• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Savitar

Vince McMahon as a judge, yeah there's a good way to try not to be offensive.

Good thing they got editing.

Hell as it is Tough Enough is basically what guy or girl do you expect to show up on TNA first.

Kaladin

Vince McMahon as a judge, yeah there's a good way to try not to be offensive.

Good thing they got editing.

Hell as it is Tough Enough is basically what guy or girl do you expect to show up on TNA first.

TNA wouldn't touch the winner of last season with a ten foot pole.

RP912

Banned
Ok folks keep talking about Owens is fat, but got Vader on the top five and he's almost a blimp. What's the difference between Owens fat and Vader fat?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok folks keep talking about Owens is fat, but got Vader on the top five and he's almost a blimp. What's the difference between Owens fat and Vader fat?

Vader looks strong. Owens does not. Vader has presence. Owens does not. Vader has a smoke-belching death mask. Owens has a beard with spittle in it.

klonere

Banned

Rusev had the graciousness to admit this fact to the fans

maxresdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds pretty accurate.

A man that can do cannonballs and move like a luchadore for his stature is a frightening image. I agree with the death mask though...

Fatasses can do it, it's not that special
tumblr_nj02kwFArP1snhdpvo7_r1_400.gif

La Hamburguesa was posted in here before, fatter than Owens
debatably
and more acrobatic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

tumblr_m4xjlm8og21qfop7wo1_1280.jpg

h5fnJmo.png

I swear I've been over this about ten times in the last week, but I'll say it again. Owens doesn't look like a monster, and they don't book him to wrestle midgets to give the illusion that he's a monster. Nobody becomes a fan of Kevin Owens just by looking at him. If you're a hardcore fan, I can see why you might like Kevin Owens because you know enough to give him that shot, but if you're Joe Schmo, he just looks like a fan. He's not tall enough to look gigantic with a burly build like a Stan Hansen, he's not big enough to be a Yokozuna sized monster. He just looks like an out of shape everyman. This is from the average viewers vantage point.

The perfect example of booking around this is Mil Muertes in LU because he looks massive due to him not wrestling taller guys. But if you see El Mesias in AAA, the same guy, he looks so shrimpy standing next to ADR.

Menome

*Next episode of Tough Enough has Hulk Hogan tear off his face to reveal Vince underneath*

"IT WAS ME AUSTIN, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

"Um...Steve isn't here."

"I'LL JUST HAVE TO JUDGE YOU THEN!"

jmdajr

tumblr_m4xjlm8og21qfop7wo1_1280.jpg

h5fnJmo.png

I swear I've been over this about ten times in the last week, but I'll say it again. Owens doesn't look like a monster, and they don't book him to wrestle midgets to give the illusion that he's a monster. Nobody becomes a fan of Kevin Owens just by looking at him. If you're a hardcore fan, I can see why you might like Kevin Owens because you know enough to give him that shot, but if you're Joe Schmo, he just looks like a fan. He's not tall enough to look gigantic with a burly build like a Stan Hansen, he's not big enough to be a Yokozuna sized monster. He just looks like an out of shape everyman. This is from the average viewers vantage point.

The perfect example of booking around this is Mil Muertes in LU because he looks massive due to him not wrestling taller guys. But if you see El Mesias in AAA, the same guy, he looks so shrimpy standing next to ADR.
These fucking pictures.

Lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's important to book someone to their strengths, like Heyman did with Tazz. Dude's 5'2. Looked larger than life until someone decided to expose him against grown-ass men.

They gotta protect someone's shortcomings and HONESTLY, this is PURE HONESTY from me, Owens is great at a LOT of things but not his look, not with non-NXT folks. You have to protect him and not make him look like a slob.

I love Owens, but the difference between he and Vader is obvious. Vader is intimidating due to the fact that he's built like a brick shithouse. Owens is intimidating because of his character work and/or his aggressive style.

klonere

Banned
You all seen obsessed with the weight of Owens friends. Is it a weight that weighs on your conscience when you sleep? Do you wonder if he's exposing da bidness with his poor physique? Do you shudder when he spits? Do you shake your head in shame when his midriff shakes? Do you wake up bathing in sweat, with an idea for an Owens gif where you edit him eating something? Do you quickly tab from your Word document, code editor or Excel spreadsheet to gift the world with your latest fat based joke?

Is there something you want to tell me, Wrasslegaf?

XxNvmVI.gif

its all good jokes mates

jmdajr

That fight with Cena, Cezaro, Orton, Sheamus, and Rusev was probably not the best idea. Just looked so out of place.

Hopefully he is working out with all those mofos.

Zach

You guys are comparing Kevin Owens to Vader again? C'maaaaah. Vader wins all day, every day. I like Owens just fine, but yeah, his look is anything but imposing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh I disagree about presence entirely.

I think sappy puppy Baron Corbin has more presence than Owens does, honestly. It's too bad he's made zero improvements.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not many things out there can't be solved with some jobbers

jmdajr

I hope he is not taking the opportunities HHH gave him for granted.

He better be spotting Sheamus and Rusev in the gym.

If he doesn't give a fuck totally ok though. But we can't be pissed when he doesn't go anywhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And to be fair to Owens, very few people in that current WWE locker room has any kind of presence. That would require being built up enough and having an interesting character that leaves you wanting more. And those scarcely exist in the modern WWE.

klonere

Banned
Oh I disagree about presence entirely.

I think sappy puppy Baron Corbin has more presence than Owens does, honestly. It's too bad he's made zero improvements.

Corbin's presence is garbage. His "intimating look" gives off the impression that he's worried that he left the gas on at home than being actually intimidating.

Besides its all moot, WWE don't want Owens to be intimidating. They want him to be an arrogant, cowardly heel, for whatever reason.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm almost exactly a year behind on NXT, and I've gotta say something.

Justin Gabriel is a giant compared to these indie midgets. It's unreal. He looked Rey sized in WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm almost exactly a year behind on NXT, and I've gotta say something.

Justin Gabriel is a giant compared to these indie midgets. It's unreal. He looked Rey sized in WWE.
Wait till Titus comes out. He's a MONSTER

Top Bottom