• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you really want to get into the nitty gritty of wrestlers being pricks, it's kind of amazing that Kevin Nash is one of the most hated guys in wrestling when the worst thing he's done is looked out for number 1.

As opposed to Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan being horrible racists or the Von Erichs torturing dogs or whatever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As opposed to Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan being horrible racists or the Von Erichs torturing dogs or whatever.

Man, I don't wanna hear that the Von Erichs did that. I'm going to pretend it didn't happen. Fuck, that's terrible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just heard Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton talking about an incident they witnessed in WCCW. They said they were in an arena that was really cold and they were pouring rubbing alcohol on the concrete and lighting it just to get warm. They said a stray cat came in and that Kevin Von Erich picked it up and was petting it and saying "good kitty". Tommy said the boys weren't paying any attention. Then Kevin stood up and took the cat and slammed it as hard as he could into the concrete. He said that the cat was convulsing and had blood coming out of it mouth. He then said Kevin picked up a saw blade (circular saw) and went outside. He layed the cat in the grass and then proceeded to throw the blade at the cat cutting it up and mangling it. He then came back in the dressing room and with the bloody mangled cat and took it by the tail and swung it over his head and then slammed it against the wall. I heard Jack Victory tell the same story.
I've seen the Tommy Rogers and Bobby Fulton shoot too.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;172871225 said:
does anyone actually think it'll happen?

He's fat and old and they've already got samoa joe down in NXT for that role.

only one of the TLC six that could conceivably still have a wwe go is Jeff, maybe.

According to da dirt sheets he was going to work the NXT tapings in philly but had a busted eardrum and called them up, telling them his balanced was fucked and his performance would suffer.

dream

That's why I always laugh when wrestlers die and get the old "they were great people who died too young" spiel. No they weren't. They were all scumbags who, one way or another, contributed to their own early deaths.

jmdajr

If the Hulkster's dirty laundry is going out to air, EVERYONE'S is. Because wrestling is disgusting, and the WWE trying to act like they're not the same cloth is pathetic.

WWE doesn't have a monopoly on racism in wrestling.

It makes no sense for WWE not to make that statement though. They have to.

Mahonay

Banned
The thing about the Hogan situation is the fact that it came out of no where. Honestly, I'm not even surprised or blown about the situation. In fact, I would have been more upset if I found out Macho man was a raging bigot than Hogan, because I already know Hogan is a egotistical piece of shit.

At the end of the day, I'm going to watch his matches along with Been Yahs because I'm still a wrestling fan at heart, despite the business being a slowly baked shit show.
Yeah, came out of nowhere...
(From his restaurant in Tampa)
p6iJaa3.jpg

klonere

Banned
All your childhood heroes were probably horrible human beings. The British government being complicit in the coverup of pedophiles within it and with other noted figures like Jimmy Saville. The whole Bill Cosby thing. Michael Jackson. OJ Simpson.

When shit hits the fan, is you still a fan?

Raw64life

Just remembering now, although Paige was the one that but Patrick in the bottom 3 on TE, Hogan said immediately after that she took his pick. He was gunning for Patrick, brother.

jmdajr

All your childhood heroes were probably horrible human beings. The British government being complicit in the coverup of pedophiles within it and with other noted figures like Jimmy Saville. The whole Bill Cosby thing. Michael Jackson. OJ Simpson.

When shit hits the fan, is you still a fan?

I had a royal rumble poster that had chris benoit on it on the wall. He was just one of many wrestlers.

Had to take it down though. I couldn't stand looking at it. Haven't watched him in a match since.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE doesn't have a monopoly on racism in wrestling.

It makes no sense for WWE not to make that statement though. They have to.

Because their statement could have been a lot better. Acknowledging that pro wrestling used to be a breeding ground for this stuff, but that they're making strives to change how it is and that this old kind of behavior won't be tolerated.

Instead, in usual WWE fashion, they shove the accused away from them and say 'I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT' (just like they did when Nash got into a fight with his son) meanwhile they still mock Mexicans backstage, they still celebrate 'Samoan savages', they'll still have Vince McMahon have a 'hilarious segment' where he uses the N word. They'll still ignore their years of mistreatment of black talent and continue to work with and for racists as long as they don't get outed by a major media publication.

The company has NO desire to change unless it involves them being publicly embarrassed beforehand.
Jesus fuck, what the hell happened to the Von Erichs growing up?
Their father was the wrestling equivalent of a pageant mother.

jmdajr

Because their statement could have been a lot better. Acknowledging that pro wrestling used to be a breeding ground for this stuff, but that they're making strives to change how it is and that this old kind of behavior won't be tolerated.

Wishful thinking.

Mizerman

Honestly, after all the shit we've been through, it's hard to get too rattled. So many childhood heroes fell off their pedestal...

And really, after what Benoit did, it's impossible anythings ever gonna top that on the terribleness scale.

Don't remind me. Finding out what really happened that was shocking.

Some days, it's kinda hard to go back and watch Benoit's matches.

dream

Owen Hart was a scumbag?

Sorry, Owen was a saint who deserved better than he got out of life. As was High Chief Peter Maivia. The rest are the very definition of broken down, drug addicted conmen. Let's not be marks for their characters, friends.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Owen Hart was a scumbag?
but Owen...
Keep up guys:
I was talking to strobo, as Heel and I often do, and we came up with an interesting question. Assume that we subscribe to Christian orthodoxy. Of all the dead wrestlers in history, how many do you think are in heaven? How many do you think actually lived a life worthy of entrance beyond St. Peter's gates? The only one I can think of is Owen, who was a virtuous man, even when on the road. The rest of them are straight scumbags.

jmdajr

Let's say your only real downfall is addiction.

Still a scumbag? Eddie for example.

From what I know he didn't cheat on his wife, beat his kids, etc.

Sorry, Owen was a saint who deserved better than he got out of life. As was High Chief Peter Maivia. The rest are the very definition of broken down, drug addicted conmen. Let's not be marks for their characters, friends.

Stan Hansen, dude. Retired at the right time, in good health, saved his money well and you aren't likely find anyone not named Gagne with a bad word to say about the man. Maybe wrestling does have a higher Scumbag Per Capita ratio than other professions, but even so, let's not tar everyone with the same brush.

Zach

If you really want to get into the nitty gritty of wrestlers being pricks, it's kind of amazing that Kevin Nash is one of the most hated guys in wrestling when the worst thing he's done is looked out for number 1.

Examples of Flair racism besides Teddy Long comments?

The Von Erich story is horrific.

Wtf?

I dunno about this post.

They were sooooo bad.

Top Bottom