• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sabucin

Originally the entire story were: From Dragon Ball until the death of Freezer, but the manga was selling like a Main Event of Roman Reigns vs The Miz so Toriyama had to extend the story.

Which if you think about it, would it be perfect: Freezer kills Goku's dad and extermine the entire saijan's civilization and after decades Goku avenges his dad and his race.

The perfect circle.

Heroman

Banned
Originally the entire story were: From Dragon Ball until the death of Freezer, but the manga was selling like a Main Event of Roman Reigns vs The Miz so Toriyama had to extend the story.

Which if you think about it, would it be perfect: Freezer kills Goku's dad and extermine the entire saijan's civilization and after decades Goku avenges his dad and his race.

The perfect circle.

But goku doesn't care about his dad or his race, all he wanted to do was fight strong dudes.

The perfect circle.
So it was basically the Breaking Bad formula, wherein Vince Gilligan had to keep introducing a new "Tuco" every season for Walt to triumph over.

Fox318

Guys, DBZ is better than Dragon ball.

bMMwhH6.gif

that one dude's a pig man what the fuck's that all about
Look at Data West trying to play it #Safe like he doesn't know Dragon Ball was inspired by the Chinese Legend of the Monkey King.

You're the biggest Yellow Fevered Weeaboo here, pal. You're not fooling anyone.

dream

Where are all these people watching last night's New Japan Pro Wrestling show, bean breath? Do you think they all subscribe to that streaming service?

Where are all these people watching last night's New Japan Pro Wrestling show, bean breath? Do you think they all subscribe to that streaming service?
I think they're following the same precedent that was set in the anime and manga communities that allows them to openly discuss material they've pirated, in full view of moderators, on the basis that "It's not available here, so who's getting hurt?".

Ultratech

Dragonball's problem is that the first part is a complete slog. Once Krillin and the RR stuff start, its all good.

Yeah...I guess that is kinda right.

The first little saga is mostly comedy and stuff.

Once they start the Tourney and the Red Ribbon stuff, it gets good.

Personally, I liked DB better than DBZ.

DBZ is great up to the end of Namek, then falls off with the Androids and everything beyond that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is this some more viral shit by Mike Quackenbush? Because he is the only person, or maybe the 12 Chikara fans, are the ONLY people that would think anyone gives a flying fuck about the identity of a god damn Chikara Ant

I had a friend try to tell me GT was better than Ball

ab2eaa419907132.jpg

Also fuck Quakenbush. That doesn't necessarily have to do with the unmasking, but just in general. Once an asshat, forever an asshat.

Is this some more viral shit by Mike Quackenbush? Because he is the only person, or maybe the 12 Chikara fans, are the ONLY people that would think anyone gives a flying fuck about the identity of a god damn Chikara Ant
Maybe BillRiccio will come back to shed some light on this and bury BronsonLee.

Sabucin

I had a friend try to tell me GT was better than Ball

ab2eaa419907132.jpg

Also fuck Quakenbush. That doesn't necessarily have to do with the unmasking, but just in general. Once an asshat, forever an asshat.

I have never expressed my opinion about Quakenbush because I thought that was alone in that train.... I guess I was wrong.

From what I understand, some podcast talked about the work that Silver Ant did unmasked elsewhere.

Brandon Stroud and another person (some girl they know) tried to blow up the podcast's shit, not realizing that by doing that they

A: legitimized the fucking thing
B: drew more attention to it
C: are fucking stupid

It's not a viral thing.

He does things his way, for better or worse.
It's worse.

Maybe BillRiccio will come back to shed some light on this and bury BronsonLee.

Oh THAT was that dude's name! I'd forgotten.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's how you figure out the identity of any Ant from Chikara.

Go to some Philly based low rent indy hardly anyone watches. Find the guy who wrestles like he works for CHIKARA and if he's not on the current CHIKARA roster, bam. You got him.

But we're cool acknowledging that Drew Gulak was an Ant and that Hero and Quackenbush were Ice Creams, right?

Almost spelled it Quackenbish, which entertained me.

Here's how you figure out the identity of any Ant from Chikara.

Go to some Philly based low rent indy hardly anyone watches. Find the guy who wrestles like he works for CHIKARA and if he's not on the current CHIKARA roster, bam. You got him.

lololololo

It's honestly so fucking easy. Especially if they're working CHIKARA guys before.

I always thought that extreme secrecy was amusing, but very silly in retrospect.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CZW does have Nick Gage though. And Nick Gage is, far and away, the most interesting man in North American wrestling.

I'm not even joking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just saw a webm of Kenny Omega doing some terminator shit and it was amazing

tm24

I didn't even know this was about a chikara dude when I made the Quackenbush crack, i just wanted to take the opportunity to crack on Quackenbush

Top Bottom