• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

dream

“Yoko was gangster. I went to L.A. with him once and he was like the godfather of South Central. He was telling me stories about him sneaking drugs through airport security. He was well connected. He was a gangster. I looked up to him a lot. He loved my character in the nWo and we were actually going to get him to come in as a Samoan gangster and have my back.”

If you read between the lines, particularly with the "South Central" and "well-connected" part, Yokozuna probably ordered many murders, some of which he probably committed personally.

klonere

Banned
Dream is my best friend, I would appreciate if you all address his argument rather than his character.

Thank you.

No I don't think its fair to say that every single wrestler who ever lived was a scumbag

Let's say your only real downfall is addiction.

Still a scumbag? Eddie for example.

From what I know he didn't cheat on his wife, beat his kids, etc.

Depends on what kinda person you are. You could say that he was weak, didn't think about the consequences of his actions, no matter the environment he found himself in and let the addiction deprive that same family of a father, husband, brother etc etc. That's an indictment of Eddie on a personal level.

Or you could say that he was so driven to stay the very best in a business where his genetics did not give him the right cards when it came to his body that drove him to addiction. The accepted role of steroids in the in the business would have softened concept of being addicted to him. That is more an indictment of the industry than Eddie.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Steve O loves getting the shit kicked out of him though.

Also, to get kicked in the balls by teenage girls, apparently...
ARFjWlB.gif
Jesus, Sansa.

jmdajr

Depends on what kinda person you are. You could say that he was weak, didn't think about the consequences of his actions, no matter the environment he found himself in and let the addiction deprive that same family of a father, husband, brother etc etc. That's an indictment of Eddie on a personal level.

Or you could say that he was so driven to stay the very best in a business where his genetics did not give him the right cards when it came to his body that drove him to addiction. The accepted role of steroids in the in the business would have softened concept of being addicted to him. That is more an indictment of the industry than Eddie.

I hear ya

dream

I agree that it's a question of nature vs. nurture. I don't believe that wrestlers--or anyone--are born bad. For someone like Eddie, the toxic environment that he was immersed him turned him into a broken down, drug addicted conman. And that is absolutely the fault of professional wrestling, which, despite its corporate, philanthropic, family-friendly makeover, is still predicated on pumping kids up so that they can be abused 200 nights out of the year. It's a shitty, inhumane business. But that doesn't absolve pro wrestlers of being shitty, inhumane people--it just gives an explanation for their abhorrent character.

Zach

Are you going to believe Ric Flair over Teddy Long and Gary Hart?

No. What did Gary Hart say? And I'm just wondering if Flair's racism is enduring or if it was just some '80s ignorance that he's distanced himself from. People can change, right? Right?!

I dunno. It's like Jim Ross. Everyone says he's a racist, but he doesn't seem like it to me. He may have some ingrained prejudices, but it seems like he actively tries to do what's right and not discriminate.

I'm just babbling here. All I'm saying is Hogan is innocent.

jk, bros.

David Bixenspan is drawing the same conclusions on Twitter as I was: the leak probably came from people to whom the Hogan tapes were shopped, not necessarily Gawker.

what people are those?

Other outlets (what are the celebrity dirt sheets these days other than Gawker and the Enquirer?), though maybe not the Enquirer since the Enquirer doesn't actually come out and say that they had the videos or clips. They're reporting from "sources."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I must have watched Bret Hart snaps at least 20 times by now, and every time 'I don't know shit crybaby' still makes me laugh

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh man, excellent.

"HEY PHIL? PHIL? I..."

"what was your question?"

"ARE YOU...PHIL ARE YOU READY?"

"ready for...?"

"ARE YOU READY FOR THE FIGHT? AGAINST UH...WHO"

Speaking of...
tumblr_ns05jyexIj1s04nqbo2_1280.png

Might be abs and the pose, but AJ's looking a bit large around the belly there.

Punk as a father should be entertaining, maybe he'll finally stop lashing out at dumb people on Twitter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW on Spotify has reinforced how good Billy Kidman's themes are.
How does Billy Kidman keep getting so many good themes despite being so lame?

Cagey

Banned
Speaking of...

Punk as a father should be entertaining, maybe he'll finally stop lashing out at dumb people on Twitter.

AJ should keep her eye on CM Shepunk standing behind her.

Kaladin

Speaking of...

I've noticed both AJ and Bailey have sharp knees.

11794092_862821320434100_1817202530172489394_o.jpg

GJ TNA - http://pwinsider.com/article/95384/another-major-name-gone-from-tna.html?p=1

ANOTHER MAJOR NAME GONE FROM TNA
By Mike Johnson on 2015-07-24 11:05:52
Bully Ray, who JUST returned to TNA TV as the new GM brought in by Dixie Carter, is already gone from the company.

Ray hasn't been at any of the TV Tapings that are currently being held in Orlando, Florida (where he lives) and when people started asking where he was (since he lives locally in the area and the Team 3D Wrestling Academy is located there as well), word began making the rounds that he was gone.

The story I heard this morning is that Ray told the company he was done as he wasn't happy with the current state of affairs of the company and felt it was better to distance himself. Obviously, he was working on a per appearance deal and wasn't under contract.

Nonetheless, it has to be seen as a negative when TNA spends an entire week building up his return on TV and then he almost immediately quits the company. How they will handle his departure from a creative standpoint remains to be seen.

Kaladin

GJ TNA - http://pwinsider.com/article/95384/another-major-name-gone-from-tna.html?p=1

ANOTHER MAJOR NAME GONE FROM TNA
By Mike Johnson on 2015-07-24 11:05:52
Bully Ray, who JUST returned to TNA TV as the new GM brought in by Dixie Carter, is already gone from the company.

Ray hasn't been at any of the TV Tapings that are currently being held in Orlando, Florida (where he lives) and when people started asking where he was (since he lives locally in the area and the Team 3D Wrestling Academy is located there as well), word began making the rounds that he was gone.

The story I heard this morning is that Ray told the company he was done as he wasn't happy with the current state of affairs of the company and felt it was better to distance himself. Obviously, he was working on a per appearance deal and wasn't under contract.

Nonetheless, it has to be seen as a negative when TNA spends an entire week building up his return on TV and then he almost immediately quits the company. How they will handle his departure from a creative standpoint remains to be seen.

When someone posted that match listings from the recent tapings you could see how thin their roster has become lately. It is by definition bare bones.

It's pretty fucking sad man. I'm shook. I know he was no saint especially with all the backstage politics bullshit..but this is another level.

I am always so incredibly bored when I see him on TV. I just don't care about him at all, but you guys all go bananas over his shtick. I guess it was just a generation thing, but I can't ever see him doing the Hogan thing in a wrestling ring again. Wonder if he will ever get booed or if people are too much of ass-kissing fanboys to care.

Ric Flair called Teddy Long a n*gger too. Guess he just hid his racism better than Hogan.

Top Bottom