• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Cagey

Banned
If I'm WWE, why would I ever have Daniel Bryan in any prominent storyline again? Dude let me down big time after WM two years in a row, once by accident and once through his own recklessness and past history of self-abuse.

More specifically, why would WWE bring Daniel Bryan back, if he can come back, before Wrestlemania season?

If Bryan returns in December, we'll have a smark revolt three years running at the Rumble through to Wrestlemania.

If he returns at all, wait until the night after Wrestlemania please.

Iceman829

Hard to defend the full sail crowd after this episode. Bunch of assholes really.
Th
EDIT: Also, not surprised WWE is being careful with letting Bryan wrestle after everything that happened. But if he is cleared hopefully they'll bring him in. The show needs him for sure.

What happened during NXT? I wasn't able to watch last night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't it be Mark Burnett, Robert Rodriguez, and Eric van Wagenen then? Dario Cueto's the on-air authority figure, but he's a performer. He's not actually the promoter.

Stop!
qGCoCym.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Compound Pro Wrestling's Tag Title History:
VxoPjxS.png

And another local indie's weekend poster:
I0rxIhf.png

Gotta give em props for the Ready 2 Rumble re-enactment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
...a Kid's Championship? That's interesting. Wish they called her "Black Kid-ow"

Wait maybe not.

I thought Sheamus gave him the Concussion? And he was subsiquently rewarded for it.

Bryan took several stupid bumps after he came back. I'm more inclined to say that he was careless and not watching out for himself, and so concussed himself on a fairly routine move from Sheamus. And it's his own past abuse of his body that made it career threatening.

Ithil

Bryan took several stupid bumps after he came back. I'm more inclined to say that he was careless and not watching out for himself, and so concussed himself on a fairly routine move from Sheamus. And it's his own past abuse of his body that made it career threatening.

Sheamus headbutted him too hard. I don't know how that's his fault.

Alucard

Banned
Lucha Underground is the best show on television - not the best wrestling show, but the best show. At all. It's truly been a phenomenal run and I pray they get another season.

Gonna clean up at the Emmys!

Lucha Underground is superior to...

Game of Thrones
Orphan Black
Orange is the New Black
Modern Family
Etc.

Alucard

Banned
On Daniel Bryan, I support retirement given the amount of injuries and concussions he has sustained. His last return felt off and reckless...he was still doing all of the crazy stuff from before, which I didn't understand. He has the submission skills to just stretch guys on the mat. He could have gone that route.

Iceman829

Hard to defend the full sail crowd after this episode. Bunch of assholes really.
Th
EDIT: Also, not surprised WWE is being careful with letting Bryan wrestle after everything that happened. But if he is cleared hopefully they'll bring him in. The show needs him for sure.

Crowd was basically bitching about Takeover being in a different venue besides their beloved Full Sail gymnasium :/.

They think they are just as important as the product. They should be happy for the stars they cheer for and watch develop to have such an opportunity. They are close to selling out an NBA arena in NYC. I'm going to assume all of the taped shows will have the same crowd hating on Takeover in Brooklyn.

Jamie OD

Are you kidding me? Are you SERIOUS?!

It's true. OTT Wrestling hold shows in a small building here in Dublin called the Tivolli Theatre once a month and has been going on since I think November of last year. One of the main guys involved is Luther Ward who was signed to WWE's development system for about 6 weeks last year. The shows are in front of an over 18s only crowd and is mostly indie sleaze politically incorrect stuff. The gimmicks are mostly based on proper Irish stereotypes like the faces are knackers and travellers while the heels are mostly from Northern Ireland or the posh part of Dublin. The shows are a lot of fun and I've been to most of them. They draw a good crowd, around 200ish every month I think. Probably the current most successful fed in Ireland right now but that's not saying much.

Sheamus headbutted him too hard. I don't know how that's his fault.

Are you a pathological liar? Daniel was the one that did the overly stiff head-butt and injured himself. Here's the proof:

UOTAw8b.gif

I know you really like Daniel Bryan but this is getting ridiculous now.

Fuck giving Bryan the benefit of the doubt, especially after he already admitted to 1) coming back early because he can't stay away and 2) not listening to his bosses telling him to be careful and not idiotic with his personal safety

Top Bottom