• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Fox318

Just caught up with everything. Disappointed with the Hogan shit. I'm glad I didn't buy that Hulkamania t-shirt I was thinking of getting during the battleground BTGO promo.

Will this really change the WWE? I say I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully Axel and Sandow can get something better to do other than that awful mega powers gimmick.

For Tough Enough they should move Jericho to the judging panel and have The Miz host the show. He does well enough on Tough Talk. I would rather seem Jericho give his criticisms to everyone. Another option would be to have one of the coaches or rotate them each week. As they are with them every day in training I would prefer the coaches to another random wwe star. It would've been interesting to see a guy like Mick Foley as a judge from the start though.

The saddest thing is wwe will probably continue to wwe along as they have been going like nothing ever happened.

They should get Curtis Axel to sit in hulk character and and do nothing but talk about how he misses Patrick.

Mahonay

Banned
They'd be around for Tough Talk, which is probably the best WWE show on air right now.
I've heard that's been good. I'll have to check it out. I've just stayed away from anything Tough Enough since enough of my life is wasted watching WWE's normal wrestling programs, which are shitty enough on their own.

Kinda funny how the casual/former fans in the other thread are losing their minds and their childhoods are being ruined and it's just another day for us here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ultraviolence was good, but we worked last month without about half of our Hall of Shamers. Goes a long way when discussion is stifled.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kinda funny how the casual/former fans in the other thread are losing their minds and their childhoods are being ruined and it's just another day for us here.

Honestly, after all the shit we've been through, it's hard to get too rattled. So many childhood heroes fell off their pedestal...

And really, after what Benoit did, it's impossible anythings ever gonna top that on the terribleness scale.

Xater

Honestly, after all the shit we've been through, it's hard to get too rattled. So many childhood heroes fell off their pedestal...

And really, after what Benoit did, it's impossible anythings ever gonna top that on the terribleness scale.

You'd think it's common knowledge that Hogan always was a dick.

Sephzilla

I'm upset by it but I didn't grow up a Hogan mark so I'm not super rattled by it. I didn't really become a Hogan fan until his Undisputed Champ run. If this shit came from Bret Hart's mouth I'd be crushed though.

Yeah, Benoit desensitized me to wrestlers doing terrible things, everything else feels minor compared to that

Browny

Banned

Moving away from wrasslin', we in the UK have seen about two dozen "household names of entertainment" getting locked up for various unsavoury activities. Although most of them were cunts anyway, it's still not great for the memories...

Iceman829

They should get Curtis Axel to sit in hulk character and and do nothing but talk about how he misses Patrick.

This made me laugh while I was eating. I liked Patrick I just think he's still growing up. I hope he finds his way into the business as you could tell how much he loved it.

Just get rid of the panel of judges and make Austin the sole judge.

Didn't the BSR production crew just go on strike? Fly him in now!

Axel and Sandow could switch things up and become a Demolition knockoff - Axe and Smashdow.

I would be game for that. Plus the Ascension needs someone to beat them up.

RP912

Banned
The thing about the Hogan situation is the fact that it came out of no where. Honestly, I'm not even surprised or blown about the situation. In fact, I would have been more upset if I found out Macho man was a raging bigot than Hogan, because I already know Hogan is a egotistical piece of shit.

At the end of the day, I'm going to watch his matches along with Been Yahs because I'm still a wrestling fan at heart, despite the business being a slowly baked shit show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was talking to strobo, as Heel and I often do, and we came up with an interesting question. Assume that we subscribe to Christian orthodoxy. Of all the dead wrestlers in history, how many do you think are in heaven? How many do you think actually lived a life worthy of entrance beyond St. Peter's gates? The only one I can think of is Owen, who was a virtuous man, even when on the road. The rest of them are straight scumbags.

hqdefault.jpg

That's all I could think of after 2 hours of thought.

miserable

I'm upset by it but I didn't grow up a Hogan mark so I'm not super rattled by it. I didn't really become a Hogan fan until his Undisputed Champ run. If this shit came from Bret Hart's mouth I'd be crushed though.

don't worry friend, The Hitman is not racist, only an adulterer, but that's ok because Cena is too so it's not something to hold against him

Alucard

Banned
I'm also not shocked by the Hogan news. There was an initial "wtf?" reaction, but I stepped off the Hogan fan train long ago. Guy is a straight up bullshitter and egomaniac.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was talking to strobo, as Heel and I often do, and we came up with an interesting question. Assume that we subscribe to Christian orthodoxy. Of all the dead wrestlers in history, how many do you think are in heaven? How many do you think actually lived a life worthy of entrance beyond St. Peter's gates? The only one I can think of is Owen, who was a virtuous man, even when on the road. The rest of them are straight scumbags.

Thanks for digging this up.

I think John Cena has. But you're talking about those that are dead...Cena can still fumble it.

Among the dead, maybe just Lou Thesz.

Once you've been through the Benoit saga, nothing can surprise you.

Wrestling attracts tragedies like cat hair to a black sweater.

let's suppose the almighty has decided "aight aight, I guess adultery for you carny fucks is understandable. Even though my son withstood temptation in the desert and on the cross, I get that it's been like 2000 years and y'all kinda pussies now"

that would open up the gates to a lot more.

the hulkster still wouldn't make it in, doe 8)

Top Bottom