• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, they're making a documentary for Punk's debut up to and including his first fight. That's gonna be fun.

Alucard

Banned
National Inquirer dropped a video with Hogan dropping the N word

WWE have Benoit'd Hogan from Tough Enough and the WWE website.

I'm assuming the Michael Jordan Hogan gif was posted.

Dammit, Hogan. But wow, WWE. "We're gettin' the fuck out of here!"

So...is Tough Enough just going to abruptly end?

Guzim

Guzim is taller and thicker than Daniel Bryan.
Haha, that is the first thing everyone has been saying.
That mom and daughter behind you are not impressed.
People were walking in the store looking very confused as to why there was a lot of people lined up.
Did you get him to sign your book using the phrase "Legit Shook" ?
I wish, haha. I talked to him really quickly about him living with Nakamura. Bryan immediately started laughing and said it was awesome.
👍👍 Which Manhattan Barnes & Noble?

That little girl behind you seems displeased.
Stamford, CT. Home of Titan Towers!
Guzim brother you're more JACKED and ready to wrestle than that guy next to you!

Was he nice? Or did he sound like he hated his life?
Thanks Sunny! I've actually started to work out. Over the past year, I became really displeased with how my body looked, and I do not have a lot of strength. I've been watching what I eat, and I stopped drinking alcohol and soda. It's going to take a lot of time, but I have plenty of time too.

As for Bryan, he was very nice. You could tell he seemed blown away that there were so many people there for him regarding a book.
Should've challenged his weak arm to an arm wrestling match
It would have been a stalemate since my arms are weak too, haha.

xHV0EyH.png

OctoMan

Banned
Shame is with Hogan that he is such a compulsive liar that anything he says in defense or explaining anything can't be taken seriously.

At least Curtis Axel can drop that stupid gimmick.
And do what? Get future endeavored now? That was the best thing to ever happen to Axel

DMczaf

Remember friends

In a deposition in the Terry Bollea vs. Gawker lawsuit, Bollea was depositioned, and this was hilarious. Q. Do you believe you have a reputation for honesty? A. Yes. Q. For being a straight shooter? A. Yes. Q. For telling it like it is? A. I don't know about that one.

Totally forgot ROH had an iPPV tonight...is it weird that the match I'm most looking forward to is Dalton Castle vs Adam Cole? It looks like a good card from top to bottom, but I'm not really hyped for any of the storyline stuff like Lethal vs Strong or ACH vs Page. The 4-way tag elimination match should be a lot of fun though, plus Briscoes vs RPG Vice should certainly be interesting.

Woke up from a fucking heavy night of drinking and French women talking French while pouring me whine and I am about to shit myself stupid at this Hogan news.

NXx24Jb.jpg

Super Delfin announced the foundation of his new promotion "Kaisen Puroresu" (Seafood Pro-Wrestling) at a press conference in Sakai City, Osaka today. The goal of his new project is to boost the culture of seafood in the southern region of the Osaka prefecture. Therefore the wrestlers will get sea themed gimmicks like his. There will be tuna, shrimp and octopuses.

Fox318

Still better than being a black or Asian female wrestler in WWE, I suppose.

That's what I mean.

Unless you are a white male, a member of Vince's family, or a member of the Anoaʻi family you go through so much workplace harassment.

thefro

He's actually been feuding with Bruuti lately. Must have rejoined the Dungeon of Doom.

Drunken Ric Flair on his podcast said Brother Bruti took out a multi-million dollar loan from Hogan and didn't pay it back, and then tried to steal Hogan's jewelry from his house.

klonere

Banned
NXx24Jb.jpg

Super Delfin announced the foundation of his new promotion "Kaisen Puroresu" (Seafood Pro-Wrestling) at a press conference in Sakai City, Osaka today. The goal of his new project is to boost the culture of seafood in the southern region of the Osaka prefecture. Therefore the wrestlers will get sea themed gimmicks like his. There will be tuna, shrimp and octopuses.

Can't wait for that AJPW star SUSHI show up in this promotion

Aiii

So not worth it
That's what I mean.

Unless you are a white male, a member of Vince's family, or a member of the Anoaʻi family you go through so much workplace harassment.

Latino's also seem to be relatively okay, Mysterio, Bellas, AJ, Del Rio. If you ignore that whole Del Rio thing, of course.

Apparently they're only racist when there isn't a big demo behind whatever race you happen to be.

GhaleonQ

New Punk interview for those who are interested. Punk and AJ's dug is pretty cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvgwnzJOLo

They touch a little on AJ leaving, said that there were people making things difficult for her, so she left. Also Bryan text Punk after his announcement, that's about it for rasslin' talk.

I live in Milwaukee now and really do love the city, but it's weird to hear people who've traveled the entire world, 1 of them from Chicago, say they "fell in love" with it.

Ithil

I wouldn't say their Latino treatment is good at all. Mainly because they don't understand that audience at all, even though it's a huge part of their viewership, and they don't try to.

Fox318

Latino's also seem to be relatively okay, Mysterio, Bellas, AJ, Del Rio. If you ignore that whole Del Rio thing, of course.

Apparently they're only racist when there isn't a big demo behind whatever race you happen to be.

Their treatment of Latino's is horrible.

Hell look at how they sabotaged Rey's WHC run.

Kalisto and Hunico stopped getting a push because of their fucking height.

Del Rio should have taken the WWE to court for workplace discrimination instead of punching that asshole.

Gonzalez

Banned

Del Rio should have taken the WWE to court for workplace discrimination instead of punching that asshole.
Seth Rollins is their World Champ, though.

Striker

Latino's also seem to be relatively okay, Mysterio, Bellas, AJ, Del Rio. If you ignore that whole Del Rio thing, of course..
Only if you're looking at it from the public eye. You think the ADR/social media guy fiasco was the first and only time they've had people making "jokes" like that? And WWE lets them get away with it, because Triple H is one of the culprits.

The whole situation is ridiculous because the WWE has been run by many of these types of people for decades.

thefro

I wouldn't say their Latino treatment is good at all. Mainly because they don't understand that audience at all, even though it's a huge part of their viewership, and they don't try to.

I'd say it's gotten marginally better than the 2000s when you had:
- Mexicools riding "Juan Deere" lawnmowers to the ring
- Eddy stealing stuff, riding lowriders, and JBL threatening to deport him
- Chavo's Kerwin White gimmick

Still a long way to go though and clearly there's a lot of people like Michael Hayes backstage who are racists

Aiii

So not worth it

Who is the last black person not named The Rock that got a WHC run? I never said their treatment was great, it's just not as limiting as being Black or Asian.

People not getting pushed because of their height is not a race thing, as they do that to white people too.

klonere

Banned
Who is the last black person not named The Rock that got a WHC run? I never said their treatment was great, it's just not as limiting as being Black or Asian.

People not getting pushed because of their height is not a race thing, as they do that to white people too.

Bobber Lashers probably would have been a WHC if it wasn't for him being way too green for a rocket fuel push.

If only he had gotten time to explore his character and get more experience like say....The Rock!!

klonere

Banned
I recently watched the HHH Booker T feud on the Network and my god that whole thing is just disgusting top to bottom. I mean it comes quite close to being as bad as Hulk's comments, if not worse.

But I guess its okay because they are """"actors""""" playing """"characters"""" reading from a """script"""" approved by a man who """admires""" MLK.

Top Bottom