• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
WHY THE FUCK DO I COME OUT TO KOFI KINGSTON'S MUSIC
AND LOOK LIKE A FAT MUMMY

Never mind fuck it I won
I'm the best in the world! I CAN CASH IN ANY TIME

These ratings are all Daniel Bryans fault somehow.

(I have not been able to watch a full RAW since the weeks following mania. These days I catch the start of the show and maybe watch some clips on youtube if I feel like it the day after. I cant quite put my finger on why. Seth is great and Cena has been doing some of the best work of his career)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Macho Man is officially when the NWO's recruitment starts to make no sense.

Well, it starts with the Giant but at least that's kinda cool and imposing in a way. They both have the same problem though in that they don't like hogan and want the belt.

Everyone before that though, fits in logically.

Outsiders, Hogan, well, duh.

Million Dollar Man is the money and is also from "Up North"

Giant, well, was originally going to be the British Bulldog, which would have made tons of sense.

Syxx is, of course, Scott Hall's little buddy and the NWO's cruiserweight/TV title guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Giant doesn't fit. It was like 'oh we brought in this big guy'

but NWO already had a big guy. Who was booked better than the Giant who was this goofball Dungeon of Doom reject.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Giant doesn't fit. It was like 'oh we brought in this big guy'

but NWO already had a big guy. Who was booked better than the Giant who was this goofball Dungeon of Doom reject.

Giant is booked STRONG AS FUCK. Dude never loses....though I guess Nash doesn't either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Best Rock vs Austin match? I'm feeling nostalgic

RP912

Banned
Watching New Legacy using the PC Trainer for WWE 2k15....Yukes should put out a Goat Simulator type of wrestling game. I mean not a stitch of polish and a shit load of bugs. Just go full retard with the game and put it on steam.

I'm watching the diva match and right before commercial they have Nikki near a fan. Is that fan the same one that gave us the hilarious laugh gif when steph and brie went at it?

Watching New Legacy using the PC Trainer for WWE 2k15....Yukes should put out a Goat Simulator type of wrestling game. I mean not a stitch of polish and a shit load of bugs. Just go full retard with the game and put it on steam.

They did, it's called WWE 2K15!

dream

good god those supershow ratings. at this point, they should just cancel it and run that show where wrestlers rib each other instead.

Fox318

VFuqRSJ.png

SD spoiler

Bray Wyatt defeated Dean Ambrose clean

rip

That will show him for getting more over than the Rock's cousin!!!
Just ribbin' ya.

Fox318, you just got Swerved!

aRH5b2n.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WHY THE FUCK DO I COME OUT TO KOFI KINGSTON'S MUSIC
AND LOOK LIKE A FAT MUMMY

Never mind fuck it I won
I'm the best in the world! I CAN CASH IN ANY TIME

Mummy? Mummy? If you were a mummy you'd be booked to win every time.

I hear them shoutin'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lmao @ "Dolph we comin for you Ziggla" sign

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like this bit in late 1996 where Bischoff goes to the hotel room to confront the NWO one Nitro and basically the first thing out of Brain's mouth is, well, he's going there alone so either he has a death wish or he's joined the NWO and Schiavone and Tenay...pretty much agree! They later have the conversation about suspecting everyone and being paranoid and Stang being right all along to kind temper that a bit, but it's a pretty cool moment where everyone in the announcers booth is using their brains.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like this bit in late 1996 where Bischoff goes to the hotel room to confront the NWO one Nitro and basically the first thing out of Brain's mouth is, well, he's going there alone so either he has a death wish or he's joined the NWO and Schiavone and Tenay...pretty much agree! They later have the conversation about suspecting everyone and being paranoid and Stang being right all along to kind temper that a bit, but it's a pretty cool moment where everyone in the announcers booth is using their brains.

They don't call him the Brain for nothin'! It's shocking that Tony agreed, though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They hem and haw for maybe 20 seconds before they agree. There's also a brief conversation about maybe Macho Man joining, but that's ridiculous as he HATES Hogan, but since the running storyline of the night involves Elizabeth talking with the NWO he ends up getting involved.

I've decided the real shark jump for the NWO comes with Dusty joining. It's unnecessary, completely out of character Russo type swerve that only serves to write him off TV.

RP912

Banned
NWO got played out the moment they did factions :/. It was corny, over saturated, and really didn't make no sense. WCW won the war and they still around because of what again? What really hurts is the fact they had a godtier roster in 98 and didn't know what the fuck to do with it. I wish the NWO promotion would have pulled through, I enjoyed Souled Out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I stand by the idea that the factionalization as a storyline would have made perfect sense if Stang won clean at Starrcade. Hogan is suddenly no longer immortal, Nash decides to do it his own way, the two sides fight while Stang moves on to fight Bret, then maybe Nash after the Wolfpac beats the snot out of Hollywood. Then rest both of them until you do the reunion angle somewhere down the line.

NWO shirts sold too much sadly for them to ever go that route.

Zach

I wish we could watch classic Nitros chronologically on Monday nights instead of modern-day RAWs. You guys are the worst.

SD

* The show started with an in-ring promo from Seth Rollins with J&J Security and a RAW recap. Rollins vs. Roman Reigns is announced for the main event and Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt is also announced. Ambrose interrupts and Rollins makes his match for right now

* Bray Wyatt defeated Dean Ambrose clean

* Mark Henry vs. Ryback was announced for later

* Adam Rose attempts to cut a promo but he's interrupted by King R-Truth. Truth defeats him by pinfall

* Mark Henry is upset and comes out to cut a promo on Ryback. Ryback wins their match by pinfall after Shellshocked

* Brie Bella defeated Naomi with help from Alicia Fox

* The Prime Time Players defeated The Ascension in a non-title match

* Rusev comes out to cut a promo on Dolph Ziggler and Lana

* Seth Rollins cut a promo in the ring saying if Roman Reigns doesn't come out by the count of 10 then he wins by forfeit. Reigns makes it out but the match ends in DQ when J&J Security attacks Reigns. Ambrose runs out to make the save. Rollins and Noble escape while Reigns and Ambrose destroy Mercury to end SmackDown

RP912

Banned
Wouldn't that have been fantastic? Sting crushing Hogan and then going on to feud with Bret?

It would have made sense as well. Imagine Sting beating Hogan clean as a whistle at the end of Starrcade, out of no where Bret Hart walks to the ring and stares Sting down...then walks off while people continue celebrating. It would have been money, yet we get Hart/Flair and a Hogan/Sting rematch at Superbrawl :/. Fucking Hogan...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wouldn't that have been fantastic? Sting crushing Hogan and then going on to feud with Bret?

It's written in the fucking stars, another real world champion angle, only slightly tweaked. Face versus face. Same finisher. They even wrote Starrcade perfectly to introduce the feud, oh hey thanks for saving me from that quick count oh wait you did it so we can prove who really is the best/real world's champion. Instead that kinda happens but delayed so that Sting loses all his heat, the NWO is almost as strong as ever, and Bret is the worst developed heel of all time, with a look in his eyes like he made a gigantic mistake.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
July Wrasslin' |OT| We Ran Out of Money for a Subtitle
July Wrasslin' |OT| *insert subtitle here*
July Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Battleground, it's all Fun and Games!
July Wrasslin' |OT| More Longevity and Originality than TNA
July Wrasslin' |OT| The Beasts in the East

Yeah, it bothers me too. :\
It's like we're naked.

Top Bottom