• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

anyone have any advice on how to buy a summerslam ticket on the secondary market?

I'm thinking about just going alone at this point.

For the depressing news of the day, Meltzer says there's a good chance Lucha Underground won't be back, at least in its current form, because they just can't find money to continue on. Last season cost them $20 million. Says TNA will probably be alive for longer at this point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah, unless LU was doing amazing numbers for the Spanish language broadcast there was no way El Ray could support a show with that level of production values for long.

For the depressing news of the day, Meltzer says there's a good chance Lucha Underground won't be back, at least in its current form, because they just can't find money to continue on. Last season cost them $20 million. Says TNA will probably be alive for longer at this point.

tumblr_niz8chFB6t1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Kaladin

I feel like LU was only hurt by the channel it was on though. The product was good enough that it could have survived on a bigger network had one signed on for it.

NoRéN

Wouldn't Spike TV want to get in on lucha?

A wrestling show would help as a lead in to MMA.

Am I better off buying now or waiting.

Since Taker was announced prices have gone up.

They would still be stuck on UniMAS which is what they wanted to upgrade from to reach more of the spanish speaking audience.

Iceman829

It's really a catch 22. Prices might drop if no one is buying them, but what if STANG is officially going to be there. Prices would probably rise again. I almost bought myself a ticket earlier after finding out my friend screwed up the NXT Takeover tickets.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
20 million is more than what Spike was paying TNA, for example. 20 million is probably very close to what TNA cost+the expensive contracts Spike paid for during the Bischoff/Hogan era.

For the depressing news of the day, Meltzer says there's a good chance Lucha Underground won't be back, at least in its current form, because they just can't find money to continue on. Last season cost them million. Says TNA will probably be alive for longer at this point.
That's not true! that's impossible!
giphy.gif

Buy now because the second Sting's confirmed on TV as showing up those things are skyrocketing even more

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rush and La Sobmra got into a fight with fans because the fans got worked that badly.

Naito you need to step up to your stablemates

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's how we save Lucha Underground:

The most over people on the show aren't ex-WWE people so let's stop paying for Johnny Mundo, ADR, Big Ryck, Chavo, and Daivari.

Heel, we were just talking about WMAC Masters and you want to talk lighting?
hqdefault.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WMAC actually looked amazing for what it was back then.

The NWO angle was totally ripped off from them too. Tsunami was the original third man, brother.

Just imagine how much debt TNA is probably in at this stage.

I dont think they have ever been profitable and its only the last year or two they have actually cut back on spending

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Spike had all the really big contracts and they gave them really generous rights fees. They basically didn't start really losing money until they went on the road but after that it also killed their ppv money, which killed their merch money.

klonere

Banned

6tHSYAV.gif

I liked G4tv. I know TechTv life longs hate it but I enjoyed the programming.

I liked it when it was actually gaming focused and even a few of the shows that weren't were still pretty good, but there was certainly a point where they just flat out lost me. Thankfully their legacy lives on in the shitty web shows most major gaming sites now have and American Ninja Warrior.

I liked it when it was actually gaming focused and even a few of the shows that weren't were still pretty good, but there was certainly a point where they just flat out lost me. Thankfully their legacy lives on in the shitty web shows most major gaming sites now have and American Ninja Warrior.

At least Adam and Morgan reunited this E3

I'd bitch about this on twitter, but they're horrible vanity searchers and I don't particularly want to get in a row - how the fuck are Pro-Wrestling Tee's NJPW shirts $24.99? The NJPW Europe ones (which are of a much higher quality) are £15.99, or $24.80. The authentic Lion Mark ones from Japan are 3,000 yen, or $24.23. You suck, PWTees.

Hex

Banned
Meltzer is full of shit as much as he is right.
Lucha has already said that they are working on ways to make it happen, and won't do it unless they can maintain quality.
They are hitting up Netflix, and multiple other sources to partner with.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd bitch about this on twitter, but they're horrible vanity searchers and I don't particularly want to get in a row - how the fuck are Pro-Wrestling Tee's NJPW shirts $24.99? The NJPW Europe ones (which are of a much higher quality) are £15.99, or $24.80. The authentic Lion Mark ones from Japan are 3,000 yen, or $24.23. You suck, PWTees.

The MaskedRepublic shirts are 22-25 dollars and a much higher quality than PWT.
ProWrestling Tees are about the same quality as those 'shirt of the day sites' t-shirts.
Meltzer is full of shit as much as he is right.
Lucha has already said that they are working on ways to make it happen, and won't do it unless they can maintain quality.
They are hitting up Netflix, and multiple other sources to partner with.

I don't really get why we've had multiple sources of people who work directly with or on LU say 'hey we're working something out' get batted away but as soon as Observer, who doesn't even follow Lucha, says something it's confirmed 100% true.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The talent have been saying for months now that they expect a season 2, but a lot of that is wishful thinking+shine from management. No one wants to lose a sweet gig like LU (except Hernandez!)

The MaskedRepublic shirts are 22-25 dollars and a much higher quality than PWT.
ProWrestling Tees are about the same quality as those 'shirt of the day sites' t-shirts.

They should be at least $10 cheaper, what a shitty, shitty site. I wanted the new Nakamura shirt, but I'd prefer to pay crazy Japanese shipping costs than pay PWTees for an inferior product.

darkbanjo

Are the NJPW Europe ones decent? Nipping back to the UK for a week or so next month and I was wondering if I'd be better having one shipped there than buying from PWTees.

Top Bottom