• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
10724138_1643380442543029_862617007_n.jpg

From left to right: Konnan, Mike Chioda, Owen Hart, X-Pac

klonere

Banned

Owen......Wilson?

For the record, Meltzer never said that Lucha Underground was completely dead as a promotion. Just that they can't find the money to make another season like they had, which may cause them to not continue on. So yeah, when guys involved with LU say they are "working something out", they probably are. But that something isn't a second season with the same production values and quality of the first.

On Steve Austin's podcast Eric Van Wagonlad said they probably wouldn't run a second season if it wasn't to the standards of the first.

I guess they could do it but it'd really hurt one of the central hooks of the show :(

This makes me sad. He was a legend that still had like 15 years of feuds in him. There has to be an alternate universe where he and Rush would feud and it would be amazing

I dont even know who he is, I was talking about this post;

From old cool pictures thread

carny life style lives on today!

Just click the arrow to see the picture

Owen rocking the hell out of those Zebra pants...

Those are Zubaz pants, man. The pants every wrestler wore with their ribera steakhouse jacket and fanny packs

JavyOO7

Mike Chioda... man, I remember him refereeing since RAW debuted. Dude hits the mat so hard when he makes a count that he wears an elbow brace thing.

This Sunday there'll be 700 raucous fans giving Havoc the sort of reception most heels these days can only dream of, so I guess him being a 2edgy4u emo douchebag of a deathmatch wrestler who despises everyone and everything is working out pretty well.

Hardly, he's working in the prime of his career infront of 700 people and can't break out the small country I live in, although he does okay in Progress. He's like a Jimmy Jacobs AOTF try hard though. AKA awful, Jacobs is the shit.

Friends, what is the best pre-show match of the Pre-Show era?

Shield/Usos MITB pre show was like MOTYC, 2013 I think it was but it isn't on the Network for some reason!

Aiii

So not worth it
Daniel Bryan's co-author's constant mentioning of "beloved couple Braniel" is the only downside I can find in his book so far.

But I get it, he was following them leading up to Mania 30, when Bryan was so popular Brie must have seemed like a huge beloved star in New Orleans. But I don't think they were ever considered a beloved couple by anyone. In fact, all the stuff they did on camera, esp that Kane fued, was blood-boilingly bad.

Also, Braniel... Fucking Braniel.

The best line of the book so far was Bryan going "Of course not, they were magic fucking candles!" (Probably paraphrasing a bit here before the last three words)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Daniel Bryan's co-author's constant mentioning of "beloved couple Braniel" is the only downside I can find in his book so far.

But I get it, he was following them leading up to Mania 30, when Bryan was so popular Brie must have seemed like a huge beloved star in New Orleans. But I don't think they were ever considered a beloved couple by anyone. In fact, all the stuff they did on camera, esp that Kane fued, was blood-boilingly bad.

Also, Braniel... Fucking Braniel.

The best line of the book so far was Bryan going "Of course not, they were magic fucking candles!" (Probably paraphrasing a bit here before the last three words)
Why do you hate his wife who will tend for him in his later years(god-willing) so fervently?

somedevil

Here is the Daniel Bryan situation right now:

Daniel Bryan appeared on The Boomer & Carton show in New York City this morning to promote his new book and Bryan said he has 3 years left on his WWE contract but returning to the ring depends on getting medically cleared by WWE doctors.

Bryan stated that he has been cleared by a neurologist in Phoenix, who has worked in the NFL but he believes WWE officials are hesitant he could suffer another concussion and are being overly cautious.

So its up to the WWE if they want to clear him or not.

turrible

I'd honestly say save him for Rumble. give him a solid six or so months to just train, be comfortable. Run the ropes at NXT or something to see how he's feeling. The main roster is a little busy at the moment and I don't really see a place for Bryan unless you wanna throw him in that tag with Roman against the Wyatts or maybe he is the new Wyatt family member (lol). Yeah. Rumble is a good spot for him I think,

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

and it makes sense from wwe point of view to give it some time, he came back from an injury and got injured 10x worse give it some more time to make sure hes fully ok mentally and physically and see how it goes. hes lucky hes ok so fast to be honest and he really needs to sit back and think.

Has anyone seen the Dexter style Jimmy Havoc promo for the upcoming match with Ospreay? Lmao, most cringeworthy, embarrassingly lame thing I have EVER seen. How they could sanction it seriously is beyond me. The guy's actually terrible.

somedevil

and it makes sense from wwe point of view to give it some time, he came back from an injury and got injured 10x worse give it some more time to make sure hes fully ok mentally and physically and see how it goes. hes lucky hes ok so fast to be honest and he really needs to sit back and think.

He is physically fine right now. The neck and shoulder are good to go. I just hope they don't bring him back in December and we have the Royal Rumble debacle 3 years in a row.

He should hang up his boots and be a NXT trainer. No shame in that. He main event a Wrasslemania and saved the show. That's a great accomplishment.

I think if he comes back just give him a more relaxed schedule. Less house shows and just work Raw and the important thing work less stupid. Kill the headbutts and just kick people and become a MMA style technician.

He is physically fine right now. The neck and shoulder are good to go. I just hope they don't bring him back in December and we have the Royal Rumble debacle 3 years in a row.

I think if he comes back just give him a more relaxed schedule. Less house shows and just work Raw and the important thing work less stupid. Kill the headbutts and just kick people and become a MMA style technician.

Well, we don't actually know if he is fine, he says he is but then again, thought he was last time. The doctors need to clear him. Plus I think last time the best thing happened, he was injured away wrestling like he used to. I think that's really scared him and he'll be on a reduced schedule now, he just wants to be healthy and wrestle and I think WWE will allow him. I also think his talk with Austin will do him the world of good, and Michaels, both will be telling him some valuable advice for dealing with injury.

If he comes back soon, just get him to do submission based stuff rather than MMA, he could do without the striking knowing what he's like! Haha!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fun Scenario if D-Bry was cleared sometime later this year:

Have him on every single preshow panel in the fall season so that people won't expect anything when they hear he is at a show.

Have him train secretly at home. No Performance Center, no NXT, nothing.

Do this until Royal Rumble.

Have him on the preshow of that live event as well.

When Number 30 hits, play his music.

Zach

She is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen.

How about without makeup? It looks caked on. My friend who was watching with me last night said she looked dirty and she (the friend) just wanted her (Eva Marie) to take a bath. I'm not usually one to pile on about looks or anything, but I understand where she was coming from...

I'd honestly say save him for Rumble. give him a solid six or so months to just train, be comfortable. Run the ropes at NXT or something to see how he's feeling. The main roster is a little busy at the moment and I don't really see a place for Bryan unless you wanna throw him in that tag with Roman against the Wyatts or maybe he is the new Wyatt family member (lol). Yeah. Rumble is a good spot for him I think,

Sounds good to me. The Rumble return, that is.

Zach

Have him on every single preshow panel in the fall season so that people won't expect anything when they hear he is at a show.

Oooh, you're good. I like that.

Does he win?

Then he loses and everyone goes mad. Can't do it sadly, just cannot fucking do it. :(

Sorry to switch topic, but does anyone else think WWE are a bit scared to actually pull the trigger on Reigns? It's actually quite funny, since being relegated to high midcard status his confidence has shot back since 'Mania, but he's actually not done anything of note. Treading water like mad, I think they don't know what to do with him!

KissVibes

Banned
Is peaking in blind boxes at Target looking for an Iron Sheik mini figure a #DeadGiveaway? A friend is asking.

Hey, don't do this. Please. I know you probably don't care but we literally can't sell them after you look inside them and the person that works closest to toys is blamed and yelled at when these stupid blind boxes are opened. I don't enjoy being forced to coach a team member because people like to open stuff out of their control and it sucks for the one coached because it can keep them from raises and various promotions.

Hardly, he's working in the prime of his career infront of 700 people and can't break out the small country I live in, although he does okay in Progress.

Hah, yeah, he does okay. Since his heel turn in PROGRESS, since he's tried to show some creativity (as cringe-worthy as you may find it), he's already been booked in more promotions this year than at any other point in his career, so he must be doing something right. The British wrestling scene may be comparatively small, may be largely ignored by the wider wrestling world, but there are few in this country who can get a reaction like Havoc can in PROGRESS.

Top Bottom