• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Barrage

Ric Flair is five years older than everyone else in camp, rides in limos and jet planes, is cocky, always styling and profiling, and he's the dirtiest kid in camp who shocks Vince McMahon with stories of his sexual conquests.

Welp,you sold me.

Heel

What about that angle where Superstar threw the match for Star Warrior?

The IMAC was furious

Allegedly there was a lot of turmoil in depths of the Arena, as Superstar had been offered a lucrative contract to break ice and perform weapon demonstrations on ESPN2, and was holding the Dragon Star hostage for leverage. Completely against the Code of the Dragon Star, as everyone knows.

DMczaf

Allegedly there was a lot of turmoil in depths of the Arena, as Superstar had been offered a lucrative contract to break ice and perform weapon demonstrations on ESPN2, and was holding the Dragon Star hostage for leverage. Completely against the Code of the Dragon Star, as everyone knows.

The fuck? Motherfucker was under contract.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yall thought i was making this shit up didnt you
MMb9.jpg

tumblr_nrx06dTqKT1rofocqo1_540.gif

Heel

The fuck? Motherfucker was under contract.

That's why he threw the match to Star Warrior. I guess he found out there was a Dragon Star Clause that kept him under contract in perpetuity, so he laid down to begin renegotiations. This is what began the bidding war between ESPN and the IMAC, which eventually landed him creative control.

Just some wild, wild shit. This is all from a shoot interview I got on Kazaa back in the day.

I mean, does Vince really dislike this guy despite the fanbase?

I am so confused about this issue as HhH pussy footed around the topic of favoritism when on Stone cold podcast.

Yes, but that has less to do with this particular situation as the fact that the dude has admitted to having two dozen concussions as of an interview he had in fucking ROH a decade ago, and now he's coming off one of the worst neck injuries you can have and another major concussion back to back, and at some point you have to genuinely worry about the growing chance that this guy dies in your fucking ring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fenix is so fucking easy to cheer for because of booking. I appreciate that. It's been a while since I've had any company make it easy for me to like a straight up babyface.

tm24

Wait, there's a season of WMAC after the mystery ninja double elimination? Young me never got over the fact that i didnt know what happened next

Aiii

So not worth it
Friends.

There's way too much wrestling going on right now. I have to watch NXT, Lucha Underground, maybe find some time for ROH Wrestling at some point and watch the G1 today.

I also have to watch a classic Nitro episode and listen to the Bryan & Vinny & Craig Show that talks about it.

Wrestling has certainly been on an upswing over the past year or two.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I started watching NXT from where I left off, right after the second special I believe.

Mr. NXT is the best gimmick they ever had. Shame it's gone. If they do partner with NJPW maybe he can tag with Captain New Japan.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
get

This picture is so real.
Except for the part where the marks forget that:
-Sami tore his own shit
-Neville has been jobbing to the entire roster since he showed up
and
-KO didn't eat 3 finishers at the end of this Monday's Raw

But hey let's keep painting the narrative that Cena is tearing down all your indie faves, he's coming for them one at a time. Next he'll be snatching Finn's hairline right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Neville was actually the closest person to winning the US Open Challenge. They have unfinished business there if they wish to explore it.

DMczaf

So one of three things will happen. Either there will be a new member of the Wyatt Family introduced in the next week or two, which results in Reigns & Ambrose getting Sting as their mystery partner (which was the scenario as of two weeks ago), or there will be an Ambrose injury and Sting will take his spot, or they'll drop Sting. I doubt it'll be the latter of the three, since people who have seen Sting of late noted to us he's in incredible shape right now.

let's do thiiiiiiiiiiis

Vylash

Except for the part where the marks forget that:
-Sami tore his own shit
-Neville has been jobbing to the entire roster since he showed up
and
-KO didn't eat 3 finishers at the end of this Monday's Raw

But hey let's keep painting the narrative that Cena is tearing down all your indie faves, he's coming for them one at a time. Next he'll be snatching Finn's hairline right?

not to mention Cena never even beat Neville, Neville was about to beat him for the title before Rusev showed up

Owens has a 3 month feud with Cena and 99 percent of it was Owens laying him out week after week

Seriously, I'm now fully convinced that a good number of them are emotionally stunted man-children. It's funny, because PROGRESS did someone similar recently by announcing they'd be running shows in Manchester, but the idea that any PROGRESS fan would be upset to see their favourite product expanding is laughable.

Sounds like for a lot of the Full Sail crowd NXT has become their special little club over the past few years and now they're going to miss being able to lord it over everyone who previously wouldn't have the chance see NXT live. They remind me of the TNA Crucial Crew.
There was a little griping from the London types, but almost exclusively good natured disappointment at missing a show.
Is wrestle talk watchable these days?

Last time I saw it it had the previous unbearable host awkwardly making comments to a nice looking lady co host

Really cringeworthy
Nah, it's awful. I only caught it cause I heard Brooker's thing was looking good, and I had literally nothing else to watch.

Welp, this is a thing
11781613_784955998269133_7279426382213838283_n.jpg

Kornflayx

5-AB3M.gif

Dave Meltzer's response to that sequence:
"Because of the way the match was going I'm not sure these spots weren't on purpose to tell you that this match is falling apart because he's hurt and make it more real. It did feel like that was the case. When you can take a match to the level where you go beyond suspending...you know this was like in a new dimension of believability in a sense that you know it's fake but what is real and what is not real as far as what is going on in this match and then they're blowing spots and are they really the blowing spots because the blown spots seem to figure in."

Subscribe now everybody!

Top Bottom