• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
They cover the NFL training camp and preseason like it mattered, so...

All of their wrestling coverage is about how it is a staged athletic event. It's not like they haven't covered this shit before. Tyson on WWF was covered, so were Rodman and Mallone on WCW (Leno was too!)

Pretty sure they covered Mayweather versus Show and they've selectively covered events concerning Brock Lesnar since his return.

Yeah, I understand them covering individual matches or segments, but this in theory would be covering the whole event. Like sending a crew out to cover it on-site and hyping it up. Seems like a big leap from just showing a highlight once in a blue moon.

Cagey

Banned
They cover the NFL training camp and preseason like it mattered, so...

All of their wrestling coverage is about how it is a staged athletic event. It's not like they haven't covered this shit before. Tyson on WWF was covered, so were Rodman and Mallone on WCW (Leno was too!)

Pretty sure they covered Mayweather versus Show and they've selectively covered events concerning Brock Lesnar since his return.
Training camp and preseason matter greatly and ESPN coverage is neither wide nor deep enough to comprehensively report on the goings-on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Training camp and preseason matter greatly and ESPN coverage is neither wide nor deep enough to comprehensively report on the goings-on.

Pfft. ESPN used to have enough staff to cover all that plus do Baseball justice in August, which is still the second least busy sports month outside of July.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember when that premiered. It was shitty even back then, full of obvious stuff that anyone watching wrasslin could figure out on their own. Plus their finishers are LAME.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best part of that expose are the fake wrassler names. All American Boy? Skullduggery? These guys could be WMAC Masters!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yo, who's trying to ruin Christmas in here? You going to tell your 3-year-old kids that dad buys the gifts too?

Of course! I want credit for my hard work! The only reason to teach kids about Santa Claus is so that you don't get that call/note from the teacher saying that your kid ruined Kayfabe in their early educational years.

TNA's done another bunch of matches, all of this and last night's for One Night Onlys, Xplosions, and Impacts. They weren't fucking around with these 8 days of tapings, 2 days in and already 40 matches done

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA's done another bunch of matches, all of this and last night's for One Night Onlys, Xplosions, and Impacts. They weren't fucking around with these 8 days of tapings, 2 days in and already 40 matches done

Anyone compiled the spoilers yet? This I gotta see (and promptly forget about unless it is something huge)

Hopefully another talent they bring in can breach contract and we can have more clip shows!

Anyone compiled the spoilers yet? This I gotta see (and promptly forget about unless it is something huge)

Hopefully another talent they bring in can breach contract and we can have more clip shows!

Drew Galloway pinned Bram.
Rockstar Spud pinned Grado.
Awesome Kong pinned Madison Rayne.
EC3 and Austin Aries ended in a time limit draw.
Bobby Roode pinned James Storm.
Abyss pinned Eric Young with the BHS.
Matt Hardy beat Davey Richards.
Brooke Tessmacher beat Gail Kim.
Kenny King beat local jobber.
DJ Z beat Tigre Uno.
Tyrus beat Chris Melendez.
Micah beat Eli Drake.
Robbie E beat Eddie Edwards.
* Jessie Godderz defeated Crimson
* Manik defeated Mark Andrews
* Mahabali Shera defeated Crazzy Steve
* Drew Galloway defeated Grado
* Eric Young came out and cut a promo on how he would be the tournament winner
* EY defeated Bobby Roode
* Bram defeated Spud but demanded the match be restarted so he could continue the punishment. It was restarted and Spud quickly won
* Bobby Lashley defeated Mr. Anderson
* Bram defeated Grado
* Austin Aries defeated Mr. Anderson in a tournament match
* Bobby Lashley defeated Drew Galloway
* Matt Hardy defeated Robbie E
* Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards wrestled to a time limit draw in an exhibition match
* Bobby Roode defeated Abyss
* Tigre Uno defeated Mark Andrews
* Eli Drake defeated Jessie Godderz
* Gail Kim defeated Madison Rayne
* Eric Young defeated James Storm. Young cut a promo and said he's quitting the tournament
* Aiden O'Shea defeated Crazzy Steve
* Mahabali Shera defeated Kenny King and will face Tommy Dreamer at Genesis
* Bobby Lashley defeated Austin Aries
* Manik defeated DJ Zema Ion
* Matt Hardy defeated Eddie Edwards
* Micah defeated Crimson
* Davey Richards defeated Bram
* Drew Galloway defeated Rockstar Spud
* EC3 defeated Mr. Anderson in the main event

Man God

Non-Canon Member
HOLY CRAP.

I wonder if they're actually gonna do BFG this year. Might as well if they're going to do this crazy amount of wrestling. These crowds are going to be GARBAGE.

Wow, why are the Bella's acting so face-ish on Smackdown?

I guess they want Team Bad to be positioned as the most heel-ish. They've been heels in every match-up. I guess the Bellas are the tweeners in the sense that they are heels compared to Paige's team and faces compared to Team Bad.

* Eric Young came out and cut a promo on how he would be the tournament winner
* Eric Young defeated James Storm. Young cut a promo and said he's quitting the tournament

bruh

As bad as TNA gets, I don't think they'll have a show as bad as New Blood Rising. There was only one redeeming thing on that show, and even it was brought down by a mind-numbingly stupid idea.

tN5A976.jpg

Top Bottom