• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kaladin

Chigusa Nagayo's making a rare US appearance next month, along with Takumi Iroha;

G0ZuAJn.jpg

He looks so hyped for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tangentially related, but I wish the NBA/NHL/NFL had archival footage a la Network. I really want to watch some old games lately. All I know is the individual DVD sets like the Pistons playoffs ones.

But that must be a nightmare of rights to keep up with.

It's just...he moves SO much merch. Guy's a treasure.

You're sweatin it. Man, it's gonna be intense when he challenges for that world title.

I am not angry like I used to be at the prospect that Cena passes Ric Flair, just disappointed that it will happen. Some things I just wouldn't touch. Hell even HHH knew when to stop.

Im angry because Cena robed me of a decade of wrestling, I didn't watch one RAW from 2003- Till CM Punk Cut his hair. From what I understand, It was very dark times. I mean I saw the same old crap stuff pop up so I knew.

Ill never forgive him for that time. And how he was the face of the 3rd grade generation, who are kind of growing up; and moving on. Problem is WWE doesn't see that. Its going to bite them so hard in the ass.

I don't like Cena on the mIc, I think he is not very talented on the Mic at all. I think the Boo's bother him, I don't care what he says. He thinks because he has a spot fest match with KO, who dragged a 4 star match out of him, we are supposed to forgive the last 10 years? I don't think so. People still boo him, and its not to be cool, or a fad. There is general hate for what he has done to the industry, and for how boring he is.

As far as a wrestler? He might be in the top 20 worst of all time for someone in a main even position. he reminds me of Scott Norton. Who I loathed to watch. If I want to see a bar fight, Ill go to a bar. He is pretty bad when you look at it without rose colored glasses, I mean really bad.

Anyways, in closing. I can not stand anything he stands for, his the most Vanilla Wrestler I have ever seen in my life. Ric Flair had more talent in his shoelace than Cena. There names should never be mentioned in the same sentence ever.

kiguel182

Well, I finished the Bryan book this afternoon. Great, great read.

Not really sure about the structure of it and the interludes but he tells some really good stories and it's always awesome to see his perspective on things and on how his career went since I'm a huge Bryan mark.

I think there were some periods in the WWE he could've elaborated more one but overall he covered everything pretty well I think.

There's a lot to comment overall but what stuck to me the most was the fact that NXT was only half scripted. I had no idea the whole Nexus thing wasn't always the plan. Really weird in hindsight how it all went down.

Also, Bryan is 5 foot 8 and not 5 foot 10. Kayfabe height confirmed.

kiguel182

Also, about tough enough, Patrick got too cocky and kinda deserved a slap in the wrist. He was being too annoying and it got to him. I'm not sure he deserved another chance but yeah, his behaviour didn't went well.

Sara Lee should also have this in the bag now. After this episode the others have even less of a chance.

But seeing Page yell at someone because they were told to not work hurt was, frankly, disgusting. Especially after everything I read on the Bryan book. That kinda of thinking ruined lives and she keeps pushing it so they haven't learned a thing so it seems.

jmdajr

Also, about tough enough, Patrick got too cocky and kinda deserved a slap in the wrist. He was being too annoying and it got to him. I'm not sure he deserved another chance but yeah, his behaviour didn't went well.

Sara Lee should also have this in the bag now. After this episode the others have even less of a chance.

But seeing Page yell at someone because they were told to not work hurt was, frankly, disgusting. Especially after everything I read on the Bryan book. That kinda of thinking ruined lives and she keeps pushing it so they haven't learned a thing so it seems.

Old school mentality needs to change on injuries. Not just in sports entertainment but all sports.

Yeah Patrick got a huge fucking dose of humble pie.

edit: unrelated. Virgil has raised $135.00 dollars out of his million!

Cena isn't bad on the mic. Content maybe. But he never gets nervous or fumbles his words.
Ever.

No He just repeats the same stuff over and over.

"Well What a lively crowd here in St. Louis, thats what i love about the WWE Universe etc.........." I want to throw up.

I am not angry like I used to be at the prospect that Cena passes Ric Flair, just disappointed that it will happen. Some things I just wouldn't touch. Hell even HHH knew when to stop.

Im angry because Cena robed me of a decade of wrestling, I didn't watch one RAW from 2003- Till CM Punk Cut his hair. From what I understand, It was very dark times. I mean I saw the same old crap stuff pop up so I knew.

Ill never forgive him for that time. And how he was the face of the 3rd grade generation, who are kind of growing up; and moving on. Problem is WWE doesn't see that. Its going to bite them so hard in the ass.

I don't like Cena on the mIc, I think he is not very talented on the Mic at all. I think the Boo's bother him, I don't care what he says. He thinks because he has a spot fest match with KO, who dragged a 4 star match out of him, we are supposed to forgive the last 10 years? I don't think so. People still boo him, and its not to be cool, or a fad. There is general hate for what he has done to the industry, and for how boring he is.

As far as a wrestler? He might be in the top 20 worst of all time for someone in a main even position. he reminds me of Scott Norton. Who I loathed to watch. If I want to see a bar fight, Ill go to a bar. He is pretty bad when you look at it without rose colored glasses, I mean really bad.

Anyways, in closing. I can not stand anything he stands for, his the most Vanilla Wrestler I have ever seen in my life.

I share the exact same sentiments, friend.

tumblr_nreftpUeUk1uvyu9yo5_400.gif

Ithil

If Cena get's injured they will probably just have to ride the Reigns train because the true fan favorite D. Bry ain't coming back.

Guess you could test the waters with Ambrose but overall it's gonna do some fucking damage not having Cena.

HHH don't wanna wrestle no more. You can only beg Rock for so much. Brock is working only so many dates.

Problem is they already tried the Reigns train and it failed. They learned you can't just manufacture another Cena simply because you want to.

For some reason they're unbelievably picky about who is and isn't allowed be at the top, even though they're hurting badly for top guys.

And I am pissed that they send everyone to get a rub from him, and then they fall down the fkn ladder to the bottom of the card after. WTF is that all about. So now Owens is stuck in the Ziggler category?

Well then I guess Neville will get the Santino treatment soon. I can't tell you how disheartening the WWE can be sometimes.

I know I sound bitter, but Wrestling meant a lot to me from the time I was 10. Which was a long time ago. It just sucks what its become.

I remember being in in a Sushi Restaurant in LA back in 1998, and you would over hear.Did you see Nitro last night?

In a sushi bar!!!!!!!!!!!

That of course was a different time.

No He just repeats the same stuff over and over.

"Well What a lively crowd here in St. Louis, thats what i love about the WWE Universe etc.........." I want to throw up.

It's a 3 hour show, might as well get someone who knows how to drag shit out talking and who gets a reaction that isn't just complete boos, which is all that HHH and Steph would get now even if they weren't heels.

$250 and this option does not include your ticket for Bound For Glory

To be fair, it's a PPV in NC and tickets are maybe $40 max unless you want the pricey seats which are around $60. Under or slightly over $300 isn't that ridiculous for the ability to personally laugh at Matthews, Dixie, and at least one wrestler during the hours before the likely last TNA event ever starts

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I only watch the new PPVs for WWE and don't watch RAW/SD.

Am I crazy, or is New Day the best thing they have right now?

dream

Anyways, in closing. I can not stand anything he stands for, his the most Vanilla Wrestler I have ever seen in my life. Ric Flair had more talent in his shoelace than Cena. There names should never be mentioned in the same sentence ever.

I'm not going to tell you that the way you feel is wrong, Liquidsnake. But I disagree with the Flair record thing, partly because it's a fake record. But more than that, it's not like Ric won all those world titles then retired with dignity, like Harley. He did a stint in TNA, he twirled his dick around on a plane, he's a crybaby, he hosts a drunken podcast. The man is a weepy, alcoholic buffoon, and my memory of him when he dies will not be the long mane of hair, the tailored suit, and the big gold belt. It will be of a broken down, alcoholic conman who got beat up by his wife, then called the police and BLADED before they got there. That is Ric Flair's true legacy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like in the 89 Finals with the Lakers vs the Pistons, everybody on the Lakers gets heat EXCEPT Kareem.

Kareem gets his propers. Always.

RP912

Banned
I'm not going to tell you that the way you feel is wrong, Liquidsnake. But I disagree with the Flair record thing, partly because it's a fake record. But more than that, it's not like Ric won all those world titles then retired with dignity, like Harley. He did a stint in TNA, he twirled his dick around on a plane, he's a crybaby, he hosts a drunken podcast. The man is a weepy, alcoholic buffoon, and my memory of him when he dies will not be the long mane of hair, the tailored suit, and the big gold belt. It will be of a broken down, alcoholic conman who got beat up by his wife, then called the police and BLADED before they got there. That is Ric Flair's true legacy.

a1xGCej.gif

yikes

5 years later and I still can't believe he was given the greatest retirement anybody in mainstream wrestling's ever had and still gave it up to wrestle in TNA

RP912

Banned
One thing I can say about the wrestlers of the past. They were more open to doing tv shows and cartoons.

Hell Macho Man was in Dexter's Laboratory. Stingy ass WWE don't want to crossover, but want to be in TMZ. Wtf is that logic?

You can remember him how you like, Mine is this, and its etched in my memory like it was yesterday. And it was glorious to watch. A few years ago, there was a tape company who had two volumes of Ric's greatest interviews; they were a combined 16 hours. It was some of the most compelling shit I ever watched. 16 hours of Promos that was amazing to watch. If I had to watch 16 min of Cena promos I would hang myself.

ric-flair-49ers-panthers-order.jpg

klonere

Banned
I only watch the new PPVs for WWE and don't watch RAW/SD.

Am I crazy, or is New Day the best thing they have right now?

Definitely the most entertaining part of the show for the last two or so months. And they don't have to have dumb kick out of everything 20 minute epics to be entertaining either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
5 years later and I still can't believe he was given the greatest retirement anybody in mainstream wrestling's ever had and still gave it up to wrestle in TNA

I can. It's Ric Flair. I like when they have him on WWE documentaries and how he talks about how he should have never left WWF and that WWF treated him better. Though if WCW had won, he'd be talking about how he should have never left WCW and WCW treated him better. Or when he says Shawn had a 5 star match with a ladder and Scott Hall had nothing to do with it.

Jamie OD

One thing I can say about the wrestlers of the past. They were more open to doing tv shows and cartoons.

Hell Macho Man was in Dexter's Laboratory. Stingy ass WWE don't want to crossover, but want to be in TMZ. Wtf is that logic?

They have the Hanna Barbera deal. Two Scooby Doo movies (a second is being made) and also a Flintstones one.

scabro

PIvFLs4.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like I want to resub to the network and then as soon as I do, I'll regret it.

Even I don't need that much wrestling.

Idea: Undertaker vs Lesnar is an Iron Man match, they both get two pins each leading to an equal finisher/spot flurry in the last couple of minutes where they both end up on their backs, unable to get a third.

That'd be about as good as you could do it without ruining either at all.

Top Bottom