• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

klonere

Banned
That was amazing, but why Eva Marie instead of countless other Diva's that you know...actually have been in the ring?
Bastards locked my purchase in though.

Well if you wanted someone with a distinctive look, who can turn around from a jukebox and given an instant impression in 2 seconds, I'd probably pick Eva.

Besides they have Paige in there for the wrasslin' credibility.

ChillyAcclaimedAfricanclawedfrog.gif

Mengetsu

I still can't believe he isn't getting Roman's push.

Dude could be stupidly over if they pushed him.
This is a crime within itself but this is WWE. I swear if a guy could be more ready/over with the crowd and naturally he'd be no.1 right now. You know though WWE hates people getting over who they don't feed down our necks.

Browny

Banned
I won't post the gif directly, because the dude's face gets broken at the end, but indie wrestling used to be so amazingly sleazy in the late 90's/early 2000's. Hit Squad were so fucking reckless;

http://i.imgur.com/HV3lUor.gif

Big fans of the Kevin Nash > Rey lawn dart spot then?

Man, I have one day ill from work, half a day for a antenatal scan, and work blows the fuck up. Coupled with a distinct lack of wrasslin' too. But the good news is hopefully that I will have a free weekend - so that's a whole load of G1 to watch.

Alucard

Banned
Friends, Ant-Man was extremely FnP

It was. His trio of henchmen were pretty damn funny. Loved how the one dude spoke a mile a minute and told those two stories that had my head spinning. I still don't really understand them.

My only real issue was that the movie felt pretty small and insular. I didn't get a sense of the world that the characters inhabited, but felt it was enclosed in this very tight and limited box.

Alucard

Banned
Yep, we should totally feel bad for Hogan for getting trolled innocently right now :D

It doesn't excuse his words in any way, shape, or form, but it's still kicking a guy while he's down. He deserves to be called out on the garbage he spewed, but this is just trolling.

Sephzilla

I actually think the Terminator DLC for 2k16 is fun as fuck. Wrestling games could use a bit more crazy shit like that instead of trying to be a straight up sim.

Paul Rudd made an excellent super hero.

Can't say the same for Seth Rogan.

Michael Douglass was also great.

I think Michael Douglass was my favorite thing about the film. Him and Rudd played off of each other pretty well. Also whatever tech they used to de-age Douglass for that flashback scene was pretty amazing.

jmdajr

I actually think the Terminator DLC for 2k16 is fun as fuck. Wrestling games could use a bit more crazy shit like that instead of trying to be a straight up sim.

I think Michael Douglass was my favorite thing about the film. Him and Rudd played off of each other pretty well. Also whatever tech they used to de-age Douglass for that flashback scene was pretty amazing.

That was pretty fucking cool.

Kaladin

Dean Ambrose is perfect as the guy the Terminator beats up for his clothes.....that was actually a lot better than expected.

I look forward to that.

Sephzilla

Also, that one throwaway line that references
Spider-Man
, I was all like

giphy.gif

When that happened

Dean Ambrose is perfect as the guy the Terminator beats up for his clothes.....that was actually a lot better than expected.

I look forward to that.

That whole scene was set up really well. 2K's marketing department is way above WWE's in terms of quality. I'm just assuming it was 2K's department because it was good, if WWE was doing it they would have shoehorned Roman Reigns and Cena in there somehow

https://twitter.com/hulkhogan

I'd head over there right now for a good ass laugh, he's getting support from Drake, Rio Ferdinand, Martin Keown and Kolo Toure, amongst others! You have to feel for the guy with this, but then again he was a total jackass in his position. Hell, in any position.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
https://twitter.com/hulkhogan

I'd head over there right now for a good ass laugh, he's getting support from Drake, Rio Ferdinand, Martin Keown and Kolo Toure, amongst others! You have to feel for the guy with this, but then again he was a total jackass in his position. Hell, in any position.
I dunno, I don't feel shit for the Huckster. He's a cunt. The defenses really surprise me. Especially Disco...that breaks my heart.

Sephzilla

Some passing thoughts on the Hogan stuff after letting it sink in. I've definitely lost respect for the guy, no doubt about that, what he said was absolutely shitty. On the flipside, I feel kind of bad judging the guy on what was a private conversation that was illegally distributed to the public. The whole situation makes me feel uncomfortable because it's a whole lot of wrongs and nothing equals a right.

I dunno, I don't feel shit for the Huckster. He's a cunt. The defenses really surprise me. Especially Disco...that breaks my heart.

It was stupid, no denial. Not defending it, just saying him getting crucified from all angles is laughable considering 50% of people minimum have done it at one time or another and would claim jokingly. Hell, Kanye West headlined Glastonbury he had the entire crowd say the word plenty of times. Not saying it's right, but when people in places of influence like rappers say it in songs for kids to copy, what do they expect to happen. Should of known better though.

Some passing thoughts on the Hogan stuff after letting it sink in. I've definitely lost respect for the guy, no doubt about that, what he said was absolutely shitty. On the flipside, I feel kind of bad judging the guy on what was a private conversation that was illegally distributed to the public. The whole situation makes me feel uncomfortable because it's a whole lot of wrongs and nothing equals a right.

Yep, i'm with you. I mean, he should be gone from WWE but he should apologise, accept it and stay quiet for a bit. Rather than try to gather BS support from people because it's undeniable, he said it, in a disparaging way.

Worst bit about it is the tweet he RT'd about Obama saying it and keeping his job. Dude doesn't seem to realise WHY his actions were wrong. Especially as there are lots of good, nice, upstanding black wrestlers in and out of WWE who looked up to him. Big E seems genuinely PO'd with it, he's well within his rights too.

Hex

Banned

I lost respect for the guy long ago, but I mirror your latter thoughts.
I guarantee that there is not just a few on GAF that if someone had a private window into some of their time that have said something really stupid that in this modern climate would be looked at badly.

I should watch Ant-Man again.
Also, Hogan should just claim Hollywood Hogan said these things

He just needs to make another tweet about working yourself into a shoot and call everyone marks because he was just trying to get some heel heat. Show up at indie shows with Virgil and Dennis Rodman as the new NWO "BLACK AND WHITE, BROTHER!". It was a work all along!

Aiii

So not worth it
I lost respect for the guy long ago, but I mirror your latter thoughts.
I guarantee that there is not just a few on GAF that if someone had a private window into some of their time that have said something really stupid that in this modern climate would be looked at badly.

It would be different if this was something Hogan said in the 90s, or when he was in his teens or early twenties.

But we're talking only a few years ago, as a "educated" adult. Honestly.

We've all said dumb shit while growing up, and we said dumb shit in hindsight because we've evolved a lot in the last few decades in the western world, but Hogan can call on non of these excuses.

He even says himself he's a racist.

I do agree that I think the whole "taking the word back" and "black people can say it" is counter-productive, but it really isn't up to me to decide how a black person wants to approach the n-word. White teens singing the n-word because it's in popular pop-songs is a good example of how silly it is. Let the damn word die a death.

(Much like "faggot", btw, that word should die quickly too.)

RP912

Banned
I'm like this....

It's been known that Hogan is a piece of shit, but I'm not on the level of wanting him gutted in front of WWE towers. I'm not even mad about the situation at all...just don't feel a thing. Now if some dirt came back to the Macho Man or finding out that Shibata kicks infants for a living...then it would really be depressing to me.

I'm like this....

It's been known that Hogan is a piece of shit, but I'm not on the level of wanting him gutted in front of WWE towers. I'm not even mad about the situation at all...just don't feel a thing. Now if some dirt came back to the Macho Man or finding out that Shibata kicks infants for a living...then it would really be depressing to me.

Pretty much. I already didn't care for Hogan, all this does is strengthen the feeling. But if this happened to someone I genuinely wouldn't expect it from, then it would be a different story. We as fans know that there have been both racist and homophobic issues behind the scenes, and the fact that nothing gets done about it is really depressing and we've fallen into just accepting it.

I just hope the causes a bigger ripple effect and outs other shitty people, like Disco Inferno (among others). And hopefully changes the landscape of the people running the current product, which I doubt, but one can hope.

WWE is just good at cutting ties so the paper trail doesn't lead back to them. It's happening with Hogan and it happened with Bill Demont, where no fucking DOUBT they knew what that motherfucker was doing. Probably paid him a nice sum of cash to not drag their name down and leave quietly.

jmdajr

It sucks.

Top Bottom