• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
I had a bad thought in my head last night about the Taker/Lesnar match at Summerslam. I imagine those dudes spamming suplexes and tombstones all night, while the crowd does duel chants of "SUPLEX CITY" "TOMBSTONE CITY". It was rather scary.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Taker will be too winded after the first suplex to do anything but tell Brock 'cut to the finish.'

Brock about to remind Taker that he's 50 years old real quick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone see this stuff about the Mid-Atlantic documentary? Looks pretty damn good. Mid-Atlantic Memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNX52xfi0AA

Chigusa Nagayo's making a rare US appearance next month, along with Takumi Iroha;

super cool, I wish I lived anywhere REMOTELY near.

Tangentially related, but I wish the NBA/NHL/NFL had archival footage a la Network. I really want to watch some old games lately. All I know is the individual DVD sets like the Pistons playoffs ones.

But that must be a nightmare of rights to keep up with.

yeah, there's a handful of sports archivists out there that have all the original broadcasts and some torrents. I managed to grab a whole season of the 1989 Bills, even though I didn't give a fuck about the Bills (and never will) but it was dope to go back and see the original broadcasts.

I am not angry like I used to be at the prospect that Cena passes Ric Flair, just disappointed that it will happen. Some things I just wouldn't touch. Hell even HHH knew when to stop.

Im angry because Cena robed me of a decade of wrestling, I didn't watch one RAW from 2003- Till CM Punk Cut his hair. From what I understand, It was very dark times. I mean I saw the same old crap stuff pop up so I knew.

Ill never forgive him for that time. And how he was the face of the 3rd grade generation, who are kind of growing up; and moving on. Problem is WWE doesn't see that. Its going to bite them so hard in the ass.

I don't like Cena on the mIc, I think he is not very talented on the Mic at all. I think the Boo's bother him, I don't care what he says. He thinks because he has a spot fest match with KO, who dragged a 4 star match out of him, we are supposed to forgive the last 10 years? I don't think so. People still boo him, and its not to be cool, or a fad. There is general hate for what he has done to the industry, and for how boring he is.

As far as a wrestler? He might be in the top 20 worst of all time for someone in a main even position. he reminds me of Scott Norton. Who I loathed to watch. If I want to see a bar fight, Ill go to a bar. He is pretty bad when you look at it without rose colored glasses, I mean really bad.

Anyways, in closing. I can not stand anything he stands for, his the most Vanilla Wrestler I have ever seen in my life. Ric Flair had more talent in his shoelace than Cena. There names should never be mentioned in the same sentence ever.

Cena didn't rob you of a decade of wrestling, he made it so you didn't bother with ONE promotion for a decade. Lots of good shit happened in the early and mid 2000s. Just suck it up and watch something besides WWE.

There, there. Yes, he makes you money and that can't be disputed, but too much of a good thing can be harmful. Especially when you haven't provided a good backup plan in case.

Come on, Vinnie Mac. ^_^

I don't know if there's such a thing as too much money.

Idea: Undertaker vs Lesnar is an Iron Man match, they both get two pins each leading to an equal finisher/spot flurry in the last couple of minutes where they both end up on their backs, unable to get a third.

That'd be about as good as you could do it without ruining either at all.

2015 Taker in an Iron Man match..? Jesus..

Barrage

I feel like I want to resub to the network and then as soon as I do, I'll regret it.

Even I don't need that much wrestling.

In my mind, 10 bucks for a PPV is worth it, as WWE's PPVs have been all above-average to great this year. ESPECIALLY next month, when you get a PPV and a NXT Takeover.

Add Tough Talk each week, and i'll watch 2-3 old PPVs a month and I feel it's good value.

kiguel182

Old school mentality needs to change on injuries. Not just in sports entertainment but all sports.

Yeah Patrick got a huge fucking dose of humble pie.

edit: unrelated. Virgil has raised $135.00 dollars out of his million!

Yup, just disgusting seeing her attitude with that women and Hogan saying he got his leg broken on purpose on his first day of training like, somehow, that legitimised working hurt. And this isn't even about continuing a match, it was just training. Just ridiculous given the state many wrestlers end up being like Bryan that was sitting right by her side.

I don't think Patrick was humbled, that whole speech seemed very fake to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did watch a new Swerved, where the Ascension were in an incestuous restaurant with Fandangler and Heath Slater. I really like the long burn ones where people get upset. That was a good-ass episode. And Kofi covered in baby powder...fantastic.

KissVibes

Banned
I bet they have Sting and Undertaker have a stare down after the Roman/Sting vs Wyatt/Harper match. Taker is coming down to the ring for his match, Sting is walking up it. They both stop, size the other up, and then kiss keep walking.

kiguel182

I did watch a new Swerved, where the Ascension were in an incestuous restaurant with Fandangler and Heath Slater. I really like the long burn ones where people get upset. That was a good-ass episode. And Kofi covered in baby powder...fantastic.

Best part was Kofi calling that whole "sombrero" thing racist and Primo and Epico looked kinda defeated but were like "it's cool, just do the prank".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In my mind, 10 bucks for a PPV is worth it, as WWE's PPVs have been all above-average to great this year. ESPECIALLY next month, when you get a PPV and a NXT Takeover.

Add Tough Talk each week, and i'll watch 2-3 old PPVs a month and I feel it's good value.

I guess I just look at it combined with all the other subscription stuff I have. Amazon Prime is a non-factor since I would have it for 2 day regardless, but I think about WWE Network in addition to having my Hulu sub for catching up on Top Gear and keeping up with South Park then I think about Netflix for some of the original stuff I'm interested in.

Course I still have DirectTV for sports and Lucha, so what the fuck am I talking about.

Barrage

I guess I just look at it combined with all the other subscription stuff I have. Amazon Prime is a non-factor since I would have it for 2 day regardless, but I think about WWE Network in addition to having my Hulu sub for catching up on Top Gear and keeping up with South Park then I think about Netflix for some of the original stuff I'm interested in.

Course I still have DirectTV for sports and Lucha, so what the fuck am I talking about.

Yeah, it's guess it's all about perspective. Compare the Network to Netflix and it might feel like a rip. Compare it to a night at the movies or comic books and it's a great deal.

I guess you set an amount of money you wanna spend per month on subscriptions, then prioritize. I spend 20 a month on the Network and New York Times, get Netflix for free from the girlfriend's account.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watch maybe 3 hours of the Network a month and it's still worth it to me. YMMV. I could go to sleep with Legends of Wrestling Roundtables on though, that there's a good investment. Hope we get more someday.

jmdajr

The newest episode is really WTF.

I laughed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What the Network needs to do is bring back Confidential

I guess another thing is that I have all these other shows that I haven't watched on these services, and I go 'I should watch that' but I can't binge watch shit at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BryanWatch:

I give him a 2/10. He looks like he wants to die.

8Cwpa5D.jpg

jmdajr

Yup, just disgusting seeing her attitude with that women and Hogan saying he got his leg broken on purpose on his first day of training like, somehow, that legitimised working hurt. And this isn't even about continuing a match, it was just training. Just ridiculous given the state many wrestlers end up being like Bryan that was sitting right by her side.

I hear that...

Still, Sin Cara is a bitch though. Man that shit was hilarious.

jmdajr

It is thought that once Triple H and Stephanie take over WWE, Dunn will be one of the first to go. It is thought that they are not fans of his, which would make a lot of sense. We may be seeing an issue with Kevin Owens being caught in the middle of a corporate battle. Triple H wants something, and Kevin Dunn does not. Therefore, one or the other happens. Vince is trapped between what his son-in-law wants versus what his long time confidante wants.

hmmmmm

jmdajr

Its taken over by his doofus son in law and idiotic daughter.

cool

edit: I will never remember Vince as a saint. I will remember him for entertaining the hell out of me. I'm gonna be sad as fuck when he's gone. There will never be another.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Steph is a chip off the old block. You'll always see Vince inside of her.

Credo

Judging from footage, the career mode in 2k15 is just Bill DeMott yelling at CAWs and Vicki Guerrero calling you about matches.

What WWE games have the best career modes (or any other similar modes for that matter)?

I remember one or two of the PS1 games being pretty decent, but, besides WWE '13, I haven't played a WWE game since one of the early PS2 titles.

RP912

Banned
According to Cornette, Dunn got an iron clad contract because he saved some wrestling tapes from a burning car. Dude isn't going nowhere :/

Cagey

Banned
BryanWatch:

I give him a 2/10. He looks like he wants to die.

8Cwpa5D.jpg

This right here, friends, is the pinnacle of professional wrestling discussion that doesn't involve Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Sweet, Sweet Peter Rosenberg
Davis "AKA The Masked Man" Shoemaker
Greg "the Virgin" Valentine

The undisputed Fan Wrestling Podcast #chopyacha.

Simmons needs to get these boys 2 hours on HBO weekly. Nobody gets heat and starts feuds quite like "Pretty Good" Peter Rosenberg. He's still taking swings at Charlamagne's dumbass.

Top Bottom