• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT2|

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sephzilla

It's all about spacing! I'm gonna medium kick you to death!

No joke, I threw in USF4 after watching that first video and actually won a bunch of games with some really basic fundamental shit. Don't fuck with Ryu's low medium kick.

tumblr_nhykccyyfF1ts2nh1o1_250.gif

SoGood.gif

His bounce at the end is what seals the deal

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Get Owens a motorized scooter. We can salvage this slob, friends. Perhaps he falls for one of the women on the roster and thinks he has a chance until one day, another wrestler, like Wade or Fergal, walk by and the camera zooms in on her reaction
0nC1OF4.gif

The KO fans could relate.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No joke, I threw in USF4 after watching that first video and actually won a bunch of games with some really basic fundamental shit. Don't fuck with Ryu's low medium kick.

Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

Cagey

Banned
Get Owens a motorized scooter. We can salvage this slob, friends. Perhaps he falls for one of the women on the roster and thinks he has a chance until one day, another wrestler, like Wade or Fergal, walk by and the camera zooms in on her reaction
0nC1OF4.gif

The KO fans could relate.

tumblr_m6pdiutZv11rumn7bo1_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
are you saying i'm talentless in SF4?
cuz you're right

I'm dumb when it comes to competitive games. I go in assuming I'm going to lose and make them work hard to get it, via mind games. I loooove mind games.

If I frustrate or irritate someone by doing something irrational, then god dammit I'm gon' do it. Every time. Like Starcraft II.

Don't think you're referring to, but it's a good one nonetheless:

GsvnCQC.png

Sephzilla

I'm dumb when it comes to competitive games. I go in assuming I'm going to lose and make them work hard to get it, via mind games. I loooove mind games.

If I frustrate or irritate someone by doing something irrational, then god dammit I'm gon' do it. Every time. Like Starcraft II.

one of my best friends does the same thing, from a spectator point of view its fucking hilarious. i hate playing against him though

how is SFV shaping up? Anyone get to try it?

KI's been so good feeling thanks to all the mind games in it with the combo system. When I was playing I got hate mail all the time for not even using combos and just poking and dodging with Glacius forever. So much fun.

fakeout.gif

MOBAs are great for getting into people's heads too, once you see the all chat rage you know you're in.

Remember Booker! Mind Games!

Fox318

Brock was one of the few dudes the WWE ever found where getting the belt on him as fast as possible was a move few people would say no to.

Brock was one of the few dudes the WWE ever found where getting the belt on him as fast as possible was a move few people would say no to.

Brock. Kurt.

Paige

People don't give The Rock, Lesnar, and even Scott Hall enough credit for how well they sell.

Yeah? I feel like Scott Hall was always seen as the stooge of the NWO and always getting beaten up and selling. I didn't watch much WCW though, did he ever have a prolific singles program?

I'm not much of an avid fight game player as I once was. But I have FIERCE character loyalty to my boy Rock Howard. I would buy a game and get back into fighting games hardcore if he was ever announced for anything.

rock-jacketthrow.gif

NoRéN;173405841 said:
Added to my wishlist. Thanks!

Just did. Yes, that is me in my profile pic.

You're a dog..?

NoRéN

Unpopular view. I think Roman Reigns sells pretty damn good.

Worst I have seen. New and Improved Eva Marie.
God damn. Even still.

Going off of the way she talks, she has a problem conveying emotion. So, it's not surprising to me to see her struggle with selling a move.

Fox318

¡HarlequinPanic!;173406114 said:
Brock. Kurt.

Paige

Yeah? I feel like Scott Hall was always seen as the stooge of the NWO and always getting beaten up and selling. I didn't watch much WCW though, did he ever have a prolific singles program?

Triple H thought Kurt was too short to be champ.

Patterson told H if he could beat Kurt up then he shouldn't be champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When it comes to 2d fighting games, bow down to the man himself:
latest

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;173405889 said:
how is SFV shaping up? Anyone get to try it?

I didn't get to try it but from what I saw and heard its apparently really solid. I'm actually happy Capcom is going to a League of Legends type system with DLC characters with the game too, and is abandoning the Super Ultra Turbo edition shit.

People don't give The Rock, Lesnar, and even Scott Hall enough credit for how well they sell.

Agreed, but Rock started to get a little bad about over-selling near the end.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't get to try it but from what I saw and heard its apparently really solid. I'm actually happy Capcom is going to a League of Legends type system with DLC characters with the game too, and is abandoning the Super Ultra Turbo edition shit.

You mean Killer Instinct's model? Except KI2 is free to play?

SFV should take a cue from KI...make the base game free, just a couple characters. This ensures EVERYONE jumps on it from Day One.

Sephzilla

You mean Killer Instinct's model? Except KI2 is free to play?

SFV should take a cue from KI...make the base game free, just a couple characters. This ensures EVERYONE jumps on it from Day One.

Yeah it's similar to KI. Difference is that SFV is doing the full-price 16 starting characters barrier. I'm okay with the model.

Guys question, I've been watching the Big Brother commercial and they have a wrestler name Austin still competing. By any chance who does he go by?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
KI deserves more respect. From what I hear at the nerd convention, it finally got some people interested. They have some SERIOUSLY inventive characters, and the game is fun as hell to play. And that soundtrack is ridiiiiiculously good.

One sad part about Street Fighter is that its soundtracks have always been bad, unless it's the PC MIDI version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lENlY-_fF0M

Loved that version's instruments they forced...

Also if anyone out there loves Adlib sound card soundtracks, hit me up. We're a rare breed.

Sephzilla

My initial view of KI was bad because the first time I really watched it was at EVO last year, and it looked boring as fuck. I actually got around to playing it after I got an XB1 for the Halo Master Flop Collection and it was surprisingly fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My initial view of KI was bad because the first time I really watched it was at EVO last year, and it looked boring as fuck. I actually got around to playing it after I got an XB1 for the Halo Master Flop Collection and it was surprisingly fun.

Be honest Sephzilla.

You didn't like KI when you watched it because it was on the Xbox One.

Once you bought one, then you gave it an honest try.

It's ok to admit it!

Sephzilla

Nah, i just thought it looked kinda poopy. Funny enough I think the game noticeably improved once the original devs left it and the second team took over.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'm eating dinner thinking about small indie federations when suddenly my mind goes to that Don West selling you the NWO post I wrote a few days back and realized.

The entire NWO would make a sustainable indie fed, the best ever even.

There's like 30 guys.
There's two referees, Nick Patrick and Slick Johnson.
There's a bunch of tag teams: Harlem Heat, The Outsiders, The Steiners, The Megabucks, The Megapowers, The Harris Brothers, Totally Buff.
There's Six Announcers: Bischoff, Dusty, Stevie Ray, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Million Dollar Man
Even a couple of cruiserweights from NJPW.

A final disposition is expected this week in the 18-month-old reexamination by the Lehigh County (Pennsylvania) Seventh Investigating Grand Jury of the 32-year-old mysterious death of Nancy Argentino in the hotel room of WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka.

Following 30th anniversary coverage of the controversial 1983 episode by the Allentown Morning Call — in turn was spurred by Concussion Inc.’s coverage, including in a chapter of my 2007 book Wrestling Babylon — county district attorney James Martin referred the dormant homicide file to the grand jury. Martin has told Nancy Argentino’s surviving family members that he will inform them of the grand jury’s decision by the expiration of its term (now set for the end of July after the court last year granted a six-month extension).

The Argentino sisters’ ebook through Concussion Inc., JUSTICE DENIED: The Untold Story of Nancy Argentino’s Death in Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka’s Hotel Room, has benefited charities associated with Nancy’s memory. The family now donates 100 percent of the ebook proceeds to Salerno, Italy, church Centro Evangelical dei Fratelli, which is developing a shelter for battered women,, among many other programs under its “Project Avalanche” umbrella.

Another rough week might be coming for WWE

jmdajr

Anyone have favorite annoying characters?

This guy has to be tops for his time.

tumblr_lza5bd0Fnj1qdul7oo1_500.gif

"The guy is just pressing buttons! He doesn't even know how to play!!!"

Hell even I refused to use the character just not to be "that guy."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ryu in SF is far and away the most annoying character. Anyone uses him, it means they have virtually ZERO personality, and they're a cunt. A complete cunt.

Top Bottom