• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The talent have been saying for months now that they expect a season 2, but a lot of that is wishful thinking+shine from management. No one wants to lose a sweet gig like LU (except Hernandez!)

I wouldn't really call 'Konnan" a talent since he's the booker for AAA and if anyone knows the situation with LU right now, it would be the higher ups at AAA. I'm pretty sure there was a story just the other day about AAA saying the reason they don't run shows in the states is they don't want to interfere with their sister promotion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
kdBOfh2.jpg

Punk BTFO

Are the NJPW Europe ones decent? Nipping back to the UK for a week or so next month and I was wondering if I'd be better having one shipped there than buying from PWTees.

The selection isn't that great from NJPW Europe, but the shirts themselves are definitely better quality - also, they always print the shoulder/sleeve designs, which PWTees have been known to leave off. The only issue with NJPW Europe is that they can sometimes take a week or two to ship, but they're run by good people and if you drop them an email they should be able to tell you more.

The MaskedRepublic shirts are 22-25 dollars and a much higher quality than PWT.
ProWrestling Tees are about the same quality as those 'shirt of the day sites' t-shirts.

I don't really get why we've had multiple sources of people who work directly with or on LU say 'hey we're working something out' get batted away but as soon as Observer, who doesn't even follow Lucha, says something it's confirmed 100% true.

Because you have to look at the motives of the speakers. People who are working with or on LU would want to project that there will be a second season for a number of reasons. Why would Meltzer, or Meltzer's sources, want to put out there that there won't be a 2nd season?

Sephzilla

Good to see Punk helping put someone over. Virgil's twitter would never get that much attention if he didn't step into the ring with one of the greats

They should be at least cheaper, what a shitty, shitty site. I wanted the new Nakamura shirt, but I'd prefer to pay crazy Japanese shipping costs than pay PWTees for an inferior product.

I spent a decent amount on a American Apparel version of the Too Awesome Dropkick shirt, and it's dope. Comfy, soft, print seems good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Because you have to look at the motives of the speakers. People who are working with or on LU would want to project that there will be a second season for a number of reasons. Why would Meltzer, or Meltzer's sources, want to put out there that there won't be a 2nd season?

Because he runs a service with a monthly fee for his livelihood?

Because he runs a service with a monthly fee for his livelihood?

And how does he benefit there from reporting that LU's prospects for season 2 is all but dead? The bigger the wrestling "tent," the more potential interest there is in his product.

He's as wrong as he is right, but I don't see a motive for him to intentionally report that LU is dead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mike "The Million Dollar Man/Vincent/Virgil" Jones
vs
"Disgraced pro wrestler turned disgraced UFC fighter" Phil "CM Punk" Brooks
Bellator
Be there.
And how does he benefit there from reporting that LU's prospects for season 2 is all but dead? The bigger the wrestling "tent," the more potential interest there is in his product.

He's as wrong as he is right, but I don't see a motive for him to intentionally report that LU is dead.

It doesn't benefit him to check all his sources either way. It drives people to check out the news, and the company being dead is a hotter angle than it not being dead. Observer also reported the 'paid crowd members' stuff in LU that was never proven to be true nor untrue.

At least Cena is gracious enough to give us the mid-card title run everyone expected and wanted from Bryan. If I recall, that Sheamus match was his second one and he lost by count out or something. Never stood a chance.

RP912

Banned
Played a hour or so of WWE 2K15. It's not that bad, limited as fuck but not bad at all. I love the fact that wrestlers sell their moves now and feel tired after a while. It's a 7.5 in my book.

People try to excuse it as a gimmick. Like his gimmick is supposed to be that he's fucking EDGELORD or something. Like that would ever work as a gimmick.

This Sunday there'll be 700 raucous fans giving Havoc the sort of reception most heels these days can only dream of, so I guess him being a 2edgy4u emo douchebag of a deathmatch wrestler who despises everyone and everything is working out pretty well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Played a hour or so of WWE 2K15. It's not that bad, limited as fuck but not bad at all. I love the fact that wrestlers sell their moves now and feel tired after a while. It's a 7.5 in my book.

Buyer's remorse about to kick in. Go listen to Bill DeMott

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Sunday there'll be 700 raucous fans giving Havoc the sort of reception most heels these days can only dream of, so I guess him being a 2edgy4u emo douchebag of a deathmatch wrestler who despises everyone and everything is working out pretty well.

Hey man, whatever works for you. I can't believe the Young Bucks are a thing still. Joke's on me.

Sephzilla

the core gameplay is basically the only thing that improves with 2k15, everything else goes way downhill

klonere

Banned

I do like the stamina system but trust me, you will come to despise the chain wrestling minigame. It becomes so repetitive and mindless and slows down singles matches so much.

Top Bottom