• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ithil

You build people up so there's more than one fucking guy, it's not that complicated

My thought is, if your company can be fucked by one specific person being run over by a bus, you have a problem.
Cena could be hit by a car tomorrow, break both his legs and his hips and be gone for 18 months, and they would absolutely fucked.

Brock's too expensive to be there full time, Undertaker, HHH, Sting, etc are too old (I mean as wrestlers here), Bryan is out, maybe done, and they have no one else who could replace Cena. By their own design in many cases.

jmdajr

Does he have some sort of ailment? He looks like he lost a quite a bit of weight.

Looking older happens when you lose weight. I lost ten pounds and I feel more wrinkly.

I just hope he wants to be at a healthy weight and not something fucked up.

edit: yeah could be it's just the effect from getting rid of his fatness.

Looking older happens when you lose weight. I lost ten pounds and I feel more wrinkly.

I just hope he wants to be at a healthy weight and not something fucked up.

edit: you could be it's just the effect from getting rid of his fatness.

Yeah, that could be it. I mean he doesn't look bad, he just looks different from how he used to look. If he's more healthy now, that's cool.

My thought is, if your company can be fucked by one specific person being run over by a bus, you have a problem.
Cena could be hit by a car tomorrow, break both his legs and his hips and be gone for 18 months, and they would absolutely fucked.

Brock's too expensive to be there full time, Undertaker, HHH, Sting, etc are too old (I mean as wrestlers here), Bryan is out, maybe done, and they have no one else who could replace Cena. By their own design in many cases.

This, basically. Until it bites them in the arse however, we're stuck complaining unhappily/tuning out while WWE like
fe7u7LM.gif

Kaladin

Finally saw that pull apart brawl from Monday night.....actually before I get to that, let me say one thing.

I don't know how it was on the 3 hour Raw, but on the 90 minute Hulu Plus version of Raw, every segment for about the first half of the show leading up to Roman vs Harper had to do with the Lesnar vs Undertaker match. It was amazing the way they laid it out and it felt more like I was watching a dramatic TV show than a variety hour wrestling program.

But that pull apart brawl was awesome.....one of the best things I've seen on WWE TV in a while. It made me more interested in that match than they did the night before.

Hype levels rising.

jmdajr

Fuck I'm pissed.

My wife had planned vacation, bought plane tickets...and now they say she can't go.

I want to stay professional and not bust out the sledgehammer and handcuffs.

jmdajr

Finally saw that pull apart brawl from Monday night.....actually before I get to that, let me say one thing.

I don't know how it was on the 3 hour Raw, but on the 90 minute Hulu Plus version of Raw, every segment for about the first half of the show leading up to Roman vs Harper had to do with the Lesnar vs Undertaker match. It was amazing the way they laid it out and it felt more like I was watching a dramatic TV show than a variety hour wrestling program.

But that pull apart brawl was awesome.....one of the best things I've seen on WWE TV in a while. It made me more interested in that match than they did the night before.

Hype levels rising.

Wasn't it cool? I looked at the RAW review and there was a bunch of matches in between. But this was like no filler DBZ. They just got right to it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck I'm pissed.

My wife had planned vacation, bought plane tickets...and now they say she can't go.

Looks like you're going alone. Enjoy it!

NoRéN

Fuck I'm pissed.

Infuriating, isn't it?

I quickly learned that my girlfriend's company doesn't give a fuck about their employees or their vacation time. First time she asked for a vacation 3 months in advance it was denied. Then she learned that they would also approve vacations and cancel them with a weeks notice or less, including vacation time for one dude's wedding and honeymoon.

"You've earned vacation time. Good luck using it."

She doesn't request vacations anymore. She does get sick for days at a time that happen to coincide with trips we want to take.

Sephzilla

Yes. She books her own vacation because she's a manager.

But sub manager quit and short handed. So big boss saying no now.

If it was me I'd tell the boss its his/her problem, not mine. She put in her PTO request and is already financially committed to the vacation.

If it was me I'd tell the boss its his/her problem, not mine. She put in her PTO request and is already financially committed to the vacation.

That's how I feel.

But in this day and age you're expected to bite the bullet.

I would make every effort to ensure that I could take my vacation though.

Aiii

So not worth it
I want to get excited about Cesaro getting pushed to the main event.

But then I remember.

I remember.

Dark times.

jmdajr

She could probbaly threaten to quit because then they would have no one there fulfilling those specific duties.

But at same time I don't thinks she wants to leave on bad terms.

Sucks. Longevity means nothing.

Kaladin

Wasn't it cool? I looked at the RAW review and there was a bunch of matches in between. But this was like no filler DBZ. They just got right to it!

Definitely. When you have a major angle to get over, that is how you do it. Dedicate a lot of the show to it, and build it....plot point A, B, C, D, E, F....ect.

Don't make people wait till the 9pm hour to even see Lesnar or Taker walking into the building, get right to it and stay on it.

Ithil

But only one person always, always carries the brunt of the business on their back. That's how it is.

Not necessarily. During their biggest period ever, the top guy and biggest draw did go down with a major injury, and missed a year of action. Instead of tanking, they continued their rise because they had other big stars to step into that spot.

Fox318

I want to get excited about Cesaro getting pushed to the main event.

But then I remember.

I remember.

Dark times.

They just need to keep him as a face.

You can't be that impressive as a heel unless they let you do truly dastardly things.

Which they don't let guys don anymore and it would probably get them over.

Imagine if Bay came out and attacked somebody with a chair over and over again. Unless that person was somebody over to an insane extent (Bryan, Ambrose) they wouldn't be the heel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not necessarily. During their biggest period ever, the top guy and biggest draw did go down with a major injury, and missed a year of action. Instead of tanking, they continued their rise because they had other big stars to step into that spot.

I wonder what the financials looked like during that time. I can't even imagine, say, Hogan out for a year during their golden age. Who would have been pushed to his spot? Lex couldn't hack it.

Mizerman

But only one person always, always carries the brunt of the business on their back. That's how it is.

It's one thing to have that one person as your flagship and still have a few important people contribute in the business. It's another to completely revolve the business just solely on that person and as a consequence, all the focus goes to only that one person to the point where others just feel like afterthoughts.

Cena's a workhorse and has Wolverine like healing abilities, but he just one man and whenever he gets injured, it's like the higher-ups go into panic mode.

jmdajr

If Cena get's injured they will probably just have to ride the Reigns train because the true fan favorite D. Bry ain't coming back.

Guess you could test the waters with Ambrose but overall it's gonna do some fucking damage not having Cena.

HHH don't wanna wrestle no more. You can only beg Rock for so much. Brock is working only so many dates.

So everyone here is cool with Cena now? Interesting.........

This has probably been Cena's strongest year for me, personally. Plus, we had to complain about Roman instead, so I'm sure that helped. Cena suffered a few loses (I think?) and actually had some of the best matches of his career this year. To me anyways. He could stand to lose a little more, but he's definitely been tolerable.

Striker

Macho never sniffed the popularity Hogan did. Shawn and Bret were at a dark period where neither dude was the Guy. Austin far outpaced Rock.
The fault there is to Vince McMahon for the steroid scandal, his terrible ideas for gimmicks year in and year out, and how his cronies couldn't keep their hands to themselves which led to the sex scandal. All that on top of losing Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, and Randy Savage (who he kept on commentary, bizzaro world here).

Even despite all that, Bret was still able to become a star and a big name all over the world. Not Hulk stature, but he was bigger than anyone else in wrestling outside Hogan for much of the 90's.

Aiii

So not worth it

It's so weird that people start liking the guy once he starts putting over other talent and working 4-star matches on a weekly basis for half a year.

I, for one, am as shocked as you are at this turn of events.

jmdajr

The fault there is to Vince McMahon for the steroid scandal, his terrible ideas for gimmicks year in and year out, and how his cronies couldn't keep their hands to themselves which led to the sex scandal. All that on top of losing Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, and Randy Savage (who he kept on commentary, bizzaro world here).

Even despite all that, Bret was still able to become a star and a big name all over the world. Not Hulk stature, but he was bigger than anyone else in wrestling outside Hogan for much of the 90's.

And they had Canada. Which from what I hear s blacklisted now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's one thing to have that one person as your flagship and still have a few important people contribute in the business. It's another to completely revolve the business just solely on that person and as a consequence, all the focus goes to only that one person to the point where others just feel like afterthoughts.

Cena's a workhorse and has Wolverine like healing abilities, but he just one man and whenever he gets injured, it's like the higher-ups go into panic mode.

It's just...he moves SO much merch. Guy's a treasure.

You're sweatin it. Man, it's gonna be intense when he challenges for that world title.

Top Bottom