• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

UberTag

Jericho vs Neville was full of the stuff austin was complaining about. Like a prime example of all of it. But I guess if it's house show booking it's less damning
Jericho is like the anti-Austin.
If there's one match I want Steve to lace up the boots and come back into the ring for, it's against Y2J.
Seems like a natural feud given their dueling podcasts, their mentality for the business, their different approaches to conducting interviews/hosting Tough Enough, etc.

Sure we've seen it countless times before... and it's not CM Punk... but it's better than any alternative that I can think of.

Interesting take on it, I hadn't thought of the possibility of Naito joining a faction. I'm pretty much in agreement with you on all the title predictions, but I think Omega retains with Bullet Club help, they beat down KUSHIDA and Ricochet makes the save to set-up a 3-way title match at the next best opportunity (G1 finals day, probably).

It would also add an interesting dichotomy to the AJ/Okada feud. AJ originally won the title from Okada thanks to Yujiro, who turned on CHAOS to join the BC. Naito, Yujiro's former tag partner, comes in and looks like he will do the same to join his ex-buddy, then turns on HIM and joins with Okada. Thus, Okada screws over AJ with a former member of No Limit, which AJ did to him last year. Sweet sweet justice.

Problem is that this bloats CHAOS even further, considering they've added five members already this year (Sakuraba, Taven, Bennett, Cole (by association), and Maria) which leads more credence that I think a faction split is coming very soon. Of course, I've been saying this for years and yet Nak and Okada still are best buds, so what do I know.

And of course he would join a faction. I'm pretty sure there isn't a heel in New Japan that isn't part of one, although CHAOS are more tweeners at this point.

Fox318

The merchandise sales alarm probably went off.

Note how to the naked eye he appears to be going for the Cena handshake/handraise of death, but on closer inspection his hand is just overwhelmed by the gravitational pull of the only singles title he hasn't held. Yet.

The Politician is simply protecting his spot.

Problem is that this bloats CHAOS even further, considering they've already added five members already this year (Sakuraba, Taven, Bennett, Cole (by association), and Maria) which leads more credence that I think a faction split is coming very soon. Of course, I've been saying this for years and yet Nak and Okada still are best buds, so what do I know.

And of course he would join a faction. I'm pretty sure there isn't a heel in New Japan that isn't part of one, although CHAOS are more tweeners at this point.

CHAOS becoming bloated isn't really a problem if an Okada/Nakamura civil war splits the group in two - I still say it's got to happen, even though we've been anticipating it for an age. Okada/Nakamura is a money feud.

I dunno if Naito particularly needs a faction, I'd like to see him be more of a loner heel who doesn't really get on with anyone except his buddies from Mexico. And if Rush & La Sombra can pop over to New Japan every so often, all the better :p

Fox318

Jericho is like the anti-Austin.
If there's one match I want Steve to lace up the boots and come back into the ring for, it's against Y2J.
Seems like a natural feud given their dueling podcasts, their mentality for the business, their different approaches to conducting interviews/hosting Tough Enough, etc.

Sure we've seen it countless times before... and it's not CM Punk... but it's better than any alternative that I can think of.

I can't even blame Y2J for tough enough.

The podcast stuff on the network is fine as long as austin is able to do his thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The idea of putting Naito in CHAOS makes me almost makes me want to barf more than Naito in Bullet Club. His whole arc was about him making it without Yujiro, Liger, or even Tanahashi. He's a solo star.

3 guys with Sombra and Rush are the most affiliates Naito needs. You could give him a Diesel type if you turned him heel.

DMczaf

tumblr_nqz2zphKVA1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Cagey

Banned
Jericho v. Neville was a great surprise.

Balor v. Owens was excellent, as expected. Owens is masterful with all the little in-match taunts, playing to the crowd, etc.

Michael Cole was an even greater surprise on this show.

Brock v. Kofi was a ********1/2 match.

jpBJQH5.gif

Physique, size, look, and strength matter for one's wrestling presence. That's part of the overall package of someone's wrestling skill. Brock Lesnar is absurdly proportioned and terrifying and thick and strong as fuck. Kofi Kingston looks like a child playfighting with dad. Roman Reigns is 6'3" 265+, had a cup of coffee in NFL training camps as a defensive tackle, and Reigns at Wrestlemania looked like a teenager who hit a growth spurt feeling himself that he can beat his dad finally.

Brock Lesnar is god.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cesaro is a Nintendo fan, no wonder Vince hates him.

Why? Nintendo is a company that is out of touch with its (potential) customer, ran by old men that have no clue about pop culture and are stuck in their archaic ways, consistently reusing old formulas and stars to try and pop buys for their product.

They'd get along splendidly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How would you assess his workrate?

They book him a lot better by keeping him in the ring in short bursts. He moves much faster than he did in the last years of the WWE and you can tell he's willing to try more stuff, but he's definitely slippery and a little botchy due to how beat up he is. Still enjoyable mainly due to what a huge draw he is and that he seems happy for the first time in years.
OEOA7p2.gif

ftycjFd.gif

3kiTswN.gif

That might also be Mundo at fault too though because I noticed Perro and Pentagod work way better with Rey

LycanXIII

Note how to the naked eye he appears to be going for the Cena handshake/handraise of death, but on closer inspection his hand is just overwhelmed by the gravitational pull of the only singles title he hasn't held. Yet.

He's looking at the title and not Balor the entire time.

Why? Nintendo is a company that is out of touch with its (potential) customer, ran by old men that have no clue about pop culture and are stuck in their archaic ways, consistently reusing old formulas and stars to try and pop buys for their product.

They'd get along splendidly.
Things are gonna change with the NX!!

lol

Actually, Cena still hasn't had an IC title run yet.

Actually Cena has never been IC champion.

Cagey

Banned
well you can't sandbag brock. ask bob holly

No, Bob Holly is the only wrestler in history who successfully sandbagged Brock Lesnar. Many have tried but Brock's overwhelming strength negates such feeble attempts to make Brock look like a punk bitch. Bob Holly, though, with his overwhelming strength, succeeded.

Brock Lesnar responded accordingly.

klonere

Banned
No, Bob Holly is the only wrestler in history who successfully sandbagged Brock Lesnar. Many have tried but Brock's overwhelming strength negates such feeble attempts to make Brock look like a punk bitch. Bob Holly, though, with his overwhelming strength, succeeded.

Brock Lesnar responded accordingly.

grats on ur new avatar, its a winner

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brock went to go visit Mr Saito
Mr Saito is possibly dying so Brock went to go see his old mentor with the very big chest very big arms
tumblr_nlywflw65B1t34v14o1_400.jpg

Meltzerz is saying that's why he wrestled Kofi. Because he wanted to go see Mr Saito

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brock went to go visit Mr Saito
Mr Saito is possibly dying so Brock went to go see his old mentor with the very big chest very big arms
tumblr_nlywflw65B1t34v14o1_400.jpg

Meltzerz is saying that's why he wrestled Kofi. Because he wanted to go see Mr Saito

Glad he got to. Masa Saito is a muscle god. Hope they had a good time.

This is basically character assassination if they get that into WWE Creative's hands.

Fucking wonderful, the Full Sail Fucks have been introduced to streamers.

And you know they'll get it wrong, just like indie fans do - they never wait for the introductions and they never colour coordinate. Shit's irritating. If you're going to be weeaboos, at least do it properly.

Top Bottom