• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Sephzilla

The Observer board and Twitter are full of sentiments saying "RIP dream," and I'd like to clarify that I am alive and well.

When offering your condolences, can you please specify that it's the American Dream that you're RIPing? My mom reads this thread and she's a worrier.

KrUqghJ.gif

fucking really, dude?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
pfft, if anyone had a match with tyson when this happened, they woulda been punished and possibly fired. Joe' lucky he's well liked and a vet

Do we know if its actually Joe's fault for the injury? Sometimes you just get hurt. Last I read it was considered a freak accident, not a botch on Joe's part.

Do we know if its actually Joe's fault for the injury? Sometimes you just get hurt. Last I read it was considered a freak accident, not a botch on Joe's part.

He's assuming it was and he's getting a pass because it's Joe, but 1) it was nobody's fault and 2) he's getting a pass because it's nobody's fault. It was the first time anybody's had a spine injury off that move, it came at a bad time for both, and from the video it didn't look like either fucked up, he just landed on his head somehow and got fucked up bad because of it.

dream

Two points:

1. Let's see how you bullies feel if you keep seeing "RIP Yourname" everywhere.
2. What kind of fans offer condolences to someone using the wrong name?

dream

I mean, of all the things for you people to complain about, me asking for you to avoid confusion and show the proper respect to Dusty by using his proper name is so, so low on the list. Maybe strobo was right, Data West.

Kaladin

Two points:

Except it's not your name. It's a username on a forum, and if we're being real here, most people are saying "Dream" and not "dream". It's just you being a troll, like you normally are.

Seriously man, I've come accept you being a troll and all, but trying to make someone's death about you is just kind of low....celebrity or not.

Except it's not your name. It's a username on a forum, and if we're being real here, most people are saying "Dream" and not "dream". It's just you being a troll, like you normally are.

Seriously man, I've come accept you being a troll and all, but trying to make someone's death about you is just kind of low....celebrity or not.

I just felt like bolding this point until the irony sets in for you Kaladin.

dream

No, Dusty's death is about Dusty, and it's sad, and it's unfortunate, and he will be celebrated for everything he contributed to pro wrestling, and he will be missed for everything that he still had to offer. Which is why I'd hope people would have enough respect to use his proper name when offering their condolences.

Shut the hell up, asshole.

We can talk more about this when you are less emotional.

Heel

Back to Witch 3; is there a worse mechanic than Witch Sensing?

Looting in The Witcher 3
Riding a horse in The Witcher 3
Swingin a sword in The Witcher 3
Usinga menu in The Witcher 3

Inventory management in The Witcher 3
Swimming in The Witcher 3
Traversing the world of The Witcher 3
Trying to interact with a person or object in The Witcher 3
"Ignite" in The Witcher 3

Two points:

Stop being a shithead. People's deaths are the time when you stop your troll gimmick.

Zach

Why are you guys even trying to reason with this schmuck? He's probably just jacking off to all the attention. How the kid isn't banned, I have no idea. It's pathetic.

Oh, is he shit-posting again? I can't tell since:

aahi056_8x10.jpg

can't see him.

Oh, ya know? Didn't consider that. I've never Ignored anyone on here, but I think now's the time. Thanks.

Colocho

Banned
No, Dusty's death is about Dusty, and it's sad, and it's unfortunate, and he will be celebrated for everything he contributed to pro wrestling, and he will be missed for everything that he still had to offer. Which is why I'd hope people would have enough respect to use his proper name when offering their condolences..

I don't know if I'm working myself into a shoot here, but if Hogan were to die and someone said "RIP Hulkster" it wouldn't be showing enough respect because they're not using his proper name?

Fucking bullshit, man.

Kaiterra

Banned
No, Dusty's death is about Dusty, and it's sad, and it's unfortunate, and he will be celebrated for everything he contributed to pro wrestling, and he will be missed for everything that he still had to offer. Which is why I'd hope people would have enough respect to use his proper name when offering their condolences.

Cut the bullshit you insincere schmuck.

dream

I don't know if I'm working myself into a shoot here, but if Hogan were to die and someone said "RIP Hulkster" it wouldn't be showing enough respect because they're not using his proper name?

Fucking bullshit, man.

WSS_Tshirt_HULK53901.jpg

How much Dusty merch did they make where they only called him "Dream?"

I think it's sad how many people in this community are making Dusty Rhodes' death all about themselves and their personal vendettas in this thread.

Kaiterra

Banned
Is Gaf slow as fuck or what

E3 lag is so bad this year it's rippling backwards in time.

I think it's sad how many people in this community are making Dusty Rhodes' death all about themselves and their personal vendettas in this thread.

I think it's sad that some of the people in here are making it an opportunity to gimmick post and troll others. Just fucking turn it off for once. Give it a rest.

Heroman

Banned

Really, one of the all time greats passed away and you are gonna make this about you?

dream

The irony, friend, is that they are trying to manufacture something that just isn't true. I loved Dusty. His cage match with Flair in 1986 is one of my favorite matches of all time. I used to wear kneepads with my jeans, bunkhouse brawl style.

I guess not even WrestlingGAF is immune from outrage culture.

Heel

Perspicacity, how are you feeling? I was worried enough to do a Google search on the dangers of eating a pear from a bottle of Eau de Vie. I don't need another body on my conscience.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I was thinking more along the lines of like "I'm not actually dead" or something a little more tongue in cheek, since I'm assuming dream is being very much tongue in cheek in the posts...

Can someone give me a brief primer on the history of Flair/Dusty? I always see the former mentioned with the latter, but I was born in 1984 so I never watched anything of theirs or knew that they had history.

I think it's sad that some of the people in here are making it an opportunity to gimmick post and troll others. Just fucking turn it off for once. Give it a rest.

Spot on, thank you Kaiterra

Perspicacity, how are you feeling? I was worried enough to do a Google search on the dangers of eating a pear from a bottle of Eau de Vie. I don't need another body on my conscience.

I'm fine. The TOD review suffered towards the end as I wasn't expecting it to hit me all at once like that. Since you mentioned it I just googled the same and learned that eating the pear is uncouth, so I'm just trying to get my couth back now before I go and edit it.

dream

Can someone give me a brief primer on the history of Flair/Dusty? I always see the former mentioned with the latter, but I was born in 1984 so I never watched anything of theirs or knew that they had history.

Well, in 1985, when you were just turning 1, Flair was approaching the 2 year mark as the World's Heavyweight Champion, and looked unbeatable. So he headed into Starrcade, with Dusty as his opponent, and the Horsemen decided to get a little insurance heading into the match.

Top Bottom