• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Heel

Ric Flair's WOOOOO!™ Nation podcast has settled into just being a solid hour old timin' with his buddies, aided by the power of Ric's gift of uncanny memory. His co-host has learned to just soak it in and laugh, throwing in a question or two at the end to satiate his smark curiosity.

A highlight of the podcast, despite Ric's uncanny memory, is his odd tendency to say a sentence, laugh, and then repeat the same sentence again, expecting his guest to laugh again. His mind is likely slipping due to dementia, but it's a fantastic quirk at this juncture.

I'd rank it just below Austin as best wrasslin' cast, an thas a straight up shoot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't like a thread that shits on Maria's ass. I'm disapointed in all of you

Entropia

No One Remembers
So, seeing some people on my twitter saying some masked indie dude got outed (as in, who it is under the mask)???

Just finished watching DOMINION. Great fucking show, easily the best New Japan has done since WK9.

The Jr tag title three way was actually a lot of fun this time out, they kept it way more focused and less about spot spot spot. Thank God the Bucks won, those titles needed some stability.

Naito/Honma vs. Yujiro/Fale was....interesting and kind of funny, with Honma basically wresting the match by himself and Naito not giving a shit. Always love to see Honma actually win, other than that, meh.

Saku/Shibata was AWESOME. They told a great story with Shibata not being quite good enough to match his mentor, and then beating him in the end. Hopefully this leads to bigger things for Shibata in the future, he really needs to be in the IC or HW title picture, dude is fucking fantastic.

Omega/KUSHIDA was very good, told a great story of KUSHIDA trying to achieve his dream and Omega just being a gigantic dick. The counter of the Katayoki no Tenshi into the Hoverboard Lock was sweet.

Ishii/Makabe was...well, the same as their other matches, two hosses beating the snot out of each other. Kind of funny to see Ishii miss that tope by a mile. Also, Makabe winning makes no sense...unless Ishii is being elevated to the IC belt? He has a win against Goto, AND is facing him in the G1. Hmm...

Anderson/Gallows vs. Kingdom...yeah I fucking hate this feud. Amber and Maria are both really hot (although my pick would be Amber, please don't kill me, Doc) but this match was just a mess. And looks like the feud. will continue. Whoopieeeee.

Tanahashi vs. Yano entertained me way more than I thought it would. I loved Yano knowing he couldn't beat him straight up, so he kept cheating to get the upper hand. The end was no surprise.

Goto vs. Nakamura - THE SWAGNOBI KENZAN! I was honestly a little disappointed by this match. Both of these guys are capable of much better and I felt they were going through the motions. A big step down from their Dontaku match. Now Swagsuke can go on to the G1 and get back the HW title.

Okada vs. AJ was frigging awesome and an easy MOTN pick. Everything was really crisp and both busted out some new moves, like AJ's springboard forearm with the barricade and Okada's DVD off the top onto the apron. The finishing sequence was absolutely incredible. Great to see Okada as champ again, he deserves it.

So yeah, I wouldn't pick it over WK9 as nothing hit the ***** range, but it was a fun watch. Can't wait for what should be an epic G1.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright so now I'm 2 episodes into DBZ. I have a few questions.

1: Does Goku only have one brother?
2: I'm sure Raditz is going to eat shit, but he seems pretty dope. Will he be back if he eats shit?
3: Do people stay dead?
4: Do these crybaby children ever die? Or stop crying
5: Did they really name their home planet Vegeta?

What's with all the veggie references? Carrot, radish, vegetable..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's not redeemed until he beats the once in a lifetime ace.

Also his 'worst year ever' ended 2 months after it started

NoRéN

2: I'm sure Raditz is going to eat shit, but he seems pretty dope. Will he be back if he eats shit?

1. I think so.
2. Yeah, he dead.
3. Not if they are wished back with the dragon balls.
4. They stop crying.
5. Yes because arrogance.

They do that with name. Ex. Frieza, Cooler, King Cold. Bi bidi, Babidi, Buu.

Heel

Shoutout to Dende, UFC fighter.

peUDJNll.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stop watching DBZ while you still can and watch Dragon Ball. And then never watch Z.

Isn't that a comedy? I dunno if I'm down for that Japanese "baby running around so let's animate his dick" comedy that was popular at that time.

1) He has another relative, but he's movie only so you don't need to worry.
2) Stays dead. Shows up in a flashback, but that's it.
3) Most don't thanks to the Dragon Balls. Mainly the heroes, but a handful of villains also.
4) They stop, but later in the series. Gohan doesn't stop until he's literally left to die by Piccolo.
5) It's a royalty thing.

Most if the character names are puns of food or something else, but get lost in translation.

Why is my Twitter blowing up about bullshit about it being a dick move to expose a masked wrestler's identity

What is this, Civil War

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dragon Ball is like old school territory wrasslin
DBZ is indie wrasslin got to get my shit in everyone does the same spots except it goes on for far too long

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DBZ is good stuff up through the end of the Frieza saga. Android/Cell stuff is ok but the Buu saga goes totally off the rails.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No, Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment.

Is that like the Zapping System

Where's the 'inspired by Resident Evil classic series' kickstarter? Those aren't hot with the kids? Think about all the money you'd save on prerendered backgrounds. I can take a picture and that's a prerendered background

Top Bottom