• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Heel

CKnv9NFW8AAZ2ut.jpg:large

Lookin' like grandma standing at the screen door in her sleeping robe 'cause you're 5 minutes past curfew.

RP912

Banned
Buyer's remorse about to kick in. Go listen to Bill DeMott

Didn't try out Career mode yet. Probably will just to take Geralt of Rivia to the top of NXT.

the core gameplay is basically the only thing that improves with 2k15, everything else goes way downhill

Pretty much. I'm not a fan of Yukes stripping out the content because bullshit reasons. The sale price justify the overall game to be honest...

I do like the stamina system but trust me, you will come to despise the chain wrestling minigame. It becomes so repetitive and mindless and slows down singles matches so much.

It's ok for what it is, I just hate the heaviness of the gameplay. Wrestlers move like goddamn tanks.

Toki767

I saw the Eva Marie match last night. She seemed decent. Only 2 really major things that I noticed that she really needs to work on but isn't impossible to overcome:

1. She applies and performs her moves incredibly slow like she's too afraid of messing up even the simplest armbar.
2. Her facial reactions are horrible. She started smiling or while putting the girl in an rest hold like she was glad she could finally relax for a bit. Every other time her face was basically the same whether she was on offense or she was getting hit.

For her first real match in a hostile crowd though, I think she did pretty well. It was a basic match, but it wasn't as offensive as something like Baron Corbin going out there squashing people and commentary trying to make it seem like he's way better than everyone else. Brian Kendrick deserves a raise for that.

UberTag

Hmmm... Lucha Underground not being renewed.
TNA bleeding money and on death's door.
WWE now trying to box out ROH with arena exclusive deals.

I can see what's happening here.

RP912

Banned

1. Lucha just need a better deal
2. TNA fucked themselves
3. ROH is like "oh ok".

They'll pull through and TNA will never die....
unfortunately

It's only a matter of time before the US's strong anti-trust laws force WWE to break up into smaller companies and we can have real oh god I can't even finish that sentence.

Striker

It's ok for what it is, I just hate the heaviness of the gameplay. Wrestlers move like goddamn tanks.
Have you played NBA 2K? Those games have the same heaviness, input lag filled gameplay. The versions of the Xbone/PS4 are quite different to the previous gen versions. 2K doesn't do the fast paced arcade style and it won't change.

2002 was fun, let's do it again.

Look, we're even gonna have another HHH Mania main event. And the biggest hyped match, which has the Rock in it, will be the main event this time. It's 2002 but better now!

Not gonna lie, back when WWE pissed me off and I was sick of it during the mid-late 2000s and I would just tune in every few months, TNA was actually really dumb good fun. And it actually hurts a little to see just how low they've fallen.

RP912

Banned
Have you played NBA 2K? Those games have the same heaviness, input lag filled gameplay. The versions of the Xbone/PS4 are quite different to the previous gen versions. 2K doesn't do the fast paced arcade style and it won't change.

Yeah I played the NBA 2K series and noticed throughout the years, the games feel heavy as hell. The 2K's before 14 felt more fast and flowed better. I guess the WWE games will follow suit with this silly trend.

It doesn't benefit him to check all his sources either way. It drives people to check out the news, and the company being dead is a hotter angle than it not being dead. Observer also reported the 'paid crowd members' stuff in LU that was never proven to be true nor untrue.

For me, it's about how far you'd have to stretch to find the motive. Meltzer isn't motivated to check his sources too strenuously, and he's been fed bad information before. When he does give out bad information, he can claim that it was because plans changed. In LU's case, LU takes up a fairly small part of the WON, and it has small viewing audience. So, he's not going to be pushed to check his sources.

However, he's probably getting fed information from at least more than one source. So, we have to compare the accounts of LU's continued existence from people who are directly connected to LU's continued existence for their livelihood to reports from a guy who won't be significantly impacted if LU goes under. The noise is loud enough that you can believe what you want in this case.

But I'll put an avatar bet that we don't see Lucha Underground season 2 on El Rey.

RP912

Banned
Not gonna lie, back when WWE pissed me off and I was sick of it during the mid-late 2000s and I would just tune in every few months, TNA was actually really dumb good fun. And it actually hurts a little to see just how low they've fallen.

I remember seeing the PPV ads for TNA and was like "nope". Midget matches, Jarrett, and Hogan all in one fucking event felt like overkill. It's bad enough WCW and ECW were gone. I ended up just playing the games and being off and on with the WWE. However, I did watch some CZW during the time and it was a doozy :/.

Alucard

Banned
What I've learned from this thread today:

-Daniel Bryan will never be allowed to wrestle in a WWE ring again (I'm ok with this)

-LU is pretty much dead in the water unless someone backs them and is willing to take on financial losses (I'm sad about this)

-The WWE are jackholes trying to take a financial cut out of ROH's pie by potentially asking to run arenas if the arenas promise not to run ROH shows (dick move by the WWE)

Gonzalez

Banned
Friends, what is the best pre-show match of the Pre-Show era?
The Shield(Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins) Vs. The Usos - Money In The Bank 2003

That's the match we have to thank for The Usos permanent push in the tag division. Regardless it's still a great match, and was my MOTN for that show.

klonere

Banned
ROH are really going to regret not going harder after capital injections to bring up the standard of the show/PPVs now. Been stagnant for too long and now New York is killing the territories again.

Angle wants to face Bryan in his (Angle's) retirement match.

Not even gonna make jokes, everything about that sentence makes too much sad sense to be made up

At some point you genuinely have too much faith in people liking the stuff they buy or air. Sometimes people just want to make money, and acknowledge there's an audience for it that will gladly give them money to see it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
At some point you genuinely have too much faith in people liking the stuff they buy or air. Sometimes people just want to make money, and acknowledge there's an audience for it that will gladly give them money to see it.
Sounds exactly like the sheetz.

The Shield(Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins) Vs. The Usos - Money In The Bank 2003

That's the match we have to thank for The Usos permanent push in the tag division. Regardless it's still a great match, and was my MOTN for that show.

Sorry, but as you say, the Usos subsequent push completely nullifies this from contention.

-Daniel Bryan will never be allowed to wrestle in a WWE ring again (I'm ok with this)

Which is bizarre since they have no trouble carting out Undertaker to go against Brock Lesnar. DB is not close to the draw Taker is but with the talk of how they need the subs you'd think they'd do anything and everything and at this point it's entirely up to them. Those lawsuits must really have them Legit Shook™

For the record, Meltzer never said that Lucha Underground was completely dead as a promotion. Just that they can't find the money to make another season like they had, which may cause them to not continue on. So yeah, when guys involved with LU say they are "working something out", they probably are. But that something isn't a second season with the same production values and quality of the first.

Top Bottom