• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A noble mind will beat a 1/100 talent, 100 times.

What do you think history will say in regards of AJ Styles being one of the all-time greats? Cause I remember him being one of my absolute favorites growing up, but since forgotten about him because LOLTNA.

Aiii

So not worth it
He'll be a top guy in Japan for years to come, along with his ROH stuff, people won't even remember all the shit Dixie, Hulk, Bischoff, and all those guys made him do in TNA.

I mean my education of AJ Styles started when I was watching video streams off of Windows Media Player of montages of his flips on TNA and that one match with Paul London with Godsmack playing in the background.

12-year old me ate that shit up though.

YegEMYU.png

:(

he'll be remembered for having the worst hair in pro wrestling. even naitos not as bad as emo dad

When it's dry, for sure it looks dumb. But when it's wet, pretty badass.

15106_655734244462888_4958363587344705668_n-2.jpg

dream

Where are you watching the New Japan show, DMczaf? and don't bs me about paying for their streaming service.

PInk Tape

Banned
Got around to seeing Jurassic World.

Man talk about slapped together from every hollywood plot ever

• evil military plot
  • heroic carnivorous animals
  • underwritten "perfect" fictional creature
  • shitty romance
  • workaholic woman just needs a man and some kids in her life

The best part of that movie was that extra hauling some serious ass while holding two gigantic margaritas, IMO.

klonere

Banned
I saw a lot of chat about people not liking Okada in various places (I've seen our own illustrious Data West refer to him as a "human heat sucking machine"). Has he just been in too many samey main events?

somedevil

I hope John Pollock does a review and breaks down the whole thing. I love his style.

The funny thing was he was almost chosen to be with JR when they did the English version of Wrestlekingdom. Instead they chose Striker.

You will get a review of it with Japanese Audio Wrestling. Just hope they have Pollock as a guest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saw a lot of chat about people not liking Okada in various places (I've seen our own illustrious Data West refer to him as a "human heat sucking machine"). Has he just been in too many samey main events?

He's the status quo is the issue and they have run Okada/Tanahashi into the ground. He's a pretty good wrestler, but I think he's very predictable based on his opponents which you can't blame him too much because he's super young, but you just look at NJPW's roster and see all the other talent that doesn't get a main event run while NJPW sticks to the same three guys(and sometimes AJ)

The funny thing was he was almost chosen to be with JR when they did the English version of Wrestlekingdom. Instead they chose Striker.

You will get a review of it with Japanese Audio Wrestling. Just hope they have Pollock as a guest.

Listening to Review-a-Wai of NJPW on AXS was my first exposure. Now Review-a-Raw is one of my top weekly podcasts.

klonere

Banned
He's the status quo is the issue and they have run Okada/Tanahashi into the ground. He's a pretty good wrestler, but I think he's very predictable based on his opponents which you can't blame him too much because he's super young, but you just look at NJPW's roster and see all the other talent that doesn't get a main event run while NJPW sticks to the same three guys(and sometimes AJ)

Ah k. Names I saw thrown around as being "wasted" were Naito and Shibata. Okada is still pretty fresh for me but looking over the match history for NJPW there is a LOT of Tanahashi/Okada main events.

Dominion was a pretty great show, even if I still can't stand the multi man tags (specifically the Jr. Tag belt match which I feel I've watched a lot)

somedevil

Listening to Review-a-Wai of NJPW on AXS was my first exposure. Now Review-a-Raw is one of my top weekly podcasts.

Japanese Audio Wrestling is a once a month podcast on the fight network that deals with Japanese wrestling. Its done by Chris Charlton and WH Park. Chris Charlton is also putting out a book on the history of New Japan.

Considering the state of wrestling commentary. Surprised English commentary is still a deal. Dealer. JR and Mauro are too busy to call everyone. Although Mauro would probably do it

klonere

Banned
Ric Flair said:
They tested me for four hours....The doctor said "there's something wrong with you, has to be" and I said "yeah its called an hour Broadway every night, brother". They cleared me. The guy looked at me and said that I was a medical miracle

Ric Flair is never going to die. This was from his recent podcast with Luger.

I hope Finn Balor gets a new finisher in WWE.

The top rope stomp is a good middle of the match move but as a finisher it takes too long to pull out.

But if Bloody Sunday was a little less brain buster-y it would lose its impact as well so i dunno.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Never did see Rock vs Hogan at Mania X8. My god, the crowd is eating out of their hands. Masterpiece.

klonere

Banned
I hope Finn Balor gets a new finisher in WWE.

The top rope stomp is a good middle of the match move but as a finisher it takes too long to pull out.

But if Bloody Sunday was a little less brain buster-y it would lose its impact as well so i dunno.

I was thinking some sort of quick transition, brutal looking submission hold would be good for demon Finn. Flippy shit is too obvious and not vicious enough for the demon thing, which has been talked up as his "dark side" with not much to show for it in actual wrestling/personality,

What I'm saying is give him an Atsushi Aoki armbar.

YJukgCV.gif

Top Bottom