• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

RP912

Banned
What WWE games have the best career modes (or any other similar modes for that matter)?

I remember one or two of the PS1 games being pretty decent, but, besides WWE '13, I haven't played a WWE game since one of the early PS2 titles.

Smackdown Here Comes the Pain.

Besides that, WWE 2K14 actually had a cool Wrestlemania story mode and it was the best game out of the garbage wrestling games from last gen.

What WWE games have the best career modes (or any other similar modes for that matter)?

I remember one or two of the PS1 games being pretty decent, but, besides WWE '13, I haven't played a WWE game since one of the early PS2 titles.

wrestlemania XIX!

Parking Lot brawls!

OIL DERRICK DEATH MATCH

Hex

Banned
I bet they have Sting and Undertaker have a stare down after the Roman/Sting vs Wyatt/Harper match. Taker is coming down to the ring for his match, Sting is walking up it. They both stop, size the other up, and then kiss keep walking.

Have you never seen a Taker entrence?

Gonzalez

Banned
nomercy_vince_display_image.jpg
Vince probably has all the ringside shots of that match in a video file named "The Good Stuff" on his PC.

klonere

Banned
So if Vince dies then what?

There is no gurantee that HHH is the next guy. He has to prove to Wall Street types that he can run a huge company like WWE without an MBA from Havard/Yale. Him doing NXT is his proving ground to investors, as much as it is a proving ground for talent. This would also explain the more aggressive bent of NXT recently; Hunner is showing he can build a brand, find an audience and then become the dominant brand in that space.

jmdajr

There is no gurantee that HHH is the next guy. He has to prove to Wall Street types that he can run a huge company like WWE without an MBA from Havard/Yale. Him doing NXT is his proving ground to investors, as much as it is a proving ground for talent. This would also explain the more aggressive bent of NXT recently; Hunner is showing he can build a brand, find an audience and then become the dominant brand in that space.

I hope takeover does well.

BFIB

Doing an excellent job too. Its crazy how once an NXT star reaches the main roster, they have no idea what to do with them.

Wouldnt Stephanie be a logical family pick for the big chair?

She has degree in business and has worked with the company in various positions for years from on the road creative and talent management to big picture stuff like marketing.

If anything the post Vince era will probably be a split of Stephanie doing the big business and Triple H on the road doing the day to day show running. Sort of like the Vince / Dunn split today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The internet and the sheets need Kevin Dunn around so they have someone to point at and blame for every single failed push. Otherwise Meltzer is going to have to look through the 2015 payroll and start attributing people not getting over to Jan in Makeup.

Sephzilla

I fully believe that Dunn would sabotage HHH proteges in order to keep his job safe. But honestly, it might be a futile effort because he'd be fighting off both Vince's son-in-law and daughter.

I just wanna say that goddamn 2000s era Steph was fine

I think Steph takes over Vince's position well before HHH does.

I can tell you who should take over though...

Wouldnt Stephanie be a logical family pick for the big chair?

She a degree in business and has worked with the company in various positions for years from on the road creative and talent management to big picture stuff like marketing.

If anything the post Vince era will probably be a split of Stephanie doing the big business and Triple H on the road doing the day to day show running. Sort of like the Vince / Dunn split today.

I agree with this 100%

**The G-1 Climax continues late tonight with a show from Shizuoka for Day 2 of the tournament and the first matches from the B Block. We will have a show up Thursday night with Chris Charlton and I reviewing Day 2. Below are the matches for the show tonight, airing on New Japan World:
*Yohei Komatsu & Jay White vs. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask
*Doc Gallows & Bad Luck Fale & Cody Hall vs. Kota Ibushi & Togi Makabe & Captain New Japan
*A.J. Styles & Tama Tonga vs. Yoshi-Hashi & Toru Yano
*Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito & Mascara Dorada vs. Katsuyori Shibata & Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Ryusuke Taguchi
*Tomohiro Ishii vs. Satoshi Kojima in the B Block
*Hirooki Goto vs. Yujiro in the B Block
*Yuji Nagata vs. Tomoaki Honma in the B Block
*Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin in the B Block
*Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Karl Anderson in the B Block

**Here are the matches for tonight’s episode of NXT at 8pm ET from Full Sail University on the WWE Network:
*Baron Corbin vs.
*KC Cassidy vs. Eva Marie
*Samoa Joe vs. Mike Rallis
*Bayley vs. Emma
*The Vaudevillians vs. Sawyer Fulton & Angelo Dawkins

**Below is the lineup for tonight’s episode of Lucha Underground at 8pm ET on the El Rey Network (with three episodes remaining this season):
*Texano Jr. vs. Johnny Mundo
*Cage vs. The Mack
*Aztec Medallion Battle Royal

**Below are the matches for Ring of Honor tonight at 8pm and 11pm ET on Destination America:
*Highlights from the past few months of television for tonight's 200th episode
*Jay Lethal & Donovan Dijak & Jay Diesel & Truth Martini vs. Roderick Strong & The Briscoe Brothers & ODB

G1 looking a little struggle. ONLY EXCITED for homna/ Nagata and Okada/elgin

Zach

Oh my g -- new Titus Andronicus that I can listen to on NPR? Another Against Me! live album soon? "Hoss" by Lagwagon is still awesome?

I'm so behind on my punk rock newz.

Oh, and is Vince dying or something? Why are we talking about who will take over WWE again?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You never saw Event Horizon, Sephzilla? Great movie.

I'm glad that I didn't receive any cease and desist orders from my posting excerpts of Daniel Bryan's book. I was primarily doing that to test any leaks in the WrassleGAF boat and it seems things are OK

klonere

Banned
I took my €12 Network money and put it back into FFXIV.

Great game, not sure why I dropped off it last year. Sad that I won't be catching NXT live for the first time in a long time though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#IndiePosterThursday is tomorrow, FlammableD! Hang in there!

UberTag

And they had Canada. Which from what I hear s blacklisted now.
Canada still gets house shows at least.
It's how Jericho stays fresh between those lucrative international tours.

Also, there's the occasional TV taping in Montreal so Vince can reminisce fondly about 1997.

Ithil

I did watch a new Swerved, where the Ascension were in an incestuous restaurant with Fandangler and Heath Slater. I really like the long burn ones where people get upset. That was a good-ass episode. And Kofi covered in baby powder...fantastic.

Kofi got completely destroyed by Woods. Xavier doesn't play around.

Shiv47

So Taker is doing WWE house shows in Mexico in October? I presume this will be another live network thing. Who will be his victim?

Ithil

According to Cornette, Dunn got an iron clad contract because he saved some wrestling tapes from a burning car. Dude isn't going nowhere :/

Specifically Dunn's father saved the master tapes of six weeks of TV from a burning car, which would have been disastrous back then. Hence how Dunn Jr got the job.
But it's not just that, obviously, from all accounts, Vince is very hard to get along with for extended periods of time, he gets annoyed or sick of people fast. Dunn is one of the few who knows how to talk to and handle him, so that he's always in the good books and one of his right hand men.

Given he's the head of TV production, however, he straight up sucks at it. I understand running live TV weekly is not easy, but his production is so cookie cutter, lowest common denominator, all the time. Even his Tough Enough shows are always about the lowest hanging branches.
You can debate as outsiders what he does or doesn't do backstage for the shows, in terms of influence on booking or talent, but TV production is his official role so you can't fault me for criticizing him over that.

Specifically Dunn's father saved the master tapes of six weeks of TV from a burning car, which would have been disastrous back then. Hence how Dunn Jr got the job.
But it's not just that, obviously, from all accounts, Vince is very hard to get along with for extended periods of time, he gets annoyed or sick of people fast. Dunn is one of the few who knows how to talk to and handle him, so that he's always in the good books and one of his right hand men.

Given he's the head of TV production, however, he straight up sucks at it. I understand running live TV weekly is not easy, but his production is so cookie cutter, lowest common denominator, all the time. Even his Tough Enough shows are always about the lowest hanging branches.

I honestly have had a hard time with bosses, I would love to know the secret.

Top Bottom