• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

DMczaf

jpBJQH5.gif

Preview & predictions for NJPW DOMINION 7.5 tomorrow;

http://www.theindycorner.com/columns/njpw-dominion-7-5-preview/

zBgOpoF.jpg

Looking forward to the show, it's a proper stacked card.

This should be fun, they had great matches at Dontaku and the G1 last year and finally Okada gets a shot at redemption. This is where I think Naito comes into play. He comes out with a Bullet Club shirt on, looks like he will hit Okada, but then drills AJ, joins CHAOS, Rainmaker, New Champ. Plus having Okada as champ adds so much more storylines in the G1. Will Tanahashi win to get yet another Tokyo Dome main event with his arch rival? Will Nakamura win to give us the forbidden match once again? Will AJ win to get his rematch? Since Okada plays both heel and face very well he makes a perfect champ since he can have a great match with anyone.

Interesting take on it, I hadn't thought of the possibility of Naito joining a faction. I'm pretty much in agreement with you on all the title predictions, but I think Omega retains with Bullet Club help, they beat down KUSHIDA and Ricochet makes the save to set-up a 3-way title match at the next best opportunity (G1 finals day, probably).

chunk3rvd

Anyone have any problems with the Network app on android? Trying to watch the Tokyo show on my Nexus 7 but when I try to play anything other than the live stream I just get a white spinning circle and nothing loads :/

Edit: it wasy ad blocker!

Fox318

If Brock does do 2 more live events who else do they book against him?

It probably won't be somebody who they see as a big money ppv show but who knows the network model changed things.

also

yICS04T.png

somedevil

The next NXT Special is the Brooklyn Show. I'm just wondering who is Balor going to face.

It probably won't be Owens because Summerslam is the next day. I wonder if it will be Samoa Joe or will they debut Uhaa Nation or will be someone else like Breeze or Crowe.

Fox318

The next NXT Special is the Brooklyn Show. I'm just wondering who is Balor going to face.

It probably won't be Owens because Summerslam is the next day. I wonder if it will be Samoa Joe or will they debut Uhaa Nation or will be someone else like Breeze or Crowe.

Do you know when Itami is coming back?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up on last nights WWE show. It's really great, worth the price of the network for a month, easy

Jopie

The up and comer Rhyno.

How much longer is Itami out?

I get the feeling either Itami or Finn is going to turn heel over that parking lot attack.

DMczaf

I honestly think Finn is in WWE by this fall.

They are paying that dude too much money to just be a WWE Network exclusive.

Fox318

We know who's coming for Finn
tumblr_nbsidxTYfP1si9kpgo4_250.gif

If the program is built up right this could be good. Plus he would be one of the few guys they have built up from scratch.

That NXT crowd is pretty smarky though it could backfire. Maybe you have a triple threat match.

Fox318

Finn being stuck in NXT for the foreseeable future kind of sucks.

Want to see him called up already. Guess we have to wait for the rumble.

Who would he work with? Outside of the paycheck the product is still better on NXT than on raw every week outside of the Ceno open challenge.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I eagerly await the day Baron Corbin learns how to control his facial muscles to convey emotions. Unless it's canon that his character suffers from depression, then it's OK.

bootaaay did you ever watch psycho clown from texano from last year's triplemania? i just watched it yesterday and highly recommend it

Who would he work with? Outside of the paycheck the product is still better on NXT than on raw every week outside of the Ceno open challenge.

Brock
Ambrose
Rollins

Balor is everything they want reigns to be. Good looking, great in ring, international appeal. Charisma. It's going to be hard to fuck him up

If they were smart they would let him have his Armani sponsorship back

UberTag

The commentary seemed a major step up in comparison to usual. I don't know if it was that they weren't being directed by Vince, or that it was just Cole and Saxton with no JBL or what.
But they weren't annoying or distracting, which is high praise indeed for WWE commentary.
guess who wasn't awake to talk to Cole this time
Pretty much this.
I fully suspect that Cole would easily rival one of the best commentators of all-time without Vince in his headset.

T_Exige

I paid $9.99 for Balor vs Owens, not regretting it. I think I got even a month for free.

It been a long time I got goosebumps from a wrestling entrance. Last one being Okada with buster sword/raptor and money flying all over the place.

The streamers at the start of the match were great, reminding me to Kobashi matches etc.

It also shocks me how many times they mention stuff from outside of WWE, like NJPW, IWGP, using names like Slingblade.
Shame they forgot the name of Balor his old finisher.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shit, I should have known better than to even look in here before watching the event. Gif spoilers all over, but that shit's on me.

Really cool result, at least, for the main event.

And LOL at people assuming Vince and Dunn weren't there. They were all over it, just deal with the fact they CAN do good things. Same with Cole. Vince was feeding Cole lines about FMW.

I'm surprised that people are surprised that WWE in fact knows how to cater to the audience it thinks is watching. The audience that watches a 2:00 a.m. internet-stream of a house show is the kind of audience that wants to hear about foreign promotions and the technical names of various moves.

Woke up late due to the event and I just gotta say again, Balor and Owens were at their A-game that night. Especially Owens and him yelling, "I hate this country and everyone in it." His heel game was on-point.

I'm hearing shocking news that my Kane and Barrett dream team lost, that hurts but the NXT title match made up for it by being pretty swish.

Fox318

Tough Enough contestants watching Beast in the East

MX5dnC6.png

What did anyone expect?

HHH grabbed every body builder/model type they could get plus ZZ and thought they could drive up ratings.

Honestly Vince should have just made it a height competition with a HHH portion on body building with a worked bench press competition with HHH going over with his record breaking 135 lb 1 rep bench press.

t2qNUH4.jpg

"I NEED A SPOTTER BECAUSE I'M OVER"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jericho vs Neville was full of the stuff austin was complaining about. Like a prime example of all of it. But I guess if it's house show booking it's less damning

C-1000 picks his,next target

tumblr_nqyu3wFusf1r9qa3no2_r1_250.gif

The merchandise sales alarm probably went off.

Note how to the naked eye he appears to be going for the Cena handshake/handraise of death, but on closer inspection his hand is just overwhelmed by the gravitational pull of the only singles title he hasn't held. Yet.

Top Bottom