• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
Eva Marie is pretty pretty. Becky Lynch seems like she'd be the most fun to date based on her kayfabe character.

#MorePatheticThanAnime

I'm confused with all the omplaints about Owens being "just another guy"..what exactly should he be doing right now? Feuding with the heel World Champion? Fighting and beating Lesnar three months into the company? Then what? THERE IS NO MORE OVER FACE THAN JOHN CENA.

Truth is, I think a lot of those complaints would disappear if he was booked the EXACT same way, but he had won the Rubber match with Cena and was the U.S. Champion. Which means the whining goes from "he's being booked poorly" to "my favourite didn't win".

The thing is the WWE does this with a ton of guys. They start off hot, then get treated like everyone else, don't get over, and get forgotten about. Its happening to Reigns and Ambrose now and if they don't put Owens into some kind of hot angle it'll happen to him too.

swv4rOX.gif

Lol perfect

DMczaf

I always knew Cena was a shooter #ShootNation

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/07/22/amy-schumer-john-cena-trainwreck-sex-scene-interview/

Well, that’s awkward! Amy Schumer didn’t hold anything back while discussing her new film ‘Trainwreck’ in Australia on July 21. Turns out, her sex scene with professional wrestler John Cena got a little too real for comfort. Or was it?
Get ready, because our favorite funny girl is at it again! Amy Schumer, 34, left the hosts of Australia’s The Project talk show in stitches on July 21 when she revealed some rather revealing details about her buzzed-about sex scene with professional wrestler John Cena, 38, in the new film Trainwreck. Turns out, Cena wasn’t exactly acting during the scene’s taping — he was “actually doing…it!” Get the full joking details of the interview here!

When asked how she was able to keep a straight face during the awkward bedroom scene Schumer admitted jokingly that it wasn’t too difficult given the fact that the WWE star had completely forgotten that he was supposed to be acting. “He was actually inside me,” Amy replied. “Apparently wrestlers, they’re not faking!” “He didn’t understand the whole acting thing,” pipped in her comedic partner-in-crime Bill Hader, “it was his first sex scene.”

tumblr_njmp9qhQGJ1r6glglo2_250.gif

jred2k

I just listened through a full Jim Ross podcast for the first time today. Doea he regularly cut promos on himself and do impressions at the end? That is worth the price of admission alone(Free98, fellas).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just listened through a full Jim Ross podcast for the first time today. Doea he regularly cut promos on himself and do impressions at the end? That is worth the price of admission alone(Free98, fellas).

Jim Ross...is exposing the business? Damn I cannot believe it. I've worked myself into a shoot.

dream

I was talking to strobo, as Heel and I often do, and we came up with an interesting question. Assume that we subscribe to Christian orthodoxy. Of all the dead wrestlers in history, how many do you think are in heaven? How many do you think actually lived a life worthy of entrance beyond St. Peter's gates? The only one I can think of is Owen, who was a virtuous man, even when on the road. The rest of them are straight scumbags.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
NoRéN;172823255 said:
Is it possibly to shoot yourself into a work?

Not by yourself.

I was talking to strobo, as Heel and I often do, and we came up with an interesting question. Assume that we subscribe to Christian orthodoxy. Of all the dead wrestlers in history, how many do you think are in heaven? How many do you think actually lived a life worthy of entrance beyond St. Peter's gates? The only one I can think of is Owen, who was a virtuous man, even when on the road. The rest of them are straight scumbags.

Andre.

no way

Savage? Bam Bam?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Either she's telling the truth, as comedians are wont to do or she said it for the obvious I thought wrestling is fake joke. Which is more believable?

Savage has a history of domestic abuse and Bam-Bam does too, but he did save those people. Bam-Bam probably cartwheeled through the pearly gates.

I haven't heard any crazy bad stories about Dusty, outside of not being around as much as he should've for his kids. Makes me wonder what Benoit is up to tho

dream

Andre loved the whores, boss. Bam Bam might be there though, if only because he saved kids from a burning house.

JavyOO7

Hey guys, is there a faster way to download the podcasts in figure four / wrestling observer. I'm now just two weeks behind and noticed a slight change in how to download their podcasts on their site... now you have to click an additional page before clicking on the download link.

Yea, he does. I listened this week because of John Pollock after a long absence.

Ross is so into getting "his" idea over about Ronda Rousey being at Wrestlemania Texas. It feels like he says it so much anytime Rousey and WWE are mentioned you are obligated to say how it's Ross' idea to have her at the next WM.

Has he ever gone into detail about Lucha Underground? The only things I've heard him say for months and months are he likes the vignettes and once said he likes Prince "Peew-ma." With all the good booking, heels acting like heels, and storytelling, not to mention the wrestling, I'd think he would have more to say... unless he really doesn't watch it at all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Next week the WWE is going to hire back Dean Douglas only to humiliate him! Bret will get another placeholder title run! We'll be running on Diesel Power!

Either she's telling the truth, as comedians are wont to do or she said it for the obvious I thought wrestling is fake joke. Which is more believable?

Savage has a history of domestic abuse and Bam-Bam does too, but he did save those people. Bam-Bam probably cartwheeled through the pearly gates.

The former. It's just like Bill Murray and George Carlin. The best comedy is the stuff that's the truth, but which nobody will ever believe because it sounds too ridiculous to be legit.

It's the whole reason Murray spends his free time covering people's eyes in parks, showing up uninvited to fans' weddings, laughing at Aykroyd's face everytime he tries to get him to join his shit NuGhostbusters ideas, and putting the script copies through paper shredders and mailing it back to the original studio. If that stuff happened to you, you'd never be able to convince even your own family it really happened. Which is why it really happened.

Apparently Coachman is trying to get ESPN to cover Summerslam like a big sporting event, and they just might do it. Seeing WM highlights on there was weird enough. Seeing them covering the whole event like it's a big deal would be really strange.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Apparently Coachman is trying to get ESPN to cover Summerslam like a big sporting event, and they just might do it. Seeing WM highlights on there was weird enough. Seeing them covering the whole event like it's a big deal would be really strange.

August is super fucking dull for sports coverage most years. SS is a big enough event, Brock is a legitimate sports star. Maybe get another athlete or two on there.

August is super fucking dull for sports coverage most years. SS is a big enough event, Brock is a legitimate sports star. Maybe get another athlete or two on there.

Would they cover it from a performance perspective, or would they try to kayfabe everyone? I just struggle to see how it fits with the rest of ESPN's coverage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They cover the NFL training camp and preseason like it mattered, so...

All of their wrestling coverage is about how it is a staged athletic event. It's not like they haven't covered this shit before. Tyson on WWF was covered, so were Rodman and Mallone on WCW (Leno was too!)

Pretty sure they covered Mayweather versus Show and they've selectively covered events concerning Brock Lesnar since his return.

Top Bottom