• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I HATE DUCKS

1056%20-%20autoplay_gif%20duck%20foreign_object%20gif%20monday_nitro%20scott_steiner%20wcw.gif

PROGRESS was huge, what a fun show and
what an absolutely fantastic moment with Ospreay winning the title and ending Havoc's 600+ day reign as champion
! Very rarely see an atmosphere like that at a wrestling show, pure elation. Awesome stuff.

Anywho, holy shit that Yano/Tenzan diving headbutt botch - Yano got gashed the fuck open, check it out non-squeamish people. The headbutt; http://i.imgur.com/YBmoxCs.gif

Blood everywhere; http://i.imgur.com/zQZrY9c.gif

The aftermath; http://i.imgur.com/GpDK2Hl.jpg

Caught up with all the G1 block matches, enjoyed the lot - even Doc vs Fale. Ibushi/Styles was fantastic and I really enjoyed Naito/Tanahashi, loving the Los Ingobernables stuff. This ruled, incidentally;

UHxx7CQ.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Naito blew me away on Night 5. Just...the best.

And Ibushi/Styles...yasss

Colocho

Banned
I just saw the Eva Marie match, and while she certaintly has improved, I thought that girl Cassie was way more talented and I had never even heard of her, meanwhile they seem to shove Eva down our throats whenever they can. What's up with that?

I just saw the Eva Marie match, and while she certaintly has improved, I thought that girl Cassie was way more talented and I had never even heard of her, meanwhile they seem to shove Eva down our throats whenever they can. What's up with that?

Eva Reigns. I wonder if she'll enter through the crowd and let men touch her like he does.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Retro-NWO question:

I'm watching through 1996 WCW and just hit the Outsiders invading. At Great American Bash, Hall bashes "The Huckster" and then talks about them having a mystery partner at the next PPV. That seemed odd, considering Hogan joined them.

Was the original plan for the mystery partner to be someone other than Hogan? I remember reading Hogan almost backed out at the last minute, but didn't hear if they had anyone else in mind.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Retro-NWO question:

I'm watching through 1996 WCW and just hit the Outsiders invading. At Great American Bash, Hall bashes "The Huckster" and then talks about them having a mystery partner at the next PPV. That seemed odd, considering Hogan joined them.

Was the original plan for the mystery partner to be someone other than Hogan? I remember reading Hogan almost backed out at the last minute, but didn't hear if they had anyone else in mind.

If my memory serves, they had no idea for quite some time until Hogan kinda realized it on a camping trip.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Retro-NWO question:

I'm watching through 1996 WCW and just hit the Outsiders invading. At Great American Bash, Hall bashes "The Huckster" and then talks about them having a mystery partner at the next PPV.

Nah, it was always Hogan. It's just Hall using a red herring because that was around the same time WWF was blasting those BILLIONAIRE TED skits every single fucking week on Raw. Hall also reference THE NACHO MAN on those early Nitros. Not many people knew about it either. Sullivan, Bischoff, and Hogan knew. I forgot who else.

Vylash

by "shove Eva down our throats" do you mean "has a match every now and then"?

Retro-NWO question:

I believe it was supposed to be Sting but he didn't want to do it. Hogan was asked once and he declined. Then he changed his mind sometime before Bash at the Beach.

Colocho

Banned
by "shove Eva down our throats" do you mean "has a match every now and then"?

No, I mean that they're making her comeback to the ring like this huge thing, and I haven't seen the new Total Divas season, but it seems like she's a major focus of it now and before she was sort of just ''there''.

Just change ''shove down our throats'' with ''undeservedly random big push''.

No, I mean that they're making her comeback to the ring like this huge thing, and I haven't seen the new Total Divas season, but it seems like she's a major focus of it now and before she was sort of just ''there''.

Just change ''shove down our throats'' with ''undeservedly random big push''.

In all fairness, you can skip her matches on NXT and you don't even have to watch Total Divas. It's not like when Reigns was being shoved down our throats every Raw and PPV. She's fine. Sloppy, but fine.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The fuck?

Colocho

Banned
In all fairness, you can skip her matches on NXT and you don't even have to watch Total Divas. It's not like when Reigns was being shoved down our throats every Raw and PPV. She's fine. Sloppy, but fine.

Yes I know that, and I'm not really complaining about it, it's just something that stood out for me.

I watched nxt live Friday and Saturday and she had the same exact tag match 2 nights in a row with the same people and same exact spots. The giant Tamina chick was cool but holy shit I was amazed at how i can call the next spot. The dubsteppers and Vaudvillains wrestled twice between the two days but the matches were completely different.

If we post in a different wrestling forum, do we have to change our name around since WrassleGAF owns our naming rights..?

"WHAT?! what's Steinfreckle doing in the impact zone?!"

DMczaf

If we post in a different wrestling forum, do we have to change our name around since WrassleGAF owns our naming rights..?

"WHAT?! what's Steinfreckle doing in the impact zone?!"

I'm part of the pre-Sunny Mac era. I own the rights to my name, catchphrases, and merchandise.

Top Bottom