• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Things have been hectic here the past few weeks since my Father-in-Law suddenly passed away and I wake up this morning to find Christopher Lee died and I check Facebook this afternoon and the first thing that pops up is that Dusty Rhodes died. Fuck.

R.I.P. Dream

My condolences man. Yes it has been a rough day.

If only there was a over the top network to watch this match

CHQ9Bs3WEAIsVwC.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Jesus Christ. I just came home from a night of drinking in Antwerp. Only to read the news of Dusty's passing. RIP Dusty, you were really one of a kind. So much respect to you. You were a legend in every respect. Thank you for eveything. RIP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Chungking Express is a good movie. I just watched it. I don't think it's on Hulu even though it has a Criterion release though.

My condolences man. Yes it has been a rough day.

Thanks. Yeah, it was awful. I was actually delivering groceries to his house so I'm the one that found him. Then I had to call my wife who was home with our almost three year old and three month old and tell her over the phone... :/

Just got around to watching NXT -- who are these knuckleheads in front of the hard cam in Mojo Rawley shirts? Are we supposed to believe that Mojo Rawley fans exist?

I like the dude but cmon.

And of course these dipshits are gone by the next segment.

How many wrestling podcast are out there? I can only imagine the sad soul that listens to all of them.

I don't even think that's remotely possible. It's almost impossible just to listen to all the Wrestling Observer stuff in a week. I certainly can't manage it.

If you add in all the content from the other sheets and stuff, (The Torch, Voices of Wrestling, MLW, ect.) and all the wrestlers/ex wrestlers/managers' podcasts...it's probably more waking hours of content than there are in a day, even if you'd quit watching wrestling to do it.

DMczaf

Apparently Coachman was asked on ESPN about Dusty's death and he said "He was a great entertainer and a terrible wrestler"

Fuck you Coach. Fuck you.

Apparently Coachman was asked on ESPN about Dusty's death and he said "He was a great entertainer and a terrible wrestler"

Fuck you Coach. Fuck you.

It's true though. In terms of strictly wrestling talent, Rhodes wasn't very good or special. Dustin Rhodes was way, way better than him in terms of raw talent. Dusty was 100% charisma and energy and knew how to tell stories in the ring. Gary Hart said that in his book as well.

Jamie OD

Just got around to watching NXT -- who are these knuckleheads in front of the hard cam in Mojo Rawley shirts? Are we supposed to believe that Mojo Rawley fans exist?

I like the dude but cmon.

And of course these dipshits are gone by the next segment.

They consist of his friends and family. They usually show up when he's scheduled to wrestle.

alstein

It's true though. In terms of strictly wrestling talent, Rhodes wasn't very good or special. Dustin Rhodes was way, way better than him in terms of raw talent. Dusty was 100% charisma and energy and knew how to tell stories in the ring. Gary Hart said that in his book as well.

Dusty was decent in the ring, especially early in his career. Yes, Dick Murdoch was a better wrestler- but Dusty wasn't bad. Late in his career he deteriorated, but he could technical wrestle some (he wasn't any worse than Hogan- who also was decent at it when he wanted to be)

Not taking anything away from Gary Hart- who I feel is the greatest manager of all time, but I think he's underrating Dusty some here.

DMczaf

He...was exactly that.

What's the problem with this statement?

The man just died less than 12 hours ago, and decides this is when we should shit on his wrestling talent for a cheap joke on ESPN?

It's like backing dream while he was doubling down on that dumb ass Twitter joke that caused him to get banned.

Kornflayx

The man just died less than 12 hours ago, and decides this is when we should shit on his wrestling talent for a cheap joke on ESPN?

It's like backing dream while he was doubling down on that dumb ass Twitter joke that caused him to get banned.

The statement was poorly timed, but let's not compare it to dream making the death of one of the most important wrestlers ever into a troll attempt

Top Bottom