• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not going to take shit from someone whoi's name literally means castration
tumblr_nqyelfFyH61u70a6no7_1280.jpg

Gedo 'for Okada to take the business places it's never been before, he needs that (IWGP) belt'

Gedo 'I want (Okada) to be on the level of recognition of an Inoki or Choshu'

Okada 'there are still plenty of people in the world who don't know what NJPW is or what we do, I want to change that'

DOMINION in just under 7 hours.

Gedo 'for Okada to take the business places it's never been before, he needs that (IWGP) belt'

Gedo 'I want (Okada) to be on the level of recognition of an Inoki or Choshu'

Okada 'there are still plenty of people in the world who don't know what NJPW is or what we do, I want to change that'

DOMINION in just under 7 hours.

Highly considering staying up for it, I don't have work tomorrow and this is easily the most stacked card NJPW has done since WK9.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's a great, fairly short match that isn't on NJPW World(for some reason)

Jushin Liger vs Negro Casas 2010 These dudes have been feuding for practically their entire careers on and off. I don't think Liger's face anyone from outside of the NJPW umbrella more than Casas. It's a great thing too as both men are nearing their 50s go out and show why they're still two of the best in their division. A lot of the time you see a lot of old head old rivals in the heavyweight division, but not so much the juniors. It's great to see these two wrestle and see how they have evolved against each other between the years of their last matches as they excelled in their home promotions.

RP912

Banned
I can't see Okada as the equivalent of Inoki. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the best to come out of present day NJPW...but Inoki was on a whole different level. Dude pretty much birthed strong style and appealed throughout the world during his prime.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Owens vs Balor was really good. Far and away a better showcase for Owens as a complete package. His matches with Cena haven't been good, and their match last night really reinforces how stupid a finisher-fest is. Not to say Owens/Balor didn't have some finisher heavy moments, but it's just NXT. Lower standards there. Not a knock, it is what it is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The beginning of LA Park vs Dr Wagner JR starts with LA Park coming out to Bad To The Bone then Dr Wagner coming out to Bad Medicine then a flaming chair.
Z3GnV4X.gif

Stop AAA, there's only so much I can handle in the first 4 minutes. I need a moment to catch my breath.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The beginning of LA Park vs Dr Wagner JR starts with LA Park coming out to Bad To The Bone then Dr Wagner coming out to Bad Medicine then a flaming chair.
Z3GnV4X.gif

Stop AAA, there's only so much I can handle in the first 4 minutes. I need a moment to catch my breath.
I love how AAA and CMLL basically don't give a fuck about copyrights. Honestly it adds a lot.

Owens vs Balor was really good. Far and away a better showcase for Owens as a complete package. His matches with Cena haven't been good, and their match last night really reinforces how stupid a finisher-fest is. Not to say Owens/Balor didn't have some finisher heavy moments, but it's just NXT. Lower standards there. Not a knock, it is what it is.

but he a fat boi.

meaning he suks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love how AAA and CMLL basically don't give a fuck about copyrights. Honestly it adds a lot.

No joke, the entrance for LA Park coming out to Bad To The Bone with the crowd reaction is equally as good as Sandman coming out to Enter Sandman. And when Dr Wagner comes out to Bad Medicine, I look at that guy and go instantly, 'Yeah, that dude would totally be into Bon Jovi. Like on a serious level'

It never meant he sucks. He is getting bigger though, he is honestly gaining weight, but that has no bearing on his matches.

i mean he could lose a little here and there but he's fine just the way he is. In fact it's probably his defining trait. His size makes you underestimate him at times. Dude isn't exactly a walking heart attack waiting to happen.

Fuck, who was that one sumo wrestler Cure had as an avatar awhile ago? Now THAT'S something I should be concerned about.

EDIT: FOUND HIM

RyotaHama.jpg

I said god damn

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hama-chan is a legit badass. Owens still appears to be a Wal-Mart shopper.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My favorite angle of 2015 is 'Hideki Suzuki is the Wrestle-1 champion and realizes what a garbage promotion it is so treats the title and its roster with as much respect as it deserves'
gre5rhegthh54h54izsxu.gif

This was after he jobbed out the ace of the company in 6 minutes after an epic training montage for said ace

tm24

Z3GnV4X.gif

Is this the match where LA PARK burns a Dr Wagner towel in the middle of the ring before they brawl in the crowd for like 15 minutes?

EDIT: I just realized this is probably every match between the two and doesn't help narrow it down.

Also, Liger's run vs luchadores in 2010 is great. His match vs Mistico is good too

DMczaf

A new "Bruce Hart is a prick" story

This week's episode of “Talk is Jericho” with Chris Jericho features Tyson Kidd and Natalya at this link. Jericho noted that Natalya was one of his first guests when he started doing the podcast and was the very first person he named when WWE asked who he wanted to interview.

At the end of the show, Jericho asked about Bret Hart's return to the ring in 2010 at WrestleMania 26, and what it meant to the Hart Family. Tyson said that WrestleMania was the first time the entire family was together since Stu Hart's funeral six years earlier, and even that was a milestone considering how splintered the family became after Owen Hart's tragic passing. Natalya said that even WrestleMania was not without its drama and Kidd added that the first problem occurred when Natalya's Aunt Allison told off John “Johnny Ace” Laurinaitis, the then-head of WWE talent relations. She caused a scene on Thursday—days before any of the festivities, because she was hungry, and didn't feel like she should have to pay for her own food.

Bret was said to be furious with his family and reminded them that while they might be making special appearances, Tyson, Natalya, and Harry Smith still had to work in WWE. Ross Hart asked why their behavior should affect the current Superstars, to which Bret responded: “Do you have rocks in your head, Ross?”

They described the planning process behind Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon at WrestleMania and said Vince was in a room with the Hart Dynasty, a dozen additional members of the Hart Family, Triple H and Shawn Michaels. Vince laid out the format, and Bruce Hart interrupted with: “No, this doesn't make sense. That basically turns you babyface.”

Bruce started coming up with alternate ideas, before Vince could even get into the match. Bruce continued to interrupt and said that Batista should be involved, because of his prior altercation with Bret. Michael "PS" Hayes responded with: “Batista's got kind of a big match that night.”

For those that don't remember, Batista headlined that show against John Cena. Bruce started pitching SummerSlam matches until Bret interrupted him and ordered him to shut up. Bruce then decided to stop talking to the group and began to whisper loudly to his brothers. Natalya's mother stood up out of nowhere and said: “I think Jim [Neidhart] should be involved.”

Jim, according to Natalya, is the most normal one in the family, probably because he's not a blood relative, and decides to keep his mouth shut. Then there was a debate over who would play the part of the special referee. Bruce was originally pegged for the role but according to the rest of the family, “Wayne was always the referee in Stampede. Wayne should be the referee.”

According to Natalya, Vince McMahon was very entertained by all of this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is this the match where LA PARK burns a Dr Wagner towel in the middle of the ring before they brawl in the crowd for like 15 minutes?

Also, Liger's run vs luchadores in 2010 is great. His match vs Mistico is good too

If it's the one where there's ref shenanigans at the end, yes. I feel like most LA Park matches are brawling in the crowd for 15 minutes. Which works out because he's a top 5 brawler.
6OTHvRy.gif

I think all you have to do to get Liger to show up for a tour is promise pretty ring girls

Hex

Banned
Z3GnV4X.gif

Where can you watch this?

tm24

If it's the one where there's ref shenanigans at the end, yes. I feel like most LA Park matches are brawling in the crowd for 15 minutes. Which works out because he's a top 5 brawler.
6OTHvRy.gif

I think all you have to do to get Liger to show up for a tour is promise pretty ring girls

Yeah, that one is my fav. Since you saw the entrances, that means you watched the edited version. There's a longer version which has way more brawling and its so satisfying

Where can you watch this?

tumblr_mdlub2NrG31qzx70zo1_500.jpg

EDITED version

FULL version

Arena Naucalpan seems like such a rad place to watch wrestling

DMczaf

On this day 28 years ago

The War Games match debuted in Atlanta's Omni. The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard & Lex Luger) & manager JJ Dillon lost to the team of Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, The Road Warriors & manager Paul Ellering.

Top Bottom