• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

Happy Freedom Day!

11373513_912923965419863_1873376256_n.jpg

Thought TBINTE was pretty fun. Jericho/Neville and Owens/Balor were easily in the ***+ range, Owens/Balor I'd go ****1/4. But seriously, fuck Cena main eventing in the most random tag match ever. Nice to see WWE getting inspiration from late 00's Pro Wrestling NOAH for its booking. What was that, a fucking Battlebowl match? Props to Michael Cole (I never thought I would ever say those words) for actually giving backstory on their Japanese careers, namedropping WAR for Jericho, Dragon Gate for Neville, and calling the fucking BLOODY SUNDAY correctly. HHH must be in his ear now since Vince can't see shit. Oh, and Brock killed a bitch. Next

So yeah, tonight is probably the biggest event in New Japan Pro Wrestling since WK9, it's Dominion 2015! And here's my predictions.

Match 1: Young Bucks vs. reDRagon vs. RPG Vice.

Are the Jr. Tag titles just going to be defended in multi-team clusterfucks from now on? It's clear Gedo is in complete autopilot booking this division. Hopefully the YB win to get some damn stability back to the titles.

Match 2: Bad Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito and Tomoaki Honma.

They've been heavily teasing a Naito heel turn and I think this is where it happens as he walks out on Honma. Question is does he now join the Bullet Club or CHAOS? That question might be answered in the main event....

Match 3: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kazushi Sakuraba

This might be the match I'm looking forward to most. Shibata was Saku's protégé and now is probably one of the most popular guys in New Japan. Hopefully he wins here, and that catapults him to the main event where he belongs. This should be stiff as fuck with plenty of stretching, and if you're an MMA fan you'll want to check this one out.

Match 4: Kenny Omega vs. KUSHIDA.

Omega's been a fun champ but it's clear NJPW is building up KUSHIDA as the face of the Jr. division, so I think he takes the gold here.

Match 5: Togi Makabe vs. Tomohiro Ishii

They had a fun match at WK9 and a decent one at Wrestling HINOKUNI, where they kept pushing the story of Ishii can't beat Makabe. Hopefully Ishii takes it here, he adds a lot to the NEVER title and Makabe is over enough that he doesn't need it.

Match 6: Kingdom vs. Bullet Club

And the worst feud in NJPW continues. However Taven, Bennett, and Maria are super over in Japan so they won't be going away any time soon. Still I see Gallows and Anderson taking it. This division is seriously in need of some new tag teams. TMDK can't get here soon enough.

Match 7: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Toru Yano.

As much as I love that MY BOY Yano is now in a feud with the biggest star in Japan, we all know how this story is going to end. Yano will likely do some comedy bullshit, Tanahashi won't have it, HFF, goodbye.

Match 8: Hirooki Goto vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.

The other match I'm really looking forward to, probably my two favorites in NJPW colliding here. Hopefully Goto wins however, because it's high time Nak let the IC belt go. He'll win the G1 and finally move back to the HW title scene where he belongs.

Match 9; AJ Styles vs. Kazuchika Okada

This should be fun, they had great matches at Dontaku and the G1 last year and finally Okada gets a shot at redemption. This is where I think Naito comes into play. He comes out with a Bullet Club shirt on, looks like he will hit Okada, but then drills AJ, joins CHAOS, Rainmaker, New Champ. Plus having Okada as champ adds so much more storylines in the G1. Will Tanahashi win to get yet another Tokyo Dome main event with his arch rival? Will Nakamura win to give us the forbidden match once again? Will AJ win to get his rematch? Since Okada plays both heel and face very well he makes a perfect champ since he can have a great match with anyone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
god king-u pls ;_;

Indeed. Why should we be celebrating the whitest man on the planet, an Aryan wet dream no less, taking out three aspiring young black men who only want to spread positivity throughout the land? Shameful shit.

Remind me to never go into the B/S/T thread again because good lord that shit's draconian

Also quick someone send over The Beast In The East :p

Indeed. Why should we be celebrating the whitest man on the planet, an Aryan wet dream no less, taking out three aspiring young black men who only want to spread positivity throughout the land? Shameful shit.

Brock Lesnar: More Racist Than Rusev?

DMczaf

I miss legit squash matches.

Brock basically worked a 1995 WWE Superstars match and it was well worth $9.99 a month.

The event was so weird. Literally less is more and it was so much better that way. Loved the lack of shaky cam and zoom ins. Balor and Owens killed. Shame hideo lost his moment due to injury.

klonere

Banned
Also this crowd is not the typical Japan crowd.

Yeah it was an odd mix of regular Japanese crowd stuff (applause, oohhs and aaahhs) with chanting in English. Very different and pretty cool imo!

Brock basically worked a 1995 WWE Superstars match and it was well worth $9.99 a month.

It was definitely worth it to see Lesnar overestimate how much power to use lifting Big E. Freakish strength.

So what time is the NJPW show on at?

Fox318

Those are matches they save for guys who can't work or guys they want to make look strong but really aren't

ypxUuXi.jpg

vgUwJRf.jpg

TWrCaOV.jpg

myXD1V4.jpg

Where they would be better off saving them for guys who can work and who are strong

ICtMtO8.jpg

8hGGraz.jpg

SwfRYpr.jpg

yMNZ8gI.jpg

Corbin is improving and Ryback still needs to improve in the ring but still
So that when they do work a regular match it feels special.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Told yall for years Cole knows his shit. Thins aren't going to change when commentary changes until Vince McMahon dies

somedevil

Also this crowd is not the typical Japan crowd.

Yeah its a crowd that is interested in the American style. I remember a review from Japanese Audio wrestling from a Wrestle-1 and TNA show. The fans wanted to see the TNA guys and were not as interested in Wrestle 1 vs Wrestle-1 matches.

Glad to hear Cole did a good job last night. Get Vince out of his ear and let JBL tell wrestling stories on color and we got ourselves a stew going.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, I should have known better than to even look in here before watching the event. Gif spoilers all over, but that shit's on me.

Really cool result, at least, for the main event.

And LOL at people assuming Vince and Dunn weren't there. They were all over it, just deal with the fact they CAN do good things. Same with Cole. Vince was feeding Cole lines about FMW.

Loved Jericho-Neville - it was just what it needed to be. Divas title triple threat was a thing. BROCK-KOFI WAS PERFECT. Kofi took a great ass-kicking, but had enough from Kofi to where he didn't look like a total chump. Loved New Day being beaten up too - I now want Brock-Big E. Balor-Owens was just perfect. It had drama from beginning to end, and we got to see the WWE debut of BLOODY SUNDAY! "Fujiyami" celebration with Balor was nice. Glad to see Finn win it - they're doing everything right with him so far.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/07/wwe-presents-brock-lensar-beast-in-east.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/rmtwuiptmqsxjobv3ylvn62krv55z1gq

I really hate how K.O lies perfectly flat after the corner dropkick for Finn's finisher

Really annoyed me. Like damn, at least get Balor to set you up like Neville does for the Red Arrow

Ithil

Just watching the Tokyo special now, the NXT title match was awesome. Seeing streamers in a WWE match was surreal.

Why the holy hell wasn't that the main event?

Ithil

The commentary seemed a major step up in comparison to usual. I don't know if it was that they weren't being directed by Vince, or that it was just Cole and Saxton with no JBL or what.
But they weren't annoying or distracting, which is high praise indeed for WWE commentary.

Top Bottom