• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

NoRéN

So are fat jokes done..? It was my gimmick though, what else is there for me?

After Smackdown, we know he has friends in catering at least.

tumblr_mm8v8bltjM1rotdcto1_400.gif

but seriously, I genuinely enjoy Owens. He's the only talented Canadian we got on the roster anymore
Yeah, what happened? When did this thread get all pc? Hogan sex tape got everyone legit shook.

Dalton Castle is the perfect way to introduce someone to wrestling. Fun, entertaining, yet talented.

Vylash

it's nice that the red army in here is growing more and more every day, i thought i'd be fighting this fight by myself after brother bionic escaped

So TNA did a match where if you get a pin you lose

Reverse Elimination Match" of DJZ vs Manik vs Tigre Uno, DJZ pins Manik & gets to leave the match, which means he wins. Uno and Manik then continue the match as a singles match and Uno pins Manik to win second place in the Reverse Elimination Match.

Sandman is my boy! He wouldn't da-*is banned*

In all seriousness, it's just not worth the hassle anymore. You get got no matter what you post.

Pushing him up into the PAPA POWAHBAWMB

I don't stray from the confines of WrassleGAF except for excursions like the G1 thread. #safe so far.

#blessed
#2SwissToBeNoticed

Jamie OD

So with Hogan becoming blacklisted... what becomes the new main events for his WrestleManias?

I: Liberace dancing with the Rockettes while Muhammad Ali wears a bowtie
II: Piper Vs Mr T boxing match
III: Savage Vs Steamboat
V: Red Rooster Vs Bobby Heenan
VI: Warrior awarded WWF Title
VII: Virgil Vs DiBiase
VIII: Flair Vs Savage
IX: Ends immediately after Yokozuna pins Bret

Gonzalez

Banned
I: Liberace dancing with the Rockettes while Muhammad Ali wears a bowtie
II: Piper Vs Mr T boxing match
III: Savage Vs Steamboat
V: Red Rooster Vs Bobby Heenan
VI: Warrior awarded WWF Title
VII: Virgil Vs DiBiase
VIII: Flair Vs Savage
IX: Ends immediately after Yokozuna pins Bret
I remember the WWF back in the day(after Hogan left to WCW) had specials for their big three PPV's that basically made no mentions of his wins, and just highlighted his losses.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kevin Owens gimmick of constantly having to leave midmatch, midpromo makes me think he has the Lacey Von Erich 'I have to pee' gimmick

Uhhhhh (TNA stuff)

* Davey Richards defeated Robbie E
* Bobby Lashley defeated Ethan Carter III by count out
* Tigre Uno defeated Gail Kim
* Tigre Uno will face Abyss in a Barbed Wire Massacre match at Genesis
* Eli Drake defeated Crimson

Truly, truly don't know what to say

Kevin Owens gimmick of constantly having to leave midmatch, midpromo makes me think he has the Lacey Von Erich 'I have to pee' gimmick

'I have to eat'

Uhhhhh (TNA stuff)

* Davey Richards defeated Robbie E
* Bobby Lashley defeated Ethan Carter III by count out
* Tigre Uno defeated Gail Kim
* Tigre Uno will face Abyss in a Barbed Wire Massacre match at Genesis
* Eli Drake defeated Crimson

Truly, truly don't know what to say

Tigre Uno
:
anigif_enhanced-buzz-29313-1372950034-32.gif

Alucard

Banned
Doubt anyone cares about hiding TNA spoilers in this thread. If anyone does, let me know.

Tigre Uno beat Gail Kim in a match...and will be in a barbwire match with Abyss just because. I'm gonna use the Brian Mann line: "TNA does things, but they don't know why they do them." Hardcore matches are a part of wrestling, right? Let's do a hardcore match with no actual feud.

So they inducted Razor Ramon into the Hall of Fame specifically so that, if he relapsed into his worst ways, they could have the plausible deniability of having inducted the character, not the man, right?

Yet when Terry Bollea is revealed to have said racist shit, 8 years ago, they remove Hulk Hogan from the Hall of Fame?

So they inducted Razor Ramon into the Hall of Fame specifically so that, if he relapsed into his worst ways, they could have the plausible deniability of having inducted the character, not the man, right?

Yet when Terry Bollea is revealed to have said racist shit, 8 years ago, they remove Hulk Hogan from the Hall of Fame?

What I bolded here is the problem.

If this happened with Scott Hall, Scott Hall would have been the name everybody mentioned in posts and articles about this.

Not even Gawker, nor TMZ, nor the Enquirer, etc etc forever and ever everywhere that's posting or posted something about this scandal has done so with the headline "Terry Bollea Says Racist Shit". They've all been "Hulk Hogan Says Racist Shit".

Even Entertainment Weekly, tweeting the news with a picture of him wearing an Impact Wrestling shirt, said in the tweet something like "WWE legend Hulk Hogan says racist shit".

Woooooooooow the dream gate title has been stolen/lost

The Open the Dream Gate title belt was lost in the late hours of 07/21. After the end of Kobe World, the title was placed in its usual case for keeping and put on the ring truck for transport back to the dojo. After a brief stop at the Sanctuary office building, the truck departed for the dojo at about 2:30AM. After driving for a short while, the driver noticed the back doors were open. It was at this time the belt was found to be missing. A search of the area resulted in finding the case in the garbage area of a nearby apartment building. There was no belt inside. Efforts are currently underway to create a new title belt.
Yoshino himself was informed by phone in the middle of the night. He went to search the area personally but also found no sign of his title belt. He hopes to have a new belt in time for his next defense, but he also hopes that fans will still cheer him if he doesn't have one by then....

Update
Yoshino posted a few more details on his blog. The situation here is that the truck door was not properly closed before departure, leading to the belt cases falling off the truck as it drove. The Brave Gate title belt also was initially lost but was recovered during the search. The Dream Gate title belt case wasn't found until the next day, in the garbage area of the apartment building. A new belt is in the process of being made now, but there are still hopes that the original one will be found.

dream

If this happened with Scott Hall, Scott Hall would have been the name everybody mentioned in posts and articles about this.

Not even Gawker, nor TMZ, nor the Enquirer, etc etc forever and ever everywhere that's posting or posted something about this scandal has done so with the headline "Terry Bollea Says Racist Shit". They've all been "Hulk Hogan Says Racist Shit".

Even Entertainment Weekly, tweeting the news with a picture of him wearing an Impact Wrestling shirt, said in the tweet something like "WWE legend Hulk Hogan says racist shit".

I don't see a problem. Scott Hall made his money as Scott Hall, and has been best known as Scott Hall for 90% of his career.

Lmao I'm at the nxt house show right now and it's breeze for Finn for the title and breeze got him a shirt and Ballon for his birthday. They took a selfie and now Finn is wrestling in his shirt.

So I'm browsing the WWE Network curious if there's a trace of Hogan and see his "Unreleased Collection" is still listed. I'd played it a while ago while doing chores and hadn't paid attention to it. I go to see if it works and it resumes at the end of his match against the One Man Gang. After the leg drop he punches Slick the second he steps in the ring, puts on his hat and does a strut then tosses him over the top rope. They may want to pull this too

slickhogan.jpg

I understand that, but WWE is just so bad at creating any kind of convincing corporate narrative, is my main point, because everything is done ad hoc and there's zero internal consistency. WWE was going to lose money, either way, but they just look like fools to their main consumer base and to investors in trying to scrub a fictional character out of the history books because of some racist shit the actor who plays him said 8 years ago.

Rusev really is incredible. He's just cartoony enough without being so over-the-top that you can't take him seriously. He's big enough to look like he should dominate almost everyone, yet not so big that it's unbelievable that he can be bested by guys who are fast enough or technical enough to outdo his strength. His improvisations are perfect, but he still looks natural when he sticks to the script. Just a tremendous talent, kind of a shame to see him wasted on an era where there's only room and money for one or two guys to be big and feel important.

Kusagari

Scott Hall is known to most as Scott Hall. Very few people look at him and think Razor Ramon first.

Nobody looks at Hulk Hogan and thinks Terry Bollea.

Top Bottom