• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LU right now
MMb9.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
¡HarlequinPanic!;172717813 said:
you've been pushing this narrative since LU began and I still don't get it. are these not still real worked matches?

They're real as it gets, bro. Fenix is really dead and really can't compete.

Kevin Eck said when he was in Creative, the following was in the banned terms list:

"The Big Guy" (Ryback eventually convinced Vince to let him have that)
"fake" ("feigning" had to be used instead)
"feud" ("rivalry" instead)
"It will be" (Teddy said "Tonight it will be" when announcing matches, and he did it so frequently Vince got pissed)
"Major announcement" (just "announcement" instead)
"Non-title" (at first replaced with "title-free", but then Vince hated that too so it was decided only title match if title is specifically mentioned)
"title is held up" (title is in "state of abeyance" instead)

And until Mania you couldn't mention Reigns being Samoan, second-gen, or related to the Usos or Rock

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love the booking of Fenix and Muertes in LU. Both guys are booked so strongly and come off as such big deals and are like eternal rivals even when they're off on their own thing.

Vampiro is also most improved announcer in the last 5 years.

Fox318

Why do the heavyset wrestlers feel the need to compensate with those types of moves?
We live in a world where people have no attention span and the easiest way to get over is to do a move that could be made into a gif.

I watched a match with Andre holding a guy in an srmbar for half of the match and it was better than this shit because it felt real and like his move had real stakes.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've always hated The Miz for years and years now............but he may have just won me over with the way he defended Patrick last night against Paige.
I only saw the first ep of the new tough enough and Paige was easily the worst aspect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love that I struggle to justify a 10 dollar sub to WWE network ,but I'll drop 80 dollars to Masked Republic in the blink of an eye

284671486.jpg

297488374.jpg

279943429.jpg

273019955.jpg

Vylash

JFJMNWm.gif

the Red Queen returning and silencing all the haters in one match was a joy to behold, i've been fighting this fight for years, i knew Eva wouldn't let me down #AllRedEverything

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
JFJMNWm.gif

the Red Queen returning and silencing all the haters in one match was a joy to behold, i've been fighting this fight for years, i knew Eva wouldn't let me down #AllRedEverything
They're sleeping on her. So I'm just gonna say it now, get onboard now. You better join the team now because this is the last invitation.

#RedQueen
#AREteam

Dave said:
While this is a late notice thing, an announcement is expected imminently for TripleMania to be on traditional PPV in the U.S. and Canada.

[...]

A very interesting political component to this show airing in the U.S. on PPV is that major AAA shows in the past have been talked about for PPV, but over the past year, AAA has nixed talks saying that they don't want to infringe on Lucha Underground, their American sister promotion. However, AAA has green lit this show.

Let's enjoy Ultima Lucha, friends. Let's enjoy the hell out of these next two weeks together.

:'[

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So this is a thread about a fake ass sport. We sometimes also talk about a fake ass reality show about said fake ass sport, or the real ass fake reality show about said sport. But I've gotta shoot straight for a moment. None of these things got shit on how fake one "Reality" show is.

The show I'm thinking about is Mystery Diners...and I love how fake it is. It's a show where this team of Mystery Diners sets up cameras at restaurants and figures out who is ripping off the hardworking and honest owners in ridiculous ways.

1. It presents itself as 100% real. Kayfabe is alive and well here.
2. They do put up the cameras and look at the paperwork and figure out who is doing them dirty in probably a few minutes or hours.
3. They tell the owner and they fire the fuck out of them.
4. Then they hire some of the worst actors in the world and "reenact" whatever scheme they were pulling off, only usually turned up to 11.
5. The host of the show usually has to "hold back" the owner who wants to fire the actor reenacting this shit ten minutes in, but it's a 30 minute show bro, so we need more dirt.
6. You know this shit is all fake because they almost never blur anyone's face out, and who the fuck would agree to be on a tv show that shows them a dirty fucking thief? Plus none of the confrontations come off as genuine.
7. There are a couple of episodes in the first season with regular ass grift in them and blurred out faces, so like pro wrassling/MMA/boxing/reality shows this show MIGHT have been legit once.

The episode I watched tonight while not watching the King of the Mountain repeat was GLORIOUS. It's titled Missing Links and is about a golf course. The MD crew has figured this shit out two minutes in and focuses on three people. One is a girl selling beer on the side, cash only to non members, another server is charging meals to dead members to give to her friends on the greens crew and finally is a guy letting his "friends" in for free, who act like total animals and in the crazy finale of this episode totally stage drive a golf cart into the water hazard.

Zeus is getting the Strap Friends

Zeus & The Bodyguard & Billy Ken Kid beat Akebono & Jun Akiyama & Sushi when Zeus picked up nearly 500 pounds of Akebono for a Death Valley bomb and pinned him, which sets up an Akebono vs. Zeus Triple Crown title shot

So this is a thread about a fake ass sport. We sometimes also talk about a fake ass reality show about said fake ass sport, or the real ass fake reality show about said sport. But I've gotta shoot straight for a moment. None of these things got shit on how fake one "Reality" show is.

The show I'm thinking about is Mystery Diners...and I love how fake it is. It's a show where this team of Mystery Diners sets up cameras at restaurants and figures out who is ripping off the hardworking and honest owners in ridiculous ways.

1. It presents itself as 100% real. Kayfabe is alive and well here.
2. They do put up the cameras and look at the paperwork and figure out who is doing them dirty in probably a few minutes or hours.
3. They tell the owner and they fire the fuck out of them.
4. Then they hire some of the worst actors in the world and "reenact" whatever scheme they were pulling off, only usually turned up to 11.
5. The host of the show usually has to "hold back" the owner who wants to fire the actor reenacting this shit ten minutes in, but it's a 30 minute show bro, so we need more dirt.
6. You know this shit is all fake because they almost never blur anyone's face out, and who the fuck would agree to be on a tv show that shows them a dirty fucking thief? Plus none of the confrontations come off as genuine.
7. There are a couple of episodes in the first season with regular ass grift in them and blurred out faces, so like pro wrassling/MMA/boxing/reality shows this show MIGHT have been legit once.

The episode I watched tonight while not watching the King of the Mountain repeat was GLORIOUS. It's titled Missing Links and is about a golf course. The MD crew has figured this shit out two minutes in and focuses on three people. One is a girl selling beer on the side, cash only to non members, another server is charging meals to dead members to give to her friends on the greens crew and finally is a guy letting his "friends" in for free, who act like total animals and in the crazy finale of this episode totally stage drive a golf cart into the water hazard.
"Thanks for coming in today Charles, I think I have a problem..."

e043fa3805d32c2aa9ae04252152d8610259.jpg

Holy shit WMAC Masters. Had to look up the names but the Superstar/Machine feud was dope. My last memory was the double elimination from the masked ninja. Never realized it was a season finale cliffhanger. Now i kinda want to watch season 2!

Heel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SwvyMbzuWE&feature=youtu.be&t=225

I'm shook, friends. I don't think that was suppose to happen.

That's always been the rumor, that Red Dragon allegedly went into business for himself with the knowledge that they aired live in Oceanic territories. I guess they just ended up keeping it to save on production costs by maintaining a single story arc? Pretty wild.

That's not even going into the whole Mortal Kombat thing. Red Dragon was carny as shit.

JFJMNWm.gif

Ya know. Its kind of nice to see someone in developmental who actually needs it.

And if they book her right she might be the first women in years to get actual heel heat and not "we are tired of you. Please go away" Bella heat

So camp wwe sounds like it was written by Vince

Executive Producers Seth Green, Matthew Senreich, Eric Towner and John Harvatine and casting directors Ruth Lambert and Robert McGee are looking for voice over work for the taping of "Camp WWE" cartoon for the WWE network. The shows will be taped on 8/9 in Los Angeles and all those doing voice work will be paid $906. It will be a non-union shoot. The characters are very much an interesting twist because it so much involves the reality of the organization right now. The head of the camp is Vince McMahon, who is supposed to be 50 years old, a big brash, egomaniacal billionaire as well as a loving father who hates complaining campers and ass kissing subordinates, but loves money and power and is always thinking of new ways to run down his competition. The character is described and scripted with this line that you'll just love: "Clearly, the most intelligent character on the show." Triple H, also called Hunter, is a 14-15 year old Co-head camp counselor, tough and intimidating, a vindictive prankster who is always trying to get the respect of Vince McMahon and always trying to win the love of his daughter. He considers himself to be highly intelligent "but still has a long way to go." Stephanie is the other Co-head camp counselor, 14-15 years old. She has all of her father's traits, arrogant, intimidating, ruthless, but lacks the maturity to get the job done. She tries to run the camp but runs to her father at the first sign of trouble. "She's beautiful, bold, confrontational and fearless." John Cena plays an eight year old, the "most adorable, cheery, upbeat boy scout type," a cute goody two-shoes who will do anything to bring happiness to other campers. But even though he's a great kid, he's a polarizing figure at the camp who is sometimes used by others to do their dirty work and annoys people because he never gives up at anything and is always trying to inspire others. Undertaker is the scariest eight-year-old, a large gothic kid obsessed with death and mystical powers. His character is based on, you'll love this, Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy with a touch of Satin thrown in. Big Show is a big, dumb and gentle eight year old. He's both childlike and monstrous in size. He doesn't understand his own strength, nor the meaning of any word with more than two syllables. They want him to be an eight-year-old Homer Simpson. Mark Henry is "African American" (thank God for that), who loves girls and food. He brags that he knows everything about women, except it comes out he knows nothing about women, but he's the strongest eight-year-old in the world. Hulk Hogan is a camp legend who is huge, powerful and charismatic, but tired from being old and being from a different era, but he still tries to connect with everyone by calling them "brother." Brie Bella is cunning, cute and sneaky. Nikki Bella is the tomboy of the twin sisters, and has the best body of all the women campers. Sometimes they switch places on unsuspecting campers. Ric Flair is five years older than everyone else in camp, rides in limos and jet planes, is cocky, always styling and profiling, and he's the dirtiest kid in camp who shocks Vince McMahon with stories of his sexual conquests. The comedy is when they make the rich kid live in the wild with nature, so he's the pampered rich kid character being taken out of his environment. R-Truth is another African-American, who is neither big nor bright, but he's funny and drives people crazy with his misguided theories on why things are what they are, but he's also the most gullible camper who always gives you second and third hand information that is almost impossible to believe, which is ironic because his name is "Truth."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They never actually made the Ninja who beat those two jobbers at the end of season 1 a real master, did they? He just ended up being a pawn in the plot to steal the dragon star.

Top Bottom