• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
¡HarlequinPanic!;172991149 said:
Rusev vs big e is one of my favorite matches from last year. He's helped the company put on great heavyweight matches for a while now

Agreed we need the hoss diviosn to make a comeback.

Rusev vs sekimoto is my everything

tumblr_ns1zwprQ961smehdno1_540.png

tumblr_ns1zwprQ961smehdno3_r1_540.png

calling yourself an actress while working for pro wrestling
its like they dont even care anymore, dream.

I love Rusev.

What I bolded here is the problem.

If this happened with Scott Hall, Scott Hall would have been the name everybody mentioned in posts and articles about this.

Not even Gawker, nor TMZ, nor the Enquirer, etc etc forever and ever everywhere that's posting or posted something about this scandal has done so with the headline "Terry Bollea Says Racist Shit". They've all been "Hulk Hogan Says Racist Shit".

Even Entertainment Weekly, tweeting the news with a picture of him wearing an Impact Wrestling shirt, said in the tweet something like "WWE legend Hulk Hogan says racist shit".

Damn good point, I don't think there would be many wrestlers in that Razor/Hall situation though now that it's mainly a one company show.

ROH buryed by Bigfoot.

Destination America has pulled Ring of Honor from the 8 p.m. time slot this Wednesday in favor of "Bigfoot in America." ROH will only have one airing this week, at 11 p.m. The change looks to be permanent as for 8/5, there is also only one airing of ROH at 11 p.m.

* Davey Richards defeated Robbie E
* Bobby Lashley defeated Ethan Carter III by count out
* Tigre Uno defeated Gail Kim, Tigre Uno will face Abyss in a Barbed Wire Massacre match at Genesis
* Eli Drake defeated Crimson
* Bobby Roode defeated Eddie Edwards, Mr. Anderson and Rockstar Spud in a Fatal 4 Way Elimination match
* Madison Rayne defeated Brooke Tessmacher
* Kenny King defeated Crazzy Steve
* Eric Young defeated Tigre Uno
* Ethan Carter III defeated DJ Zema Ion
* Lashley defeated Mahabali Shera
* Tigre Uno, Manik and Mark Andrews defeated Eli Drake, Micah, Jessie Godderz and Crimson when everyone walked out on Drake
* Robbie E defeated Aiden O'Shea in a match for Xplosion, O'Shea will face Pat Kenney at Genesis in a Shamrock Street Fight
* The Wolves defeated Tyrus and Micah in a match for Xplosion
* Jessie Godderz defeated Rockstar Spud in a match for Xplosion
* Chris Melendez defeated Manik in a match for Xplosion

4 days, 71 matches

* Tigre Uno defeated Gail Kim, Tigre Uno will face Abyss in a Barbed Wire Massacre match at Genesis
* Bobby Roode defeated Eddie Edwards, Mr. Anderson and Rockstar Spud in a Fatal 4 Way Elimination match
* Tigre Uno, Manik and Mark Andrews defeated Eli Drake, Micah, Jessie Godderz and Crimson when everyone walked out on Drake
* Robbie E defeated Aiden O'Shea in a match for Xplosion, O'Shea will face Pat Kenney at Genesis in a Shamrock Street Fight

4 days, 71 matches

Jeezus. This is like someone have an epileptic seizure. I can't imagine another company in the history of wrestling thinking they could produce so many months' worth of content in just a few days.

Damn! I am watching Evolve 45 and the Strong vs Sabre Jr match was magical, MotYC and it might rival Nakamura vs Ibushi as my favorite match of the year.

The match stars kinda slow like most Sabre encounters, but quickly turns pretty brutal with some sick counters and moves from Strong. One of the counters was pretty innovative, Sabre had the armbar on Strong and he got up and instead of powerbombing Sabre to break the submission he goes to the ropes and guillotine Sabre. The last moments were epic, hard hit after hard hit, counter after counter, sequence after sequence finishing whit Sabre going for the Cradle Butterfly Lock turning it into a Cross Armbreaker and a Jim Breaks Armbar, looked really brutal.

Both of this guys are in my top 5. This match was way better than the one they had in PWG. I sometimes can not believe Strong can be this good, and not only as a wrestler but as a character. ROH was such a poison for him, this last year in Evolve and PWG has been great for him.

Alucard

Banned
Wait wait wait...Jay Lethal and Roderick Strong ended with
a 60-minute draw
at ROH Death Before Dishonor? Whoa.

The whole show actually sounds pretty good. I'll have to check it out. Dalton Castle is the real deal.

4 days, 71 matches

71 matches? Holy shit, wouldn't that cost TNA a fortune to do so quickly? How many matches do they use per TV episode?

somedevil

71 matches? Holy shit, wouldn't that cost TNA a fortune to do so quickly? How many matches do they use per TV episode?

All these matches are for there One Night only shows. All these matches in there insane logic leads to the Genesis show filled with crazy gimmick matches like elevation x and a match where the ropes are replaced with barbwire.

Alucard

Banned
All these matches are for there One Night only shows. All these matches in there insane logic leads to the Genesis show filled with crazy gimmick matches like elevation x and a match where the ropes are replaced with barbwire.

Fuck. This. Company.

It's beyond comprehension.

MG310

4 days, 71 matches

Genesis to feature only road agents and the guy who will bleed for quarters.

JavyOO7

NXT at West Palm today was great. Will go again when they are nearby here. Highlights include Dawson/Wilder tag team calling my buddy 'Jimmy Jacobs' as he was cheering for them. Bull Dempsey being asked by the crowd to perform his finisher again on his opponent. Funny banter with Aiden English before tagging in his partner. Crowd pooped huge when Bayley made her entrance... and her hugging as many kids as she could before she got into the ring. Ty Dillinger being funny with his 'perfect 10' character and screaming in agony when Joe stopped on his perfect 10 card. And the main event, with Breeze vs Balor, the crowd singing happy birthday, Breeze giving Balor a cute 'Minions' balloon and his shirt... and Balor wearing the shirt ('Part Man... All Model') for part of the match.

My section was filled with marks. Some funny chants. Some really cringe worthy chants ('Alexa is a slut!' or 'Joe is a TNA reject!')... but the crowd was on their best behavior for the most part. I would go again. I hope to go for a future NXT PPV so I'll have my eyes open next time. =p

TL21xx

Banned
Just got back from the House Show in LA. Kevin Owens vs John Cena in a street fight... Absolutely fantastic. So glad I went. Will post about the experience tomorrow.

Just got back from the House Show in LA. Kevin Owens vs John Cena in a street fight... Absolutely fantastic. So glad I went. Will post about the experience tomorrow.
Oh yes the so called champion vs champion match. Like to hear your recap about the show.

E: Need UUDD to invade team Spooky. Smug vs Rusev

NoRéN

Street fights are perfect for Owens since he can't leave for catering at get himself counted out.

Also, I wish I had gone.

Kornflayx

And you wonder why everyone is beat up to hell. I at least hope they didn't go full out with the crazy stuff on a house show.

Jamie OD

Deja vu but the TNA spoilers read like something out of the final weeks of WCW. Whole bunch of matches and barely any storylines attached to them.

Dang, sorry I got way too overpassionate about a dumb topic for #shootsaturday, friendos.

FlairTrashResize.gif

I'll keep it more FnP as I get some summerslam reviews going.

Grab a friend and have a seat!

stephericTV.gif

Doc Gallows vs bad luck fale was a match that happened last night

Kicked ass, stood out to me the most - not saying it was the best technically but I was genuinely excited to watch it play out and seeing them too sweet at the beginning and end as well as hugging it out was pretty fun. When the bad guys are all sportsmanlike to each other it's pretty endearing, at least to me.

Top Bottom