not this, I'm sure it'll be Rock vs. HHH
Taker vs. Sting - just do it. Fill it with theatrics and keep it to a 10 min match.
Finn Balor vs. Cesaro - because you've gotta have at least one wrestling clinic on the big show and Balor should be main roster by this point
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Bailey - Fatal Four Way for Divas title

I honestly don't know what to do with Cena, Sheamus, Orton, et al. I'm inclined to think Cena should carry that US Title to Mania next year and drop it to someone. Hell, maybe do a US Title match with Balor and have Balor knock off Cena and end his 1-year US reign?

RP912

Banned
Wyatt is an example of being a good idea in a badly run promotion. He's a average wrestler that sticks to his gimmick. Dude can cut a promo and make a storyline magical, yet the WWE don't know what to do with him. Bray would have been glorious in WCW because of those facts.

Did you not see Rock/Cena 2? That was cringeworthy bad.

Bray vs Cena wasn't that fantastic but it's nowhere near the bottom of the barrel especially when Big Show and Kane are still putting on matches

in 2015.

Lol, you're right, and i'm not a fan of them! Just saying about the WM30 match as we were discussing them! Cena debating with the chair was horrific. And Rock/Cena 1/2 were both bad to be honest, past the moment I didn't really care!

Reading this post alone has me entertained.

I would love to see Cesaro and Titus fight.

I would rather see Brock fight Cena for the belt and have Undertaker fight HHH again after that classic match up in Miami. That would make better sense for a retirement storyline as we know HHH is not going anywhere.

It's sweet you're entertained by this, because i'm laughing my ass off at you wanting to see Cesaro waste time with Titus. I like Titus, but he's a tag team wrestler and that's it. He can't go 15 minutes, nevermind with Cesaro. He's a glorified hot tag man and that's all. Damn good at it though.

And please, Cena/Lesnar has been done and it won't be as good as the Extreme Rules match so lets let it go. Please, never again. Owens v Lesnar more like. And Undertaker/HHH? For the FOURTH time at WrestleMania? Dude, seriously, are you mentally insane or a fan of torture? Please, no! NOOOOOOOO!

Wyatt is an example of being a good idea in a badly run promotion. He's a average wrestler that sticks to his gimmick. Dude can cut a promo and make a storyline magical, yet the WWE don't know what to do with him. Bray would have been glorious in WCW because of those facts.

Yeah, you're right. WCW were great at executing great ideas! They definitely didn't fuck the NWO up!

jmdajr

I think Cena could carry a decent match against Taker. Always wanted to see it.

I mean we have...long time ago!

Cena came into the wrong yard.

Top Bottom