• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Striker

Fuck Brock Taker, fuck everything about it.
Only thing I'm interested in is what way they decide to screw this up.

Taker loses: so he avenges his loss last year only to lose again, thus making this whole thing a waste of time and pure desperate attempt to grab ratings; why didn't Taker do this at WM or attack him at Summerslam last year, etc. it's just awful writing

Brock loses: wasted the Streak bs that they've gone on and on about over the past year and a half, and to use that heat for a win over Brock on for someone much, much younger

Fox318

UnMlBIJ.gif

Does WWE even have dancers and hard hitting knockouts?

klonere

Banned

Taker loses: so he avenges his loss last year only to lose again, thus making this whole thing a waste of time and pure desperate attempt to grab ratings; why didn't Taker do this at WM or attack him at Summerslam last year, etc. it's just awful writing

Brock loses: wasted the Streak bs that they've gone on and on about over the past year and a half, and to use that heat for a win over Brock on for someone much, much younger

Yup. There is no good way out of this for anybody involved if they want to have anything approaching a clean finish.

RP912

Banned
I'm surprised by Dean's exceptional acting skills during that trailer. It's a shame that 2K can market a WWE game better than the WWE marketing the WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to get shit for this but fuck it.

Robocop 2>>>>>>Robocop 1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Robocop 3

The drug dealing robot was more vicious than the 209

Jesus...had days like this. Hounded and attacked like a criminal.

Personally I think a gang of mean children with no rules that aren't afraid to kill people are more dangerous than any robot.

The only idea I heard and liked was to basically do Taker/HBK with it: Lesnar wins at SS, Taker comes back around Mania like "I know I can do it" and Brock makes him put his career on the line, then wins again.

Kaladin

More Hulk transcripts came out. At some point you kind of have to feel bad for Hulk the way this is going down. Can't excuse the racism, but his character is being assassinated by Gawker and honestly, they're the bigger piece of shit for all of this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
More Hulk transcripts came out. At some point you kind of have to feel bad for Hulk the way this is going down. Can't excuse the racism, but his character is being assassinated by Gawker and honestly, they're the bigger piece of shit for all of this.

Who the fuck would feel bad for Hulk Hogan's racist bullshit? Maybe someone who champions the Confederate flag as heritage, but NORMAL people don't.

It's not a comparison about who's worse. They're both terrible. Nobody, NOBODY should feel bad for Hogan unless they're a cunt.

Everybody is a piece of shit in the Gawker/Hogan thing.

They're both going to get owned, though. Gawker is likely toast. Hogan's gonna get his money, but his rep is gone.

If Gawker was smart they would've paid him off instead of doubling down.

Sephzilla

Who the fuck would feel bad for Hulk Hogan's racist bullshit? Maybe someone who champions the Confederate flag as heritage, but NORMAL people don't.

It's not a comparison about who's worse. They're both terrible. Nobody, NOBODY should feel bad for Hogan unless they're a cunt.

He is still the victim of a massive breach of privacy. It doesn't excuse anything about what he said, but he's a (really fucking shitty) victim.

Pretty sure I can find some GAF users, perhaps in any thread about police brutality in America, who would feel bad for Hogan.

Heroman

Banned

Hogan character has been assassinated long before gawker, it just more people can see it now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He is still the victim of a massive breach of privacy. It doesn't excuse anything about what he said, but he's a (really fucking shitty) victim.

Sure. But it's not a contest. All is shit. #allisshit

Pretty sure I can find some GAF users, perhaps in any thread about police brutality in America, who would feel bad for Hogan.

Well you have one in this thread.

Can't believe a freak accident from a Tenzan diving headbutt was more gruesome than any spots in deathmatch tournaments this year. These young deathmatch kids need to up their game, hopefully Gage's DM tournament will provide the reckless stupidity I crave.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
100% agree. Hogan is a piece of crap for saying those kind of things. Gawker is a piece of crap for massively invading someone's private life.

I feel bad for none of the parties involved. Pieces of shit are shit. #AllShitEverything

Can't believe a freak accident from a Tenzan diving headbutt was more gruesome than any spots in deathmatch tournaments this year. These young deathmatch kids need to up their game, hopefully Gage's DM tournament will provide the reckless stupidity I crave.

You really think Gage will let you down? Nick Fn Gage? Oh, you're going to get the reckless stupidity you crave. You'll be eatin'.

Hex

Banned
The only idea I heard and liked was to basically do Taker/HBK with it: Lesnar wins at SS, Taker comes back around Mania like "I know I can do it" and Brock makes him put his career on the line, then wins again.

There has to be some kind of clusterfuck finish at SS to make Wrestlemania a thing.
Having Brock go over taker again would make him winning at Mania pretty meaningless.
There has to be some kind of time limit thing, or someone coming in and bodying both of them. (Though not sure what person or group would get that kind of push)

jred2k

He's had how many years in jail to sit and think about nothing but deathmatch spots? I'm sure he won't disappoint an ultraviolent enthusiast such as yourself.

jmdajr

100% agree. Hogan is a piece of crap for saying those kind of things. Gawker is a piece of crap for massively invading someone's private life.

I still remember the disbelief when this sex tape came out. We all just kind of had a good laugh.

"Hulk Hogan's dick brother!"

I never thought this would take such a horrible turn.

what a swerve.

I can't excuse his racism, but if my private conversations were recorded in my life, I have said many things that I am not proud of, or would want shared with my employer etc......

Sephzilla

I'd say its a safe wager to say most of us haven't said anything nearly as bad as what Hogan said, but yeah, if stuff we said in private got leaked out publicly we'd probably get in trouble too. I dunno, everything about all of this Hogan shit makes me uncomfortable as fuck.

#AllShitEverything

jmdajr

I can't excuse his racism, but if my private conversations were recorded in my life, I have said many things that I am not proud of, or would want shared with my employer etc......

Maybe he's talking about that one time he thought John Cena was an ok guy and wasn't gonna mind him breaking Ric Flair's title reign.

jmdajr

I'd say its a safe wager to say most of us haven't said anything nearly as bad as what Hogan said, but yeah, if stuff we said in private got leaked out publicly we'd probably get in trouble too. I dunno, everything about all of this Hogan shit makes me uncomfortable as fuck.

#AllShitEverything

I'd like to think it's just a specific situation where he was pissed. But what if he was dropping N bombs about having to work with Zeus, and Mr. T. and so on.

Like..this whole time.

Top Bottom