• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Skimmed through the show this morning - really enjoying spending a bit more time with the matches I cared about. Haven't gotten through everything, but the main event was an all-time great. All of the finishing stuff at the end...damn, that was Flair-Steamboat slick there. IC Title match had the right result, and the heavyweight tag title match was about what it needed to be and the best match between the teams so far.

Screens -

King of Strong Style and Ninjitsu

Queen of Fanservice

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/dz17v85tjp4ygm188y76zdu671xv6nmj

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ce916f419905209.jpg

kKW3K55.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather see TenKoji's old butts with the tag titles than another The Kingdom and Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson match.

I'd rather see Yano and Iizuka with the tag titles than another The Kingdom and Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson match.

Give em to Naito and Sombra. Sombra part time with the titles is still better than Gallows and Anderson full time with it

I'd never made the connection between Superstar's gear and Hogan's long pants...wow. That wound up being a perfect look for both of them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
KUSHIDA was real impressive last night. If Ricochet is around more often that has me a little more hopeful about that division, but they still need more. Though now I expect Gedo to book Ricochet to join Bullet Club
e5YuU.gif

Ishii vs Makabe was like every Ishii match and every Makabe match of the last 3 years. Stop with this.

Funny to see how Ibushi has completely fallen into the Naito spot despite people thinking he'd be different.

Naito didn't win the New Japan Cup and get to main event a sold out Ryogoku show, earning New Japan their 3rd biggest gate of the year. Also, check out the announced G1 matches - lots of focus on Ibushi. If anything, Ibushi been treated far better than Naito has and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some resentment from Naito when they meet in the G1.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Naito didn't win the New Japan Cup and get to main event a sold out Ryogoku show, earning New Japan their 3rd biggest gate of the year. Also, check out the announced G1 matches - lots of focus on Ibushi. If anything, Ibushi been treated far better than Naito has and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some resentment from Naito when they meet in the G1.

Ibushi never won G1. Both have fallen off slightly due to not being Okada. I mean. Not having anything for them currently. I think you see something at the G1 card that I just don't see. Especially now after the main title change.

I think you see something at the G1 card that I just don't see.

Four of the nine announced matches feature Ibushi - even if he doesn't win the thing (which he won't), there'll be a lot of attention on his matches that will hopefully put him in good standing for the rest of the year. A year that he was a big part of for the first quarter.

Also, I don't think it's fair to say that either Naito & Ibushi have fallen off due to Okada - there's room for more than just Okada (this is the part where you say something like "tell Gedo that!" :p), but plans change. As evidenced by the poor booking of Naito's run to the Tokyo Dome or Ibushi's concussion that kept him out of the G1 and likely stalled what they had in store for him. Also, it really seemed like they were setting up Ibushi & Naito to challenge for the tag belts this year, but it never materialised and Naito went to Mexico instead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
See, I guess I have money mark in my head when I see 4/9 matches involving Ibushi. What I see when I see that is that Ibushi has his own built in fanbase that's different from the NJPW one, everyone knows that, so I see that more as 'Hey DDT guys and people who like Ibushi. Make sure you watch G1 because we got him.'

I know exactly who is winning G1 after last night.

tumblr_nla9efR09v1qf7xjao3_500.gif

Got around to seeing Jurassic World.

Man talk about slapped together from every hollywood plot ever

• evil military plot
  • heroic carnivorous animals
  • underwritten "perfect" fictional creature
  • shitty romance
  • workaholic woman just needs a man and some kids in her life

I would hardly call co main event of WK and main eventing invasion attack being down graded.

I expect ibushi to get one or 2 big wins in the G1. Seems like a slow burn

tm24

Is there a reason dorada is doing jack shit right now.mat least send him to NOAH to have matcha with some of their awesome hrs.mimagine Zack sabre jr vs Dorada
He still somehow does more than he does in CMLL! CMLL is terrible
Give em to Naito and Sombra. Sombra part time with the titles is still better than Gallows and Anderson full time with it

I've read a few times that NJPW has been trying to get Rush as the next one year deal and that would be quite the get

He still somehow does more than he does in CMLL! CMLL is terrible

I've read a few times that NJPW has been trying to get Rush as the next one year deal and that would be quite the get

Doesn't rush have legal problems? Something about pushing a security guard.

DMczaf

He's actually doing fine as Ambrose's little buddy, though this feud with Bray might not be great.

Guess who's getting sucked into the Bray Wyatt Abyss as well?

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins (street fight) for WWE WHC, Rollins pins Ambrose after Bray Wyatt interferes and hits Sister Abigail on Ambrose. Reigns comes out after the match to spear Wyatt (30 mins, too many rest spots but otherwise a good match)

Fox318

From July 4th house show

Congrats, Vince. Roman is now behind Natalya and a shitty tag team.
nUnXfem.jpg

"WHAT DONT THESE SUCKERS SEE IN HIM!!?? HE HAS THE BLOOD OF THE ROCKY MAVIA, THE LOOK OF KEVIN NASH, THE TALKING ABILITY OF KHALI, AND THE WORKRATE OF ROSA MENDES

HE EVEN HAS BLUE CONTACTS IN NOW DAMN IT"

Got around to seeing Jurassic World.

Man talk about slapped together from every hollywood plot ever

• evil military plot
  • heroic carnivorous animals
  • underwritten "perfect" fictional creature
  • shitty romance
  • workaholic woman just needs a man and some kids in her life

I felt the heel in the film was based on Big Boss Man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Roman has been helped tremendously by two things.

1. Having very solid PPV matches since Fastlane.
2. Bryan not being around to steal attention.

Wyatt though, might be a hard hill to climb. No one besides Bryan at his hottest came out of a feud with Wyatt looking good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I've learned anything from watching all this lucha libre lately it's this
cmT8aEH.gif

Mexico has the best heels due to having the best crowds. And bloody ripped up masks are the most savage looking thing.

Roman has been helped tremendously by two things.

1. Having very solid PPV matches since Fastlane.
2. Bryan not being around to steal attention.

Wyatt though, might be a hard hill to climb. No one besides Bryan at his hottest came out of a feud with Wyatt looking good.
Then why isn't this being reflected in the numbers of the decibel readings of his pops?

Just saw The Beast in the East and thought it was pretty good. Didn't bother watching that tag team main event though. Finn needs to drop the face paint or use some different colors because he looks like an idiot once all the lights go up. Great match though. WWE should just let J Sports do it's camera work. It was nice to see someone throw a punch and the camera not change before it connected.

From July 4th house show

Congrats, Vince. Roman is now behind Natalya and a shitty tag team.
3PSGaK6.gif

From a reputable sports website

The WWE Universe is excited for the match between Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt at the 2015 edition of the Battleground pay-per-view on Sunday, July 19, but it should be Reigns who is most excited because of how this battle will elevate his character.

The biggest criticisms of Reigns have been his struggles on the mic. Luckily, Wyatt has the ability to cut some of the best promos in WWE, and he will carry this entire feud storyline-wise.

Inside the ring there have been criticisms of Reigns as well, but once again, Wyatt will be there to help.

Wyatt has the potential to make Reigns look so strong.

The storyline between Reigns and Wyatt should help cement both men as top stars.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can Dragon Gate temporarily bring in Fenix to wrestle Flamita since they teased that at Caralucha where the only footage is highlights and fan footage

tm24

Can Dragon Gate temporarily bring in Fenix to wrestle Flamita since they teased that at Caralucha where the only footage is highlights and fan footage

There is that handcam of a 6 man tag where they're on opposite sides floating around the internet. The handcam isnt that bad.

Apparently AAA tried real hard to get Flamita, but Flamita didn't like the offer and didnt want to get lost in the cruiser overflow that AAA has

Top Bottom