• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

dream

I think I'm starting to see your point about Demon Fin, Data West. He's not any better, he's not any stronger, his moveset doesn't change. He's just painted up. It would make far more sense if he switched to a strong style moveset or something when he's in warpaint mode.

jred2k

I think I'm starting to see your point about Demon Fin, Data West. He's not any better, he's not any stronger, his moveset doesn't change. He's just painted up. It would make far more sense if he switched to a strong style moveset or something when he's in warpaint mode.

It also doesn't really make sense that he needed to bring out the Demon for this match. He had already pinned Kevin Owen without the paint so it's not like he had previously lost and then felt he needed to bring something more to the rematch.

Barrage

Why can't the producers on Raw get shots this good?

tumblr_nqz1h1s1uy1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Agreed. One of the best shots at a WWE event this year.

As for the event..I actually think I preferred Jericho/Nevile to Owens/Balor. The opener was just so surprising and stiff, while Balor still hasn't shown a ranged and versatile offense in WWE. It just stresses how Owens and Cena's chemistry really is lightning in a bottle.

And of course, Brock killing Kofi was dope.

dream

I also think blowing off the Joe vs. Owens feud with an Owens vs. Fin match just exposes how scattered NXT booking really is. I can't believe people keep falling for their smoke and mirrors.

dream

Also: as an old puroresu fan, hearing the fans chant "this is awesome" broke my heart.

Michael Cole was wonderful though. He showed that he's second only to Josh Barnett when he doesn't have Vince screaming in his ear.

zychi

Banned
I also think blowing off the Joe vs. Owens feud with an Owens vs. Fin match just exposes how scattered NXT booking really is. I can't believe people keep falling for their smoke and mirrors.
Finn is young and needs the belt. Joe will be on Raw soon.

kiguel182

Man, Finn vs Owens was so good. Such an amazing match. It's one of those matches that just represent everything I like about wrestling. Amazing.

I don't get why it didn't main-event but whatever. That was my main-event, didn't even watch the tag match. Just so good.

Lesnar being a beast was great to see as always and the women's triple threat wasn't half bad even if they were calling the spots a little too loud.

Neville vs Jericho was an enjoyable match with a dumb ending and too much finisher spamming. But seriously, Jericho going over? This guy loses to Fandango at Mania but doesn't put Neville over in this? So dumb. Neville has a lot to give to the company, I really didn't like the ending.

But again, Finn vs Owens might be my MOTY so far. Just loved it.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot. Commentary was great. Cole and Saxton did a great job. I guess without JBL and Vince screaming at their ears they can do a great job (even if they still refuse to call a ton of moves). I think Saxton still needs more personality to be a colour commentator but still, huge improvement over what we usually get.

Aiii

So not worth it

It's fine if you don't like thing. You don't have to keep mentioning how you don't like thing and how other people shouldn't like thing either, because you don't like thing.

It's okay.

They book him a lot better by keeping him in the ring in short bursts. He moves much faster than he did in the last years of the WWE and you can tell he's willing to try more stuff, but he's definitely slippery and a little botchy due to how beat up he is. Still enjoyable mainly due to what a huge draw he is and that he seems happy for the first time in years.
OEOA7p2.gif

ftycjFd.gif

3kiTswN.gif

That might also be Mundo at fault too though because I noticed Perro and Pentagod work way better with Rey
Wow, he's bouncing around like a Mexican jumping bean.

dream

It's fine if you don't like thing. You don't have to keep mentioning how you don't like thing and how other people shouldn't like thing either, because you don't like thing.

It's okay.

Mostly, I'm just surprised that people try to pretend that NXT is good solely on the basis of it not being Big WWE. The other day, I saw someone actually try to act like they like the Vaudevillains.

Striker

Neville vs Jericho was an enjoyable match with a dumb ending and too much finisher spamming. But seriously, Jericho going over? This guy loses to Fandango at Mania but doesn't put Neville over in this? So dumb. Neville has a lot to give to the company, I really didn't like the ending.
I didn't watch the match or anything, but Neville is going to be Evan Bourne tier. Should be expected by now.

I still remember those Bourne-Jericho matches and that's when Chris started putting over lots of the undercard guys. They didn't do anything with Boune in the following feud, no surprise.

klonere

Banned
Neville's going to be doing his 4 or 5 spot matches on Raw for 2 years and then get future endeavored.

He's got a nice high production entrance, an earnest smile, zero direction and no sign of any meaningful feud or development. I'm sad for him ;(

Heel

You could say dream is the Giant Bomb of professional wrestling in a Game Trailers world.

AORkYBF.gif

Millennials embrace passion, don't understand criticism.

zychi

Banned
Mostly, I'm just surprised that people try to pretend that NXT is good solely on the basis of it not being Big WWE. The other day, I saw someone actually try to act like they like the Vaudevillains.
People get excited for Brock, a guy who rarely shows up, has 5 moves he does, mostly punching, and doesnt put young talent over.

These same people were hating on Rock and Sting for the same thing.

Wwe fans like what theyre told to like. The exception being Cena.

kiguel182

Man, you are seriously one of the worst posters here. It's uncanny.

I didn't watch the match or anything, but Neville is going to be Evan Bourne tier. Should be expected by now.

I still remember those Bourne-Jericho matches and that's when Chris started putting over lots of the undercard guys. They didn't do anything with Boune in the following feud, no surprise.

Yeah, I guess. He isn't a good talker but I think if they at least showcased is move set better and let him do backstage promos and protected him he could at least amount to more than a "red arrow" machine.

And Jericho didn't put him over. He made him tap for some reason.

klonere

Banned
It was really nice to be able to get up at a normal hour and watch a card rather than slumping back into a taxi at some ridiculous hour of the morning.

somedevil

People get excited for Brock, a guy who rarely shows up, has 5 moves he does, mostly punching, and doesnt put young talent over.

These same people were hating on Rock and Sting for the same thing.

Wwe fans like what theyre told to like. The exception being Cena.

What are you talking about? Brock has faced mostly John Cena and Triple H and the Undertaker. The only young talent he faced is Reigns but no fan wanted him to win the title and he was not ready for it.

Plus when were people complaining about Sting? The guy had one match. Also, WWE fans like what they are told. lol. You forgot Bryan and boy the fans really like Sheamus when they were told too.

UberTag

Nintendo is the definition of the word carny.
Why can't Reggie leave Nintendo for the WWE?
He'd be in his natural element as a manager you'd love to hate and Nintendo could get someone competent to help clean up their NOA mess.

That's like a win-win for all parties concerned.

Man, you are seriously one of the worst posters here. It's uncanny.

Yeah, I guess. He isn't a good talker but I think if they at least showcased is move set better and let him do backstage promos and protected him he could at least amount to more than a "red arrow" machine.

And Jericho didn't put him over. He made him tap for some reason.

Although I agree Jericho going over was a bit odd, I thought it was great seeing the old Liontamer instead of the crappy standard boston crab he usually does.

Loved Balor/Owens, although thought it was weird that Balor busted out the Bloody Sunday for the first time to only get a two count - that should have been the move to finish the match after the coup de grace wasn't enough to put Owens down.

Does this mean Owens is going to get the US belt? I mean, he should, but Cenalol etc etc.

zychi

Banned
What are you talking about? Brock has faced mostly John Cena and Triple H and the Undertaker. The only young talent he faced is Reigns but no fan wanted him to win the title and he was not ready for it.

Plus when were people complaining about Sting? The guy had one match. Also, WWE fans like what they are told. lol. You forgot Bryan and boy the fans really like Sheamus when they were told too.
Lol. How little you actually remember.

Daniel Bryan is the exception to the rule. Look how well that turned out. There's no proof that it wasnt preplanned the entire time. Winning the rumble doesnt mean shit anymore. Just because a few fans booed Batista, who was a part timer who put over younger talent btw, doesnt mean the plan was for him to win and carry the belt into summerslam like the fraud Meltzer reported. How many shows did he show up to after WM30?

Reigns was never winning the title, the internet generation was fooled because of their whiny shit they pulled with DB and thinking itd work again. Seth was the real golden boy the whole time.

Sheamus is a heel currently, you're not supposed to like him.

Hhh is pushing Owens, his guy, no different then when they pushed Sheamus, only difference is you think you're not being told who to like.

Just enjoy what they tell you to enjoy, you're gonna watch anyway just like the rest of us.

They book him a lot better by keeping him in the ring in short bursts. He moves much faster than he did in the last years of the WWE and you can tell he's willing to try more stuff, but he's definitely slippery and a little botchy due to how beat up he is. Still enjoyable mainly due to what a huge draw he is and that he seems happy for the first time in years.
OEOA7p2.gif

ftycjFd.gif

3kiTswN.gif

That might also be Mundo at fault too though because I noticed Perro and Pentagod work way better with Rey

I'm sure I read that Lucha style is 'reversed' in that sequences are worked towards the left, where as normal wrestler everything is worked towards the right. Not sure if that's the case though. So like when you get up after a bump you stand up towards the right, you catch to the right, etc.

Hex

Banned

Well it was honestly a mess from the beginning.
Balor won the #1 contender slot, but then they signed Joe and what do they do?
Well Owens is already in a program with Cena, already has Balor as #1 contender so hey let's get Joe in the mix with Owens also.
Would have made more sense to get Joe mixed up with Rhino at first or something.

kiguel182

Well it was honestly a mess from the beginning.
Balor won the #1 contender slot, but then they signed Joe and what do they do?
Well Owens is already in a program with Cena, already has Balor as #1 contender so hey let's get Joe in the mix with Owens also.
Would have made more sense to get Joe mixed up with Rhino at first or something.

Yeah, they pushed Joe too soon. I was actually expecting Balor to lose and then have Joe be next in line but since they are putting Owens in the main roster doesn't make much sense.

Just a lot of badly timed things.

Top Bottom